What are you doing to support your views?

Edited for correctness. Not quite sure how you could draw any other conclusions.

When I need my posts edited - which is never - I do it myself. I don't farm it out to arrogant cretins, which you have just proved yourself to be.

If you can't answer a point, just say so. It's not necessary to DEMONSTRATE your ignorance; we will take your word for it.

Dismissed.
You had no discernible point, other than you somehow not reading the OP correctly.

Seeing your follow-up post where you admitted to not voting in or caring about certain elections makes me think you got butthurt because you feel guilty over not being as informed and involved as you should be.

You may think you're the king of your respective hill, but you are not. People have a right to express their views (or act on them) in any way they choose to. It isn't up to you how that is accomplished. So how do you support your views? By running your mouth and forcing them down someone else's throat? You don't get to tell someone else how to believe.

One of the problems was the republican legislators refused to meet with any of us, we were very respectful but they brushed us off, The last Protest was in Raleigh feb 8th where 1000,000 people showed up. The leader of the Movement (Dr Barber) rightly says it is about policy not party or people .

I have been registering people and working phone banks and going into neighborhoods to set up voting registration tables

Why would they possibly meet with a bunch of "social justice" mental midgets? So you can "Michael Moore" them and accuse them of being evil corporatists?

Get real.

Yes to you Doctors, Lawyers , workers black white young and old are rabble? LOL Your lack education is showing, your ilk is dying off and none to soon

Oh, Low IQ boy, this movement has been going on since 2006 when the democrats were in charge

The most feeble-minded people I have ever known have advanced degrees like myself. Education does not make one smart, but a strong core of common sense and the ability to think beyond feelings does.

I never called you and your pals rabble, I called you mental midgets, which you are. Some of my closest friends are wonderful people who just happen to be dumb as a box of rocks in their understandings of life and people and liberty.

typical rightwing ingnorant old white trash who doesn't even know what the issues are or what is going one here. stop hitting the bottle stumble bum

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes to you Doctors, Lawyers , workers black white young and old are rabble? LOL Your lack education is showing, your ilk is dying off and none to soon

Oh, Low IQ boy, this movement has been going on since 2006 when the democrats were in charge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vbxn6JcLTQ

The most feeble-minded people I have ever known have advanced degrees like myself. Education does not make one smart, but a strong core of common sense and the ability to think beyond feelings does.

I never called you and your pals rabble, I called you mental midgets, which you are. Some of my closest friends are wonderful people who just happen to be dumb as a box of rocks in their understandings of life and people and liberty.

typical rightwing ingnorant old white trash who doesn't even know what the issues are or what is going one here

typical left-wing crybaby whining here

yawn

financial support to organizations and lobbies who back my values. voting for candidates who support my values. reminding candidates who don't that they won't be getting my vote. activiely participating in events that get the message across.

A post here I read a few days back got me thinking. What exactly are you people doing to support your views? Is whining on message boards the extent of your political activism, or do you actually have the guts to espouse your beliefs in public?

Have you ever worked on a political campaign, or with a political party? How often do you vote? When was the last time you spoke with one of your representatives at any level of government?

If you are not part of the solution--whatever it may be in your eyes--then you are part of the problem. I have more respect for someone who votes the exact opposite of the way I do than I have for someone who agrees with all of my views but does nothing to act upon them.

Was arrested last summer Protesting the NC Legislature along with 940 other people, also now working on voter registration
Pretty cool. Were you one of the Moral Mondays protestors?

(EDIT: HA, you were! What were your own state legislators' stances like? Did you interact with them at all, or just join in for the state-level protests?)

I've helped in efforts to register voters, but I quickly realized that registration is largely irrelevant. North Carolina has a very low voter turnout; only something like 14% of people showed up at the polls for the 2013 elections. Even in counties with huge bond referendums on the ballot, turnout was catastrophically low. However, the past two presidential-year general and primary elections have had a significantly higher turnout than in previous years; nearly a third of registered voters went to the polls in the 2008 and 2012 presidential primaries, and roughly two-thirds for the general. Even still, that means that a significant portion of registered voters never vote, and the majority don't vote except in presidential-year general elections.

Have you been doing anything to encourage turnout? Do you think that registration or turnout is a bigger issue?

Not directed at me but I wanted to edge in a comment here:

I am somewhat confused by the ever present push to increase voter turnout. I think that entire concept is completely misguided. For myself, I would rather people stayed home and chose not to vote if they do not understand the candidates or the issues that they are voting on. I find that the vast majority of people simply pull that lever out of name recognition or party loyalty without a single idea whatsoever what those candidates have promised, campaigned on or even stand for. Most of people I have talked to who vote are utterly clueless about the actual issues. It is infuriating to think that those people still go to the polls and vote with utter ignorance in the action that they are taking.

If you do not have the gumption to register and get out there to vote on your own then it is highly unlikely that you are taking the time to study the issues and candidates either. Now, don’t get me wrong – I would never stand in the way of another’s right to vote or attempt to erect barriers to that action but I also think that trying to get more people to vote is rather senseless. If the electorate is engaged and paying attention then that will take care of itself, no prodding necessary. If they are apathetic and not engaged then prodding is counterproductive. I don’t care who you vote for just that you do so with your eyes open and with the knowledge that you need to make an informed decision.

As for the Op, I am very vocal both here and in public about my political views but my participation in official movements is somewhat limited out of both a disgust for both parties and the legal matters that get in the way being that I am currently an active duty military member.

I try to annoy the LEFTIES and RIGHTIES (in real life) as much as possible.

Mostly I do that by pointing out how similar their complaints often are, and what GD fools they are to be supporting either the R or D party.

Of the two groups, its the LEFTIES who are usually most insulted when I point out that they and the Righties are often on the SAME PAGE.

I try to annoy the LEFTIES and RIGHTIES (in real life) as much as possible.

Mostly I do that by pointing out how similar their complaints often are, and what GD fools they are to be supporting either the R or D party.

Of the two groups, its the LEFTIES who are usually most insulted when I point out that they and the Righties are often on the SAME PAGE.

To be fair – we are not on the same page. The politicians are but the constituents still have morals and principals. It is the parties that are playing us all for fools and laughing all the way to the bank while doing it.

The partisan hacks are another story altogether though but we will ignore those for now.

I help business people move their companies out of the United States. Mostly small companies.

Honestly...I have pretty much given up. I live in a one-party town in a one-party state. Last local election had unopposed incumbents for ALL races. The only way to fix this sewer is probably carpet bombing. I vote in all contested elections...other than that, I give up.
Be the change, then. If you view the incumbents as being a problem, why not run against them?

Even discounting I might be the world's worst candidate...I simply do not have the time. I would have to give up my job.

A post here I read a few days back got me thinking. What exactly are you people doing to support your views? Is whining on message boards the extent of your political activism, or do you actually have the guts to espouse your beliefs in public?

Have you ever worked on a political campaign, or with a political party? How often do you vote? When was the last time you spoke with one of your representatives at any level of government?

If you are not part of the solution--whatever it may be in your eyes--then you are part of the problem. I have more respect for someone who votes the exact opposite of the way I do than I have for someone who agrees with all of my views but does nothing to act upon them.

I notice you didn't answer your own question...

Worked for a few campaigns in the past. When I was a younger fella I worked security for some events at competing political speeches/rallies. Got interesting a few times. Ted Kennedy once got all bent out of shape and was hollerin' right in my face. I couldn't help laughing. He had the gin blossom going and was getting red in the rest of his large, round mug.

Forum List

Back