What are you doing to support your views?

A post here I read a few days back got me thinking. 1. What exactly are you people doing to support your views? 2. Is whining on message boards the extent of your political activism, or do you actually have the guts to espouse your beliefs in public?

3. Have you ever worked on a political campaign, or with a political party? 4. How often do you vote? 5. When was the last time you spoke with one of your representatives at any level of government?

If you are not part of the solution--whatever it may be in your eyes--then you are part of the problem. I have more respect for someone who votes the exact opposite of the way I do than I have for someone who agrees with all of my views but does nothing to act upon them.
Thank you for a thread full of good questions!
1. I am making speeches on Youtube
2. Message board (only this one, I've been banned from all others) and a facebook.
3. No.
4. Last time in 2004 and I made a speech explaining why
5. I am playing a different ballgame than any current representatives at any level, perhaps my speech will explain best, and remember - if you do not help me share the speeches, you may be a part of the problem as well :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly are you people doing to support your views?

I just rescued another emaciated dog today that someone was kind enough to dump down my country road, to bless my life. She is a champ...a poodle mix..I am also looking for anyone that would like to adopt some of the other 20 dogs I currently have that I have rescued..... I just noticed that there are two more dogs dumped that are in need but I have yet to attain their confidence to approach them....
Kindness and love work far better than hate and discourse....

Last edited:
A post here I read a few days back got me thinking. What exactly are you people doing to support your views? Is whining on message boards the extent of your political activism, or do you actually have the guts to espouse your beliefs in public?

Have you ever worked on a political campaign, or with a political party? How often do you vote? When was the last time you spoke with one of your representatives at any level of government?

If you are not part of the solution--whatever it may be in your eyes--then you are part of the problem. I have more respect for someone who votes the exact opposite of the way I do than I have for someone who agrees with all of my views but does nothing to act upon them.

While I can understand the point you're trying to make, the way you're expressing it sounds awfully like you want to require people to earn the right to have and express opinions. I'm not comfortable with that.

A post here I read a few days back got me thinking. What exactly are you people doing to support your views? Is whining on message boards the extent of your political activism, or do you actually have the guts to espouse your beliefs in public?

Have you ever worked on a political campaign, or with a political party? How often do you vote? When was the last time you spoke with one of your representatives at any level of government?

We are PREPPERS, and we are making ourselves as energy independent as we possibly can.

We also have the means to defend ourselves and our property.

Oh geeez another paranoid case that thinks they they can fight off the government with pop guns.
Do you even listen to what you type?

The government is so big and bad, we just have to lay down and take their mauling of us and our liberties.

America sure has become adept at raising cowards.

My family immigrated from the Ukraine and Ireland and desperately felt that it was their obligation to vote in every election. And for every level. Citizenship was considered to be an honor and a privilege. I grew up with those values instilled in me.

To not vote would be to dishonor them and all the hardships they endured to build new lives for themselves in a very harsh land.

Those were the days when you were told where you were going to live and for how long. It was part of the immigration process.

And they considered themselves blessed to be part of this new nation they chose.

As far as my own political and humanitarian activism, I do as much as I can. It's the right thing to do.

Last edited:

We are PREPPERS, and we are making ourselves as energy independent as we possibly can.

Oh geeez another paranoid case that thinks they they can fight off the government with pop guns.

Don't worry they have a copy of Rambo...First Blood to help them along...

Do you even listen to what you type?

The government is so big and bad, we just have to lay down and take their mauling of us and our liberties.

America sure has become adept at raising cowards.

Funny thing is, the revolutionaries were willing to dump tea into the harbor over a tax, but not the rum made with molasses that was taxed also....

My family immigrated from the Ukraine and Ireland and desperately felt that it was their obligation to vote in every election. And for every level. Citizenship was considered to be an honor and a privilege. I grew up with those values instilled in me.

To not vote would be to dishonor them and all the hardships they endured to build new lives for themselves in a very harsh land.

Those were the days when you were told where you were going to live and for how long. It was part of the immigration process.

And they considered themselves blessed to be part of this new nation they chose.

As far as my own political and humanitarian activism, I do as much as I can. It's the right thing to do.

Well, I'll tell you the truth. I vote in most elections, but there are times when I support my views by NOT voting. It is my view, espoused several times on this very message board, that people are not "doing a civic duty" or doing society any favors by going to a ballot box and pulling a lever (or, in Arizona, marking a bubble sheet) just for the sake of doing so. (And no, I am NOT in any way making reference to TinyDancer in this discussion. I am simply piggybacking my own elaboration of my views off of her statements about her own.) It is my view that one has a responsibility and obligation to be an informed voter, which I always fulfill, and also that if you do not have a dog in the fight, you should leave it to those who do.

Consequently, there have been local elections on issues and candidates where I genuinely didn't give a damn which side won, because it made no difference to me. So I didn't vote.

Honestly...I have pretty much given up. I live in a one-party town in a one-party state. Last local election had unopposed incumbents for ALL races. The only way to fix this sewer is probably carpet bombing. I vote in all contested elections...other than that, I give up.

What do I do to support my views? I make them known, so others can be inspired by them. No better way for your views to influence someone than in a public forum such as this.

Get over yourself, nobody's inspired by your views.

Apparently you were easily inspired by hope and change, so hey, why not me? I mean, liberals like you are easily impressionable, no? Funny how you think the only inspirational views are none but yours.

Last edited:

While I can understand the point you're trying to make, the way you're expressing it sounds awfully like you want to people to have and express opinions.
Edited for correctness. Not quite sure how you could draw any other conclusions.

When I need my posts edited - which is never - I do it myself. I don't farm it out to arrogant cretins, which you have just proved yourself to be.

If you can't answer a point, just say so. It's not necessary to DEMONSTRATE your ignorance; we will take your word for it.

Dismissed.

Honestly...I have pretty much given up. I live in a one-party town in a one-party state. Last local election had unopposed incumbents for ALL races. The only way to fix this sewer is probably carpet bombing. I vote in all contested elections...other than that, I give up.
Be the change, then. If you view the incumbents as being a problem, why not run against them?

While I can understand the point you're trying to make, the way you're expressing it sounds awfully like you want to people to have and express opinions.
Edited for correctness. Not quite sure how you could draw any other conclusions.

When I need my posts edited - which is never - I do it myself. I don't farm it out to arrogant cretins, which you have just proved yourself to be.

If you can't answer a point, just say so. It's not necessary to DEMONSTRATE your ignorance; we will take your word for it.

Dismissed.
You had no discernible point, other than you somehow not reading the OP correctly.

Seeing your follow-up post where you admitted to not voting in or caring about certain elections makes me think you got butthurt because you feel guilty over not being as informed and involved as you should be.

If you put your money where your mouth is you will have to get a semi to hold all the requests for money that comes from passing around your addresses. It is easy to get real pissed off with all the causes you support because they won't leave you alone. As one who has run the gamut of volunteerism for good causes I now have one rule. I will not take any position that does not have total control and the final word on decisions, lol so I don't take any positions.

People who want to contribute more than money have to figure out what they are good at. Some can draw, some can organize, some can talk, some can snooze. My personal goal is to change the pr campaign of repubs and conservatives because as of now a bunch of high paid brain dead hacks are running the asylum. Thought this might be the platform to show off the creativity, but the phone hasn't rung yet. Alas I am descending into self serving purgatory, but that is what the op is about anyway

Dismissed.
You had no discernible point, other than you somehow not reading the OP correctly.

Seeing your follow-up post where you admitted to not voting in or caring about certain elections makes me think you got butthurt because you feel guilty over not being as informed and involved as you should be.

Your lack of discernment is not my problem. Neither is your inability to understand how your own words sound to other people. And neither of those excuses rude and boorish behavior. Once again, if you cannot answer, then just say so. If you do not understand the basic rules of message board etiquette, then say that.

Everyone gets one shot at being treated with courtesy and respect by me. You pissed all over it like the incontinent dog you are, in the hopes that it would make you look clever and Internet-tough. You blew it, and now you're garbage. (I'm explaining this, because henceforth I will assume that you are too stupid to pour urine out of a boot with the instructions on the heel, since that's what you announced yourself to be.)

Forum List

Back