What are those evangelical Christians really up to?

I tried that. It seems I was too "nice" for you.

Can we be friends again? You were with me until I fought with kathianne one day, who gets a mysterious reading comprehension problem when it comes to something that goes against her politically correct views, or time worn understanding of things.

Can we be friends again? You were with me until I fought with kathianne one day, who gets a mysterious reading comprehension problem when it comes to something that goes against her politically correct views, or time worn understanding of things.

I'm a Christian. I forgive.

And I like & respect Kathianne.

I'm a Christian. I forgive.

And I like & respect Kathianne.

Fair enough. Some day I hope to return to a friendship status with you, if I can be forgiven for my forays into politically incorrect thought and vigorous debate.

Pretty please?

Right. they want noahides. Subservient gentiles bound to the law, but not authorized to interpret it. That's done by rabbis only. The ultimate judicial activism.

Doubtful that it will have great appeal to the biblical Christians. So this Noahidic movement may garner a lot of hits on search engines, but may not even be that big. The very appeal of the Noahidic doctrine is antithetical to the grace- based doctrine of the N.T./ Christianity.

I checked with Christian Research Instititute and they don't even have a literature on this movement.http://www.equip.org/

I know that if CRI thinks that a religious movement/cult, or something similar to the aforementioned alarming to the Christian church/body, they will definitely have some comment or research material. I typed in "Noahide" on CRI's search box, and came up with a big old "Zero".

Eightball thinks you are a conspiracy whackjob:

Nienna has shown no opinion other than she dislikes your debating "style"

And Dildo is a puppet

QUOTE=Eightball;474708]Beg to differ, but Paul who used that metaphor to make a point in his epistle was not a gnostic, and in fact spoke strongly against that movement that was creeping into the early Christian church.

I've done a little investigation of your Noahidism stuff, and it is a cultic, conspiratorial, stuff, that belongs with George Norrey, and Art Bell......type of show-time entertainment.
Throughout the ages there have been many folks that have had a little taste of the truth, and then went "bonkers" chasing an exciting, "lead" as though it would all open up and reveal a "them" versus "us" movement, only revealed to the enlightened.

It's the enlightened that have often been the ones that have told the rest of us to "follow me!", I've found the real truth, only to be led down the path of tragedy......ala Jim Jones......Davidians.....Moonies.......Scientology....Unity.... movements......rtwngAvngr....I fear and shudder that you are following a similar direction.

They take a little bit of Judaism, a smidge of Christianity, a teaspoon of hinduism, a little Zorastorianism, and throw in some Rosicrusian stuff too, mix it with some rebellion, and Wa La, you have the "Real Truth", while the rest of us bible thumping, fundies are mislead, single minded, and not "enlightened" as you.....what is it now......Noahidism.....?

God doesn't hide Himself from his creation, so that His creation has to play an exotic game of "Clue" to find out the real truth about Him. That's where you and so many conspiratorial folks want/desire for your creator to be; a hidden, creator that only is revealed to a select few that have the smarts and intellectual pride that the rest of us lack. This is what gives rise to the Da Vinci Code, and so many other anti-Christian delusions. The desire to find the truth, while totally stumbling over the Foundation Block, Jesus Christ.

All along, you're self-deluded by your intellectual pride. The very blinding scales that you think that are on all of us poor Fundies, is the very snare that has you gripped in this delusion of "the real truth".

Metaphors about a leaky vessel are absolutely, right from Jesus's teaching, with the Apostle Paul's creative touch added. Throughout the ages, clay was a reference to our humanity being created from the dust.......as Adam was.......dust being clay......Clay vessels meant weak, God-dependent humanity, constantly needing refilling, re-encouraging, re-strengthening from God......as the strength from God possessed by humanity was something that needed a metaphorically speaking, refilling.......

In other words, man needed to stay connected with his creator in order to continue to be replenished, refreshed, and strengthened to continue in his walk of faith.
rtwngAvngr: I've hesitated to say anything about your philosophical/religious comments that I've perused in the past, but when you came up with that Noahid connection with the Apostle Paul's writings, I had to make a comment.

You've got a lot going for you upstairs......I can tell that your a very intelligent person, but I think that you also may want to rethink your obsession with the Noahide thing. After reviewing many websites dedicated to the Noahide topic.....I find it to be very inviting for the conspiratorial minded........

The pitfall of the highly intellectual has often been via the conspiratorial/religious/break-through enlightenment theme, repeated over and over throughout the centuries.

Man not being satisfied with biblical explanations has looked elsewhere, hoping for that elusive Genie, that would add exclusivity a system of belief.

Again, the stumbling block of man is actually the very foundation block.....Jesus Christ. The simplicity of God's message through Christ is too much for many to accept. It tests the sensibilities of those that will not be at peace with anything, but conjecture upon conjecture.

rtwngAvngr: Me thinks that your are obsessed, but I fear that you will take that as an insult......I don't mean it that way. All of us folks have obsessions.......for some it's biting finger nails, others, it's soap operas, sports, money, sex..........but for some......it's conspiratorial things........

Even as a bible Christian, I have my fears and worries and obsessions.........it's a life long battle........

Above all, I want my eyes to not be clouded with misconceptions, misunderstandings, at all. I'm not hoping that the bible is correct, and the Christian message revealed within it's pages is correct, but am confounded by it's simplicity, that reveals an infinitly deep Creator and creative mind.

I'm perplexed by the co-hesiveness of both Old Testament and New Testament Scripture even though thousands of years separates some of these books from others. I'm amazed at the full-filled prophecies that seem to be numbered in the hundreds.........

rtwngAvngr: Why would God want to make Himself elusive and only plain to a few..........such as yourself? Why would you, have the Noahide answer while the rest of us simplistic bible believers are given doomed to stumble along?

I will agree that conspiracies in religion are common place, and well-founded.

Again.....as mentioned earlier.......God is not hidden from some and revealed to others. It's humanity that closes or opens the door of realization of God's existence.

The bible wouldn't have weathered these last few thousand years of near perfect re-translation, as validated by the Dead Sea Scrolls, if there wasn't an omnipotent power/mind watching over it.

Romans Chapter 1 flatly communicates that people will look here and there for God, and totally overlook his obvious presence. Why? Because they want God to be something different that what He really is as revealed in preserved scripture, and creation itself. Romans chapter 1 flatly says that man will bring on his own spiritual blindness by ignoring the obvious, looking for the alleged, "truth" under stones, rocks, ///////and throw in conspiratorial legends, movements......etc.

God is simple to find, if the seeker drops all pre-conditions of what they want Him/God to be.......and will accept, the reality of who He is, and the evidences of his existence/reality.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Some day I hope to return to a friendship status with you, if I can be forgiven for my forays into politically incorrect thought and vigorous debate.

Pretty please?

It was not the politically incorrect thought nor the vigorous debate that riled me up.

yoo hoo. I'm right here, if you'd like to say something directly to me.

When you started the whole "thingy" it was my impression that you wanted to engage in some debate regarding the apparent paradox of Christians being very supportive of a religion that wasn't "supportive" of Christianity. Am I correct?

Doubtful that it will have great appeal to the biblical Christians. So this Noahidic movement may garner a lot of hits on search engines, but may not even be that big. The very appeal of the Noahidic doctrine is antithetical to the grace- based doctrine of the N.T./ Christianity.

I checked with Christian Research Instititute and they don't even have a literature on this movement.http://www.equip.org/

I know that if CRI thinks that a religious movement/cult, or something similar to the aforementioned alarming to the Christian church/body, they will definitely have some comment or research material. I typed in "Noahide" on CRI's search box, and came up with a big old "Zero".

Lol RWA, you reading? This is one of your believers as you claimed.

Nothing on it, not even in cult status, oh that has to hurt.

Doubtful that it will have great appeal to the biblical Christians.
I'm not sure. Many seem to have already "evolved past" the new covenant teaching.
So this Noahidic movement may garner a lot of hits on search engines, but may not even be that big.
From little acorns do big things grow. Just like my little turtled manweapon.
The very appeal of the Noahidic doctrine is antithetical to the grace- based doctrine of the N.T./ Christianity.
I fully agree.

Well if you have full faith in the cri to notify you of all things, hoorah for you.

Eightball thinks you are a conspiracy whackjob:

Nienna has shown no opinion other than she dislikes your debating "style"

And Dildo is a puppet

QUOTE=Eightball;474708]Beg to differ, but Paul who used that metaphor to make a point in his epistle was not a gnostic, and in fact spoke strongly against that movement that was creeping into the early Christian church.

I've done a little investigation of your Noahidism stuff, and it is a cultic, conspiratorial, stuff, that belongs with George Norrey, and Art Bell......type of show-time entertainment.
Throughout the ages there have been many folks that have had a little taste of the truth, and then went "bonkers" chasing an exciting, "lead" as though it would all open up and reveal a "them" versus "us" movement, only revealed to the enlightened.

It's the enlightened that have often been the ones that have told the rest of us to "follow me!", I've found the real truth, only to be led down the path of tragedy......ala Jim Jones......Davidians.....Moonies.......Scientology....Unity.... movements......rtwngAvngr....I fear and shudder that you are following a similar direction.

They take a little bit of Judaism, a smidge of Christianity, a teaspoon of hinduism, a little Zorastorianism, and throw in some Rosicrusian stuff too, mix it with some rebellion, and Wa La, you have the "Real Truth", while the rest of us bible thumping, fundies are mislead, single minded, and not "enlightened" as you.....what is it now......Noahidism.....?

God doesn't hide Himself from his creation, so that His creation has to play an exotic game of "Clue" to find out the real truth about Him. That's where you and so many conspiratorial folks want/desire for your creator to be; a hidden, creator that only is revealed to a select few that have the smarts and intellectual pride that the rest of us lack. This is what gives rise to the Da Vinci Code, and so many other anti-Christian delusions. The desire to find the truth, while totally stumbling over the Foundation Block, Jesus Christ.

All along, you're self-deluded by your intellectual pride. The very blinding scales that you think that are on all of us poor Fundies, is the very snare that has you gripped in this delusion of "the real truth".

Metaphors about a leaky vessel are absolutely, right from Jesus's teaching, with the Apostle Paul's creative touch added. Throughout the ages, clay was a reference to our humanity being created from the dust.......as Adam was.......dust being clay......Clay vessels meant weak, God-dependent humanity, constantly needing refilling, re-encouraging, re-strengthening from God......as the strength from God possessed by humanity was something that needed a metaphorically speaking, refilling.......

In other words, man needed to stay connected with his creator in order to continue to be replenished, refreshed, and strengthened to continue in his walk of faith.
rtwngAvngr: I've hesitated to say anything about your philosophical/religious comments that I've perused in the past, but when you came up with that Noahid connection with the Apostle Paul's writings, I had to make a comment.

You've got a lot going for you upstairs......I can tell that your a very intelligent person, but I think that you also may want to rethink your obsession with the Noahide thing. After reviewing many websites dedicated to the Noahide topic.....I find it to be very inviting for the conspiratorial minded........

The pitfall of the highly intellectual has often been via the conspiratorial/religious/break-through enlightenment theme, repeated over and over throughout the centuries.

Man not being satisfied with biblical explanations has looked elsewhere, hoping for that elusive Genie, that would add exclusivity a system of belief.

Again, the stumbling block of man is actually the very foundation block.....Jesus Christ. The simplicity of God's message through Christ is too much for many to accept. It tests the sensibilities of those that will not be at peace with anything, but conjecture upon conjecture.

rtwngAvngr: Me thinks that your are obsessed, but I fear that you will take that as an insult......I don't mean it that way. All of us folks have obsessions.......for some it's biting finger nails, others, it's soap operas, sports, money, sex..........but for some......it's conspiratorial things........

Even as a bible Christian, I have my fears and worries and obsessions.........it's a life long battle........

Above all, I want my eyes to not be clouded with misconceptions, misunderstandings, at all. I'm not hoping that the bible is correct, and the Christian message revealed within it's pages is correct, but am confounded by it's simplicity, that reveals an infinitly deep Creator and creative mind.

I'm perplexed by the co-hesiveness of both Old Testament and New Testament Scripture even though thousands of years separates some of these books from others. I'm amazed at the full-filled prophecies that seem to be numbered in the hundreds.........

rtwngAvngr: Why would God want to make Himself elusive and only plain to a few..........such as yourself? Why would you, have the Noahide answer while the rest of us simplistic bible believers are given doomed to stumble along?

I will agree that conspiracies in religion are common place, and well-founded.

Again.....as mentioned earlier.......God is not hidden from some and revealed to others. It's humanity that closes or opens the door of realization of God's existence.

The bible wouldn't have weathered these last few thousand years of near perfect re-translation, as validated by the Dead Sea Scrolls, if there wasn't an omnipotent power/mind watching over it.

Romans Chapter 1 flatly communicates that people will look here and there for God, and totally overlook his obvious presence. Why? Because they want God to be something different that what He really is as revealed in preserved scripture, and creation itself. Romans chapter 1 flatly says that man will bring on his own spiritual blindness by ignoring the obvious, looking for the alleged, "truth" under stones, rocks, ///////and throw in conspiratorial legends, movements......etc.

God is simple to find, if the seeker drops all pre-conditions of what they want Him/God to be.......and will accept, the reality of who He is, and the evidences of his existence/reality.
[/QUOTE]

Try to diminish me if you must but I think RW has brought some interesting things to light-----go read the debate on the UAE control of our ports if you think I'm his puppet.

I'm not sure. Many seem to have already "evolved past" the new covenant teaching.

From little acorns do big things grow. Just like my little turtled manweapon.

I fully agree.

Well if you have full faith in the cri to notify you of all things, hoorah for you.

I hope eveybody reads this post. Its complete proof that you will not listen to anything anybody else says, you are a troll.

Try to diminish me if you must but I think RW has brought some interesting things to light-----go read the debate on the UAE control of our ports if you think I'm his puppet.[/QUOTE]

Oh this ought to be great:

What interesting things has he brought to light?

Try to diminish me if you must but I think RW has brought some interesting things to light-----go read the debate on the UAE control of our ports if you think I'm his puppet.

I concur. Dillo has been a real little boy for some time now. He's got no strings to tie him down.

Actually

eightball
dillo
thehawk
and nienna all agree with my interpretation of noahidism.

There are probably others who lurk in the shadows, afraid of the pc wrath.

Also douchebag Hawk said he doesn't want American financial support of Israel, primarily militarily, he didn't say shit about this Noahide bullshit.

So now you are down to the puppet.

Oh this ought to be great:

What interesting things has he brought to light?
[/QUOTE]

If you think I'm just his puppet, you better go ask him.

Also douchebag Hawk said he doesn't want American financial support of Israel, primarily militarily, he didn't say shit about this Noahide bullshit.

So now you are down to the puppet.

I told you dillo was a real little boy. He listens to JC. Jiminy Crickety.

If you think I'm just his puppet, you better go ask him.[/QUOTE]

No, i'm giving you the opportunity to once speak for yourself, on with it boy!

Forum List

Back