What are the FACTS of the Herman Cain Accusations?

Apparently Rick Perry and his people hate black conservatives.

Hey Chris Wilson stepped in his own bullshit the other day when he was part of the pack leading the charge of the smear campaign against Cain.

Hell's bells, he's a freaking pollster for Perry and the moron didn't think anyone would connect the dots?

Holy toledo. Talk about a dumb fuck.

:lol:

do you think MSNBC will find some actress to play one of Cains mistresses, and interview her on Chris Matthews and /or the Rachael Madd Bull show? they are already egging the case as if Cain was a pedefile in the 90's.

Let’s sum up the “facts” as they are known right now. Mostly unnamed people accused Herman Cain of unspecified conduct which some people who will not specify the people or the conduct have deemed “inappropriate.” And one of the unnamed people received a piddly $35,000 severance package almost 15 years ago for unspecified conduct which included conduct unrelated to Cain.

Now, I would like all those jumping to the conclusion Herman Cain committed some sort of "sexual harassment" where are YOUR FACTS to back up your conclusion?

You conveniently left out the fact that they were "paid off" by Cain's company to "keep their mouth shut".

Mighty lucky for Cain, eh? And unlucky for Perry's campaign if it's true that they leaked the story.

Let’s sum up the “facts” as they are known right now. Mostly unnamed people accused Herman Cain of unspecified conduct which some people who will not specify the people or the conduct have deemed “inappropriate.” And one of the unnamed people received a piddly $35,000 severance package almost 15 years ago for unspecified conduct which included conduct unrelated to Cain.

Now, I would like all those jumping to the conclusion Herman Cain committed some sort of "sexual harassment" where are YOUR FACTS to back up your conclusion?

You are right. He is completely innocent. He did nothing wrong at all.

Feel better?

That goes right along with the innocent until proved guilty thingy...

I cant help but think of that character from south park , that sex crazed panda bear". I am wondering if that was one of Herman's victims.

You conveniently left out the fact that they were "paid off" by Cain's company to "keep their mouth shut".

Mighty lucky for Cain, eh? And unlucky for Perry's campaign if it's true that they leaked the story.

Actually, we don't 'know' that. It is assumed. It is not a fact. It may, or may not be true.

A trade association is not a company. Perhaps the women complained to the Board of Directors and the Board paid them off?

And I think I heard somewhere that Perry was blaming Romney! This is so confusing :confused:

A Fate Worse Than Death!...> Being Trapped In An Elevator For 48 Hours With Barney Frank, Anthony Wiener & Debbie Wasserman Schultz. If It Was You & You Had A 44Mag, What Would You Do?

If I had three bullets, I would shoot all three.

If I had two bullets, I would shoot Frank and Weiner.

If I had one bullet, I would shoot myself.

I remember back in the good old days when somebody accused a politician of something like sexual harassment they actually came forth with their name and faced the questions from the media and the accused rather than hiding behind a lawyer.

This women have asked to be released from her Non-Disclosure Agreement. the Lawyers are meeting today.

The problem here is not necessarily what happened, because we don't really know. It's how Cain has handled it.

First he denied it.

Then he admitted it, but said it was nothing. He hoped that there wasn't a settlement.

Then he admitted that there was a settlement.

Then he blamed someone working for Rick Perry.

Then he walked back that claim.

So without the women coming out with the details, he's already managed to shoot himself in both feet.

Now, the worrisome thing is that after this fully came out, he has maintained his position in the Rassumussen poll. So he might survive this.

What are the FACTS of the Herman Cain Accusations?

I have no idea, It is just fun to poke at the Cainites.

well, then cain should waive the terms of the confidentiality agreement.

facts as known:

two women were paid before they even had to file a complaint. shortly thereafter cain left his position with the Nat'l Rest. Assn.

witnesses to the event, and they're not unnamed, the women in question are unnamed b/c of same said confidentiality agreement, state they witnessed inappropriate behavior. what is that inappropriate behavior?

again, cain needs to waive the terms of the confidentiality agreement.

and before you say that it's up to NRA and not cain, that's not true, he WAS NRA at the time and it's really not a big deal to do.

i think cain people are so weird and bizarre... this guy shouldn't answer questions? really?

The NRA (as an organization) entered into a legal contract with the supposed women.
Mr Cain is not now a member of the NRA and thus has no legal right nor legal ability to dissolve that previous legal contract between the organization and the aforementioned women. Just like he can't dissolve any other legal contracts between the NRA and other entities.
Confidentiality agreements are a common practice when one's employment is terminated and a severance package is given, regardless of the reason for the termination of employment.

The NRA (as an organization) entered into a legal contract with the supposed women.
Mr Cain is not now a member of the NRA and thus has no legal right nor legal ability to dissolve that previous legal contract between the organization and the aforementioned women. Just like he can't dissolve any other legal contracts between the NRA and other entities.
Confidentiality agreements are a common practice when one's employment is terminated and a severance package is given, regardless of the reason for the termination of employment.

Good thing for him, eh?

That's the position I would want to be in if I was him, anyway. :eusa_whistle:

Really? That's news to me.

I remember back in the good old days when somebody accused a politician of something like sexual harassment they actually came forth with their name and faced the questions from the media and the accused rather than hiding behind a lawyer.

This women have asked to be released from her Non-Disclosure Agreement. the Lawyers are meeting today.

The problem here is not necessarily what happened, because we don't really know. It's how Cain has handled it.

First he denied it.

Then he admitted it, but said it was nothing. He hoped that there wasn't a settlement.

Then he admitted that there was a settlement.

Then he blamed someone working for Rick Perry.

Then he walked back that claim.

So without the women coming out with the details, he's already managed to shoot himself in both feet.

Now, the worrisome thing is that after this fully came out, he has maintained his position in the Rassumussen poll. So he might survive this.

he's doing fine

And the latest is that the attorney of one of the women said that he didn't sign the agreement, that he might not have known the terms of the agreement, and in fact the agreement may have taken place after he left.

Which explains the deafening silence of the MSM.

Really? That's news to me.
They aren't usually required of dishwashers.

it's not news to me, and it absolutely is a common practice.

I can relate to the frustration that Cain's accusers are unknown and the charges are, as of now, vague.

That still does not change the fact that Cain has repeatedly lied about everything. His story has changed from 'nothing ever happened' and 'knowing nothing about it or any settlement' to remembering a LOT of details AND acknowledging a settlement. And it turns out that the settlement(s) are for considerably more money than Cain let on.

Cain has repeatedly and shamelessly lied about all facets of this issue. He has not only lied day to day, Cain has contradicted himself several times within the SAME day. He's even contradicted himself in the same interview.

If Cain had just stonewalled or refused to answer questions, it wouldn't bother me AS much. But his responses make it clear that he has no regard for the truth because lying seems to be his first inclination. It also doesn't show any respect for his supporters and the American people as a whole.

How any of his supporters can watch him shamelessly lie over, and over, and over again and not be disturbed by such a glaring character flaw is beyond my understanding. I've never seen anything like it, with the possible exception of how John Edwards behaved. But at least Edwards actions didn't appear to be the result of a pattern of behavior because it seemed to be an affair of the heart that was consensual. To my knowledge, nobody filed charges against Edwards. In Cain's case, these advances were nonconsensual and multiple settlements reveal a pattern of behavior which is more disturbing because Cain was in a position of authority over these women. That makes it also an abuse of power.

But as of this moment, it's the repeated lying that I find particularly offensive.

Last edited:
I'm not sure he has lied about everything, given what the accuser's attorney said this am...I think maybe he really doesn't know.

I'm not sure he has lied about everything, given what the accuser's attorney said this am...I think maybe he really doesn't know.

Cain made an early exit from the NRA. If I had to guess, I would say his pattern of behavior which resulted in two separate settlements totaling $80,000 was seen as a liability to the company if it became known outside the company and quite possibly a future financial liability if the behavior continued. And since the NRA settle twice (that we know of) before, any additional accusations (real or not) could have made them liable for a much larger settlement if any other woman's lawyer could show that Cain had previously and repeatedly engaged in sexual harassment, and the company had refused to take action to end the problem. I bet the NRA decided that the best way to insure that it never happened again was to let Cain 'pursue career opportunities elsewhere.'

Who knows. Not me, not you. I'd say the pendulum is swinging back to his side as more and more comes to light.

Forum List

Back