What Are The China's Goals In America?

China is an expansionist power. Its objective is to become a superpower. In order to do so, it has to dethrone the existing superpower. At this stage, China has a long way to go to catch up economically and technologically with the US. So it has identified two-pronged approach to minimize the effect of its late start. In order to catch up with the US and even Europe, China has to purchase high-tech items from the suppliers like Russia and Israel. These suppliers do not have much use for Chinese currency but they will work with China if it has US dollars. So China has identified US as a source of US dollars, which will fill up its forex reserve. China needs US dollars and US needs cheap Chinese labor. This is the extent of co-operation between the US and China. Everything beyond this falls into a category of adversarial relation between the US and China.

China is using its forex reserve to build up its high-tech infrastructure and carry out massive propaganda program which recruits western scholars as hired guns.

High-tech is the only major roadblock China faces at the moment. On the other hand, anything that can be built in China, you can be rest assured that it would be mass produced if needed. China is amassing military hardware that it reverse engineered from Russian designs. Once China has enough indigenous capacity to produce dependable military equipments, it will start to flex its muscle against the US. It will be less willing to resign to its fate as a supplier of cheap labor to the US. It will start seeking out allies to counter perceived US hegemony. If major European powers like Russia, Germany and France start to defect to Chinese side then things can get complicated for the US even if it manages to retain the allies like Australia and UK.

I keep seeing this thread "what are US goals in Ukraine" and it is truly a comical question, especially considering that the people asking such questions usually happen to be republicans who claim to be against foreign intervention (at least when they seriously try to get elected like Bush in 2000)

Good point. Neocon zionists are perpetually confused since their belief system requires cognitive dissonance or simple stupidity.

So I ask a question of my own: what are Chinese goals in America?

None of my business. Chinese are probably the most ancient civilization of an relevance. They circumvented the globe when bible thumpers thought the Earth was flat.

LOL! Thanks for 'venting' there - too bad that poor word had to be abused by you.......

Forum List

Back