What are the chances the Government shuts down on November 17th?

What are the chances the Government shuts down on November 17th?

• Total voters
The middle is who has us 34 trillion in debt.
Nope. Trump added to the debt more than any President in 4 years.

Federal Budget Deficits​

Federal budget deficits as a percentage of GDP under Republican Presidents are collectively 9% higher than under Democratic Presidents.
  • Democratic Presidents' deficits averaged 2.46% of GDP per year
  • Republican Presidents' deficits averaged 2.69% of GDP per year
1697340886408.png

1697340912615.png

Nope. Trump added to the debt more than any President in 4 years.

Federal Budget Deficits​

Federal budget deficits as a percentage of GDP under Republican Presidents are collectively 9% higher than under Democratic Presidents.
  • Democratic Presidents' deficits averaged 2.46% of GDP per year
  • Republican Presidents' deficits averaged 2.69% of GDP per year
View attachment 843175

View attachment 843176

He did. And while he is responsible for the debt he signed, it was sent to him by the "middle". I have constantly said Trump is responsible for signing off on the debt but those who passed it and sent it to be signed are responsible also.

Pretty simple question. What do you think?

Feel free to explain why, but it's not required.

Personally I think 100% chance it's gonna shut down.

The republicans actually want this because it makes the economy worse.

It won't work, they end up owning every shutdown.

I think it is 50/50 on if there is even a Speaker of the House by then

He did. And while he is responsible for the debt he signed, it was sent to him by the "middle". I have constantly said Trump is responsible for signing off on the debt but those who passed it and sent it to be signed are responsible also.
Trump knows and uses people like you.
He said "I could shoot someone on 5th avenue and they would still vote for me".
The cult will make excuses for anything he does. They cannot admit their messiah does anything wrong. It is sick.

You are making excuses for those who create and pass the laws that create the debt to start with.

Absolutely. No argument there.
I do not advocate debt. Government needs to be more efficient. But the debt reflects the electorate. Too many citizens take more from government than they put in. Everyone wants their needs to be taken care of but they do not want higher taxes. Almost all politicians promise more than the government can afford because that is what gets them elected.
Promised tax cuts will make the debt higher. That was a big part of why the debt has grown more under Republicans than Democrats.
To be fiscally responsible we should have Republican budgets with Democrat taxes.

I do not advocate debt. Government needs to be more efficient. But the debt reflects the electorate. Too many citizens take more from government than they put in. Everyone wants their needs to be taken care of but they do not want higher taxes. Almost all politicians promise more than the government can afford because that is what gets them elected.
Promised tax cuts will make the debt higher. That was a big part of why the debt has grown more under Republicans than Democrats.
To be fiscally responsible we should have Republican budgets with Democrat taxes.

And they are as responsible as is the president who signs off on it.

I always look forward to a shut down and then get disappointed but I hedged at 10%.
This is an idiotic thing to post.

Wishing for a government shutdown that will crash the economy and hurt millions of Americans is reckless and irresponsible; indeed, it’s to advocate for bad government.

It’s naïve and wrongheaded to believe shutting down the government will address debt and deficit.

This is an idiotic thing to post.

Wishing for a government shutdown that will crash the economy and hurt millions of Americans is reckless and irresponsible; indeed, it’s to advocate for bad government.

It’s naïve and wrongheaded to believe shutting down the government will address debt and deficit.

The government hasn't been operating for over a week now and no one cares.

What politician or political party do I worship.
When you could have a Trump vs Biden 2024 presidental race there is a lot wrong with politics and politicians.
elmer now you know how it feels to be labeled....when i disagreed with you long ago you called me a trumper....

And they are as responsible as is the president who signs off on it.
The congress writes and pass the budgets. If a President does not sign it the government is shut. When the government is shut down, it costs more than when it is running

elmer now you know how it feels to be labeled....when i disagreed with you long ago you called me a trumper....
I responded by disproving the claim asking if they can verify the reason they labeled me that way.
From your posts I felt you were a Trumper. If I am wrong, correct me and explain why.

Forum List

Back