What are some of your favorite albums by female artists?

Can’t really think of any albums per say by females,I pretty much like every album from shania Twain,Laura brannigan,aand hezrt since those Are my top 3 favorite female artists.

Don't know her Album names as I have lost all her CD's But Allison Krause is the best.
I second Alison Krauss! LeAnn Rimes and Tanya Tucker complete my top three.

God bless you and them and Alison always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison since 1994)

P.S. I love Alison's live album, LeAnn's album named Family because she co-wrote ten of the twelve songs, and Tanya's album named Soon.

There of course have been many, many great albums by female artists over the years in all genres of music. Some of my favorites include - 1) Court and Spark, by Joni Mitchell - Just a fantastic release, this one is my all-time favorite by a female artist. There isn't a wasted note to my ears. It features her fairly big hit, "Help Me", and well as her lesser hit, "Free Man In Paris". Highly recommended. 2) Tapestry, by Carole King - Another fantastic album, there are no wasted notes, to my ears, on this one, as well. This one includes her huge hit, "It's Too Late", as well as "I Feel The Earth Move", and possibly my favorite on the album, "Smackwater Jack". Just a great release and very deserving of being called one of the best albums all-time. 3) Tracey Chapman's self-titled debut, this one is amazing. It contains the songs "Fast Car" and "Talkin' About A Revolution", the standout tracks. But every track on the album sounds wonderful to me. So here a few of my favorites, what are some of yours?

I can't say I've ever been blown away by any woman's playing of an instrument. They just don't belong on a drum set and I can't think of any female guitar, horn or piano player that has made me fall off a chair.

So in my book, female musicians always seem to come down to one of two things: poor to average musician with smoking hot body and beauty that you just like looking at, or KILLER VOICE. And when it comes to killer female vocalist, no one comes to mind faster than Barbara Streisand. Not only did she have legendary vocal gifts and talent, but she had a beauty of her own and if that wasn't enough, could also act on stage and film, both comedy and drama, to make your pants wrinkle.

I only wish I would have gone seen her live.

Adele - 21
Babs Streisand - Guilty
Tapestry - Carole King
Blue - Joni
Dusty in Memphis
Kate Bush - Kick Inside (3rd album I ever brought)
Does Debbie Harry count? If so, Eat to the Beat Blondie

There of course have been many, many great albums by female artists over the years in all genres of music. Some of my favorites include - 1) Court and Spark, by Joni Mitchell - Just a fantastic release, this one is my all-time favorite by a female artist. There isn't a wasted note to my ears. It features her fairly big hit, "Help Me", and well as her lesser hit, "Free Man In Paris". Highly recommended. 2) Tapestry, by Carole King - Another fantastic album, there are no wasted notes, to my ears, on this one, as well. This one includes her huge hit, "It's Too Late", as well as "I Feel The Earth Move", and possibly my favorite on the album, "Smackwater Jack". Just a great release and very deserving of being called one of the best albums all-time. 3) Tracey Chapman's self-titled debut, this one is amazing. It contains the songs "Fast Car" and "Talkin' About A Revolution", the standout tracks. But every track on the album sounds wonderful to me. So here a few of my favorites, what are some of yours?

I can't say I've ever been blown away by any woman's playing of an instrument. They just don't belong on a drum set and I can't think of any female guitar, horn or piano player that has made me fall off a chair.

So in my book, female musicians always seem to come down to one of two things: poor to average musician with smoking hot body and beauty that you just like looking at, or KILLER VOICE. And when it comes to killer female vocalist, no one comes to mind faster than Barbara Streisand. Not only did she have legendary vocal gifts and talent, but she had a beauty of her own and if that wasn't enough, could also act on stage and film, both comedy and drama, to make your pants wrinkle.

Thanks, nice choice in Barbra.

Adele - 21
Babs Streisand - Guilty
Tapestry - Carole King
Blue - Joni
Dusty in Memphis
Thanks, Doc. Some fine, fine choices there. I also REALLY like Dusty in Memphis, by Dusty Springfield. I need to get the CD again. I foolishly sold it with a couple dozen other of my CD's when I was strapped for cash. Debbie Harry DOES count and I like Eat to the Beat, as well. I BELIEVE I still own the vinyl LP of that one.

Adele - 21
Babs Streisand - Guilty
Tapestry - Carole King
Blue - Joni
Dusty in Memphis
Thanks, Doc. Some fine, fine choices there. I also REALLY like Dusty in Memphis, by Dusty Springfield. I need to get the CD again. I foolishly sold it with a couple dozen other of my CD's when I was strapped for cash. Debbie Harry DOES count and I like Eat to the Beat, as well. I BELIEVE I still own the vinyl LP of that one.

Fifth album I bought was Eat to the Beat. Favourite tracks are Union City Blue, Dreaming and Slow Motion.

Politics aside Streisand was a fantastic singer

here is A Woman in Love with the Bee Gees

what a voice

Forum List

Back