What are Republican's plans to help uninsured Americans?

Out of curiosity, what's the 10th amendment argument for federalizing tort law? For that matter, what's the 10th amendment argument for using federal power to strip states of the ability to regulate insurance policies sold within their borders?

Funny... things I did not argue for... but nice try

Are you acknowledging there is no 10th amendment argument for 1) federal deregulation of state markets via interstate purchasing, and 2) federal tort reforms? Would those be federal encroachments on the states?

What I did argue for was the reduction of federal regulations... allowing such things as listed in a previous post of mine for the umpteenth time...

I must've missed it. Which federal regulations are bothering you so?

The Code of Federal Regulations

You want me to pick and choose thru the numerous things (just in this area) that the government has seriously over-regulated??

How about some from here??

Other Laws Affecting FDA

How many do you want me to list that are overstepping, unnecessary, or purely for governmental power grab??

How many from the 200K plus listed when looking up health care regulations from the list of federal regulations provided by the government itself??
Regulations.gov

The tendrils are plentiful... and have hindered things including competitive cost health care, freedom of choice, etc...

If you think the government has not overly regulated things related to health care, oh well... I probably could never convince you otherwise... But there are SO many regulations at the federal level, some of the specific ones, or even the extreme amount SHOULD be bothering you

Why this debate, America is a Christian and religious nation, and we do unto others as they would do unto us, so I'd like help if there ever comes a day when I need it, so as an American I'll pay more to help other Americans affected by outsourcing and the loss of productive work. That seems like the American way of doing things, so why the debate? If the Europeans can do it we surely can, aren't we the 'can do' nation?

I revised this but this will do. http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...241-answers-to-all-your-questions-on-uhc.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...lthcare/181931-conservatives-and-empathy.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...thcare/194630-u-s-ranks-last-in-study-of.html

So forcing one religion on everyone is your excuse for why we should have national healthcare? That's a new one I gotta admit, it's still stupid, but at least you aren't a sheep.

If you'd like to donate to a cause that you see goes in line with your christian values, I applaud you and encourage you to do so. If you'd like to force others to pay for a cause that you think goes in line with your values, I'll disagree with it til I'm pushing up daisies.

The power for government to provide, require, or subsidize 'cheap insurance' does not exist within the constitution.... the specific powers are distinctly laid out of what the government is charged to do... with the 10th amendment stating that all powers not granted to the federal government are then reserved for the states and/or the individual citizens...

Promotion of the general welfare is the creation of the free society that the government is set up to protect.... the constitution was never set up as a safety net for every citizen, rather it was set up to ensure the freedom of every citizen to take care of themselves, while not having to worry about invasion or takeover of another country or oppressive regime

And perhaps a little reading comprehension would help when looking at what the preamble states as a whole, and what the meaning behind it is... it is more like a dedication line of a book, showing who wrote it and for whom, and why... if you would like, I could possibly break it down to you, like a 3rd grade teach would to their students... for it seems like you need it broken down to about that level of understanding

Ah, I see the rift. You just read the preamble incorrectly. Very well.

The preamble says We the People, not We the Gubbermint. So I ask you again, what is your take on the first sentence of the U.S. Constitution and what you, as an independent being in the United States, are charged with doing as dutifully written in the United States Constitution?

And no, a preamble is not a dedication line. I mean if that's what you want to believe that's fine, but words mean things. Suprisingly enough preamble =/= dedication line.
I was wrong.
You CLEARLY don't know the difference between provide and promote.

And the troll don't know it is an introduction statement to the constitution itself...

If it were not so pitiful, it would be even more laughable

The preamble says We the People, not We the Gubbermint. So I ask you again, what is your take on the first sentence of the U.S. Constitution and what you, as an independent being in the United States, are charged with doing as dutifully written in the United States Constitution?

And no, a preamble is not a dedication line. I mean if that's what you want to believe that's fine, but words mean things. Suprisingly enough preamble =/= dedication line.
I was wrong.

And the troll don't know it is an introduction statement to the constitution itself...

If it were not so pitiful, it would be even more laughable
He's quickly deomstrating that he's not worth my time.

Obamacare hasn't taken effect yet - and so, you're either lying or speaking from abject ignorance.

You're wrong.

Some parts have been in effect for a while now.

Educate yourself.

This is a perfect illustration of why people "don't like ObamaCare" - They don't know anything about it.
I laugh at you

:lol:

Show this to be true, and show how any of it saved you "quite a bit" of money.

Are you people for real? Where have you been for the past YEAR??

This is what you get when you depend of fochs, beck, lushbo for your "news".

Are you saying you really don't know that NOW you cannot be canceled because of a preexisting condition? The closing of the "donut hole"? 80% of your premiums must go to health care. Parents can keep their kids on their policies until they're 25 (that right there is a huge savings).

Our insurance company sent us info. If you haven't gotten the same from your own ins, call them. Also, we got a premium refund - you might be eligible as well.

Seriously, you need to educate yourself. Here's a timeline, starting with what went into effect in 2010.

Implementation Timeline - Kaiser Health Reform

The power for government to provide, require, or subsidize 'cheap insurance' does not exist within the constitution.... the specific powers are distinctly laid out of what the government is charged to do... with the 10th amendment stating that all powers not granted to the federal government are then reserved for the states and/or the individual citizens...

Promotion of the general welfare is the creation of the free society that the government is set up to protect.... the constitution was never set up as a safety net for every citizen, rather it was set up to ensure the freedom of every citizen to take care of themselves, while not having to worry about invasion or takeover of another country or oppressive regime

And perhaps a little reading comprehension would help when looking at what the preamble states as a whole, and what the meaning behind it is... it is more like a dedication line of a book, showing who wrote it and for whom, and why... if you would like, I could possibly break it down to you, like a 3rd grade teach would to their students... for it seems like you need it broken down to about that level of understanding

I was wrong.

Since when does the federal government actually provide anyone with anything other than defense?

Name me one federal agency that will provide me with anything.

You're wrong.

Some parts have been in effect for a while now.

Educate yourself.

This is a perfect illustration of why people "don't like ObamaCare" - They don't know anything about it.
I laugh at you

Are you saying you really don't know that NOW you cannot be canceled because of a preexisting condition? The closing of the "donut hole"? 80% of your premiums must go to health care. Parents can keep their kids on their policies until they're 25 (that right there is a huge savings).

Our insurance company sent us info. If you haven't gotten the same from your own ins, call them. Also, we got a premium refund - you might be eligible as well.

Seriously, you need to educate yourself. Here's a timeline, starting with what went into effect in 2010.

So, you cannot show that you've saved anything. Thank you.

I was wrong.

Since when does the federal government actually provide anyone with anything other than defense?

There's nothing government CAN'T give you, that's what happens with gov't handout checks. You can buy whatever you want.

Middle class americans are taxed more so poor americans can buy anything, it could be food, it could be drugs.

I was wrong.
The Department of Health and Human Services.

I must've missed it. Which federal regulations are bothering you so?

The Code of Federal Regulations

You want me to pick and choose thru the numerous things (just in this area) that the government has seriously over-regulated??

Yes. You started there with the Public Health Service, which starts off with regulations protecting: "Confidentiality of alcohol and drug abuse patient records" and "Protection of identity--research subjects."

I'm in favor of privacy when it comes to health information. Deregulate something else.

How about some from here??

Other Laws Affecting FDA

What are we against here? The Federal Meat Inspection Act? The Poultry Products Inspection Act?

How many do you want me to list that are overstepping, unnecessary, or purely for governmental power grab??

You haven't listed any yet.

How many from the 200K plus listed when looking up health care regulations from the list of federal regulations provided by the government itself??
Regulations.gov

Looks like the first requires TRICARE to pay for mental health services. Too heavy-handed for you?

If you think the government has not overly regulated things related to health care, oh well... I probably could never convince you otherwise... But there are SO many regulations at the federal level, some of the specific ones, or even the extreme amount SHOULD be bothering you

I have an idea: why don't you try reading some of those regulations? Then the next time someone asks you about them, you'll have something intelligent to say about them. You might even know what you're against by then.

I laugh at you

Actually, I gave you three ways in which it is saving me money but more to the point is that you were wrong and you're so small and petty, you cannot admit it.

Are you saying you really don't know that NOW you cannot be canceled because of a preexisting condition?
And this saved you money, how?

The closing of the "donut hole"?

80% of your premiums must go to health care.

Parents can keep their kids on their policies until they're 25 (that right there is a huge savings).
How does this save YOU money? Without your kids on your policy, YOU would pay less.

All proof you are a blithering idiot.

Actually, I gave you three ways in which it is saving me money but more to the point is that you were wrong and you're so small and petty, you cannot admit it.
You have not SHOWN how -any- of that saved you ANY money.

Are you saying you really don't know that NOW you cannot be canceled because of a preexisting condition?

80% of your premiums must go to health care.

Parents can keep their kids on their policies until they're 25 (that right there is a huge savings).
How does this save YOU money? Without your kids on your policy, YOU would pay less.

All proof you are a blithering idiot.

I've given you ignorant pubs/bags what you demanded - The FACT that ObamaCare is partially in effect and that there are ways in which it has and is saving me money.

You were wrong and you're so dishonest and petty, you can't even admit that.

I've given you all the info I intend to. It is now up to you to educate yourselves further or hold tight to your ignorance.

But, being pubs and bags, you'll hide behind more name calling.

I've given you ignorant pubs/bags what you demanded - The FACT that ObamaCare is partially in effect and that there are ways in which it has and is saving me money.

You were wrong and you're so dishonest and petty, you can't even admit that.

I've given you all the info I intend to. It is now up to you to educate yourselves further or hold tight to your ignorance.

But, being pubs and bags, you'll hide behind more name calling.

you made 'claims', and refuse to post anything to substantiate them.

You're a hack and a liar.

Are you saying you did not read this:

Are you actually saying you want more info than that? Nothing else is any of your business.

What you should be doing is looking at how it can help you and save you money. Or, you could just stuff your head further into the sand.

Oh and, apology accepted. It take a real man to admit they were wrong. :eusa_whistle:

Okay, especially for M14 and Conservative because they so dumb -

The closing of the "donut hole"? 80% of your premiums must go to health care. Parents can keep their kids on their policies until they're 25 (that right there is a huge savings).

See it now?

Are you saying you did not read this:

Are you actually saying you want more info than that? Nothing else is any of your business.

What you should be doing is looking at how it can help you and save you money. Or, you could just stuff your head further into the sand.

Oh and, apology accepted. It take a real man to admit they were wrong. :eusa_whistle:
Look, if you cannot -show- that you saved any money, then you cannot support your claim.

The fact that you continue to refuse to -show- that you saved any money can -only- lead to the conclusion that you cannot -show- any such thing.

I ask again: Why did you lie about this?

Forum List

Back