What are Republican's plans to help uninsured Americans?

BS, I just lost my father to cancer a month ago! He had great insurance, he also was a huge catalyst of the space program, from the Mercury Program to today.

to his death he supported Obama and told me and my sister to make sure Obama care comes to be.

and we will do as much. bet your bottom dollar.

After spending 4 trillion in Iraq for much of nothing, except for empowering Iran and allowing Iraq to fall even farther behind, why in the fvck should anyone listen to what the GOP has to say. Today's GOP is a true lesson in futility.

Obama just gutted the man part of our space program.:mad:

lie

It's always government for you liberals isn't it? Help, help, help, help, help... always looking for the government to HELP.

EVERY HEAR OF HELPING YOURSELF?

Lazy fucking, big government, welfare queen, where's my hand out, freebie liberal, democrat trash.

GET A JOB.

ah let him die

Okay, especially for M14 and Conservative because they so dumb -

The closing of the "donut hole"? 80% of your premiums must go to health care. Parents can keep their kids on their policies until they're 25 (that right there is a huge savings).

Our insurance company sent us info. If you haven't gotten the same from your own ins, call them. Also, we got a premium refund - you might be eligible as well.

See it now?

Yelling and screaming something that does not -show- you saved money does nothing but illustrate your petulance.

Now, wipe your eyes, blow your nose, and support your claim with something substantive.

Last edited:
The reason Mitt Romney passed his one great achievement was so the taxpayer wouldn't go broke.
rdean I hope that you realize that your hero Mitt Romney is a Republican.

And as a Republican governor of Mass. passed the first Health Care Bill in the U.S. :cool:

I agree with Mitt Romney exactly half the time. On Everything.

two_face_piece.jpg

Kudos to the mod who typed up the tags on this (if that's how it works, i'm clueless lol), because that's just terrific.

The republicans believe that you should go work for it and buy your own; meaning, Pay your own hosipital bills, buy your own house, wipe your own ass, ect on down the list. Republicans believe in self achivement and hardwork and family. NO GOVERNMENT CONTROL OVER YOUR LIFE.

That's what makes this country free. The right to make your own life the way you wish without big bad government in it. The right to make as much money as you please or to die on the street! Think about that for a second! True freedom!

If you're stupid enough, you may end up on the street, but that's your fault.:badgrin:

Stupid people get cancer. Who knew?

Do you really believe this?

Just curious.

And if someone can't take care of themselves? Do you know any home remedies for asthma, or leukemia? How about diabetes or heart disease?

What's your answer?

"Take care of yourself".

Too many pampered people that got lucky pulling the healthy straw or have never been poor.

Are you not responsible for yourself?? Is government, someone else, or society responsible for your personal well being?? If you believe others are responsible, please cite the basis of this and why others are required to take care of you....

Now.. I am all for voluntary charity, helping those down on their 'luck' or in a bad situation... but that is voluntary giving, on the individual, do donate what they want... and since this is a free society, you have the freedom to also be a selfish prick and not help any cause... and while I may not agree, I agree they have the right to be that way...

There is health insurance that is available for purchase for most any citizen.... Can we get things better with loosening restrictions, increasing competition (thus driving down price), and make it easier by allowing more groups (neighborhood associations, Moose clubs, bowling leagues, etc) to get access to group health plans for their members to purchase, giving people more options than just what employers can or will offer.... but to have mandated government provided health care, paid for by others, to citizens who are NOT wards of the state (those who are committed and controlled by the state) is absolutely against a free society and is absolute BULLSHIT....

So take your little troll antics, slogan chanting bullshit and shove it up your ass

Are we responsible for ourselves?

For the most part, we are. We raise our families, feed, clothe and house ourselves. We make decisions on how we want to live our lives

But we are also members of a society. We are stronger as a society than as a bunch of individuals. We can accomplish more as a citizen of the United States. Some challenges are best faced as an individual while others are best faced as a member of society

National Defense is obviously best faced as a society. So is universal education, public infrastructure and public safety

It used to be that healthcare was best faced as an individual. If you got sick, you went to the doctor and could be treated for a few bucks. Then, hospitalization became more expensive and private insurance was needed. Then, private insurance became too expensive.

Most of the rest of the world has recognized that healthcare is no longer one of those things you can handle as an individual. It needs to be handled by the society as a whole so that everyone is better off

The republicans believe that you should go work for it and buy your own; meaning, Pay your own hosipital bills

Not true. Evidence shows that they believe in paying for the health insurance for Congress but not paying for their own. They believe in paying for the 1% but not for themselves.

And, some of them believe in lying rather than taking responsibility for their own ignorance.

Last edited:
After spending 4 trillion in Iraq for much of nothing, except for empowering Iran and allowing Iraq to fall even farther behind, why in the fvck should anyone listen to what the GOP has to say. Today's GOP is a true lesson in futility.
And then Democratic candidate Obama got elected to office by saying he was going to "immediately" stop the war and close Gitmo.

Once in office he continued to follow the Republican war strategy and only three years later he finally decided to wind the war down; but he has totally reneged on shutting down Gitmo. :doubt:

Until Republicans lied, the fuckers, and said Obama was going to release terrorists onto American streets and into our back years. They will fuck over America to get rid of the black guy. And I thought their policies under Bush were disastrous. They show us every day the meaning of "disaster".

And if someone can't take care of themselves? Do you know any home remedies for asthma, or leukemia? How about diabetes or heart disease?

What's your answer?

"Take care of yourself".

Too many pampered people that got lucky pulling the healthy straw or have never been poor.

Are you not responsible for yourself?? Is government, someone else, or society responsible for your personal well being?? If you believe others are responsible, please cite the basis of this and why others are required to take care of you....

Now.. I am all for voluntary charity, helping those down on their 'luck' or in a bad situation... but that is voluntary giving, on the individual, do donate what they want... and since this is a free society, you have the freedom to also be a selfish prick and not help any cause... and while I may not agree, I agree they have the right to be that way...

There is health insurance that is available for purchase for most any citizen.... Can we get things better with loosening restrictions, increasing competition (thus driving down price), and make it easier by allowing more groups (neighborhood associations, Moose clubs, bowling leagues, etc) to get access to group health plans for their members to purchase, giving people more options than just what employers can or will offer.... but to have mandated government provided health care, paid for by others, to citizens who are NOT wards of the state (those who are committed and controlled by the state) is absolutely against a free society and is absolute BULLSHIT....

So take your little troll antics, slogan chanting bullshit and shove it up your ass

Are we responsible for ourselves?

For the most part, we are. We raise our families, feed, clothe and house ourselves. We make decisions on how we want to live our lives

But we are also members of a society. We are stronger as a society than as a bunch of individuals. We can accomplish more as a citizen of the United States. Some challenges are best faced as an individual while others are best faced as a member of society

National Defense is obviously best faced as a society. So is universal education, public infrastructure and public safety

It used to be that healthcare was best faced as an individual. If you got sick, you went to the doctor and could be treated for a few bucks. Then, hospitalization became more expensive and private insurance was needed. Then, private insurance became too expensive.

Most of the rest of the world has recognized that healthcare is no longer one of those things you can handle as an individual. It needs to be handled by the society as a whole so that everyone is better off

Some very good points but don't expect most pubs/bags to take responsibility for their own health insurance. That's what the rest of us are here for.

The reason Mitt Romney passed his one great achievement was so the taxpayer wouldn't go broke. When someone goes to the Emergency Room, the cost is triple or more the cost of visiting a doctor. If you are over 40, the cost is at least 10 times more.

Medical bills are the number one cause of bankruptcy.

When someone visits the Emergency Room and can't pay, the tax payer foots the bill.

What is the Republican Plan to help uninsured Americans? I'm sure they don't want to end "Obamacare" without replacing it with something. No one wants to see millions of Americans uninsured or going bankrupt.

What about those people who can now insure their kids attending college. You have to tell them that can't do that anymore.

It used to be a "pre-existing condition" could be an allergy. Or a previously broken bone. Or a mammogram within the last six months.

Most universities have health clinics for the students that are covered by student fees. I know that was the case when I went to UIC back in teh 1980's.

The "uninsured" aren't really the problem. For the most part, they are young, healthy and don't need insurance and are only without employer based insurance for a short time.

The problem is spiralling out of control health care costs, which makes the cost of insurance higher. The insurance companies have tried to reduce costs by fighting against making payments or trying to discourage treatments or encouraging less effective therapies before agreeing to the thing you wanted done to start with. Meanwhile, they "encourage" employers to get rid of employees who run up too many bills. (Last job I worked, first folks to get fired wre the ones who were older and had medical issues.)

Romney/ObamaCare closes off those redactions and makes it harder for them to control costs, and then tries to compensate by forcing EVERYONE into the system.

There are some very sensible Republican plans for controlling costs. One is to get Medicare and Medicaid to go after fraud vigorously. Another is to reduce the amount of preventive medicine being practiced through Tort Reform.

Until you get costs under control, everything else is kind of meaningless. Forcing people to buy a product they don't want or need to reduce the costs for those who do need it isn't the answer.

"For the most part"? How many are you willing to throw under the bus? How many are "acceptable"? If one of the acceptable was your family, would it still be "acceptable?

And then Democratic candidate Obama got elected to office by saying he was going to "immediately" stop the war and close Gitmo.

Once in office he continued to follow the Republican war strategy and only three years later he finally decided to wind the war down; but he has totally reneged on shutting down Gitmo. :doubt:

Until Republicans lied, the fuckers, and said Obama was going to release terrorists onto American streets and into our back years. They will fuck over America to get rid of the black guy. And I thought their policies under Bush were disastrous. They show us every day the meaning of "disaster".

Yep. Its true. They hate a black man in the Oval Office a lot more than they love their country.

And, some voters have fallen for it.

The republicans believe that you should go work for it and buy your own; meaning, Pay your own hosipital bills
Not true. Evidence shows that they believe in paying for the health insurance for Congress but not paying for their own.
This is an insanely stupid non-sequitur.

Health care for Congress is no different than health care in any other employee/employer relationship. Supporting this, or not supporting this, has absolutely no logical relationship to supporting or not supporting the federal government providing health care to -everyone- in the US.

And, some of them believe in lying rather than taking responsibility for their own ignorance.
Or, in your case, lying in order to make a point that could not otherwise be made.

BS, I just lost my father to cancer a month ago! He had great insurance, he also was a huge catalyst of the space program, from the Mercury Program to today.

to his death he supported Obama and told me and my sister to make sure Obama care comes to be.

$4 trillion? Perhaps you should check your facts.

It costs will over a million dollars to take care of a paraplegic from 25 to 50. Double that for a quadriplegic. 40,000 Americans were maimed in Iraq alone. We will be paying for their care for decades thanks to the Republicans. The tragic parts are first, they don't want to acknowledge the cost. Insisting that talking about it is "unpatriotic". Second, they will blame the cost on Obama.

I suspect, when you add up all the cost for the next 50 years, it will be double or triple 4 trillion. Thanks, GOP.

I like the way the blame their shit on the Democrats by insisting, "They could have stopped us, so it's their fault".

Yep. Its true. They hate a black man in the Oval Office a lot more than they love their country.
Wow. Your partisan bigotry knows no bounds.

The GOP Healthcare plan is simple

1. Limit the ability to sue for medical malpractice
2. Allow interstate competition for insurance
3. Outside of that....Let them die

They know that with interstate competition, there will be no regulation. That means there's opportunity for millions of Americans to get fucked over even more. Go Go GOP. Just go the fuck away.

Lol this is the dumbest stuff I have ever read.

Half of you barely have the courage to step outside of your mother's basement, much less tell someone who can't afford health insurance and their entire family to go die a miserable death.

The basement. It has to be dark. It has to be damp.

One funny post.

$4 trillion? Perhaps you should check your facts.

It costs will over a million dollars to take care of a paraplegic from 25 to 50. Double that for a quadriplegic. 40,000 Americans were maimed in Iraq alone. We will be paying for their care for decades thanks to the Republicans. The tragic parts are first, they don't want to acknowledge the cost. Insisting that talking about it is "unpatriotic". Second, they will blame the cost on Obama.

I suspect, when you add up all the cost for the next 50 years, it will be double or triple 4 trillion. Thanks, GOP.
You need to work on your reading comprehension - perhaps when you get in from the playground you can ask your teacher for help.

Thee poster said "After spedning $4T" - as in the $4T has already been spent
You're discussing possible costs ~50 years into the future.

And so - and -so- not surprisingly - your post does nothing to substantiate the claim that $4T has been spent in Iraq.

Last edited:

It's always government for you liberals isn't it? Help, help, help, help, help... always looking for the government to HELP.

EVERY HEAR OF HELPING YOURSELF?

Lazy fucking, big government, welfare queen, where's my hand out, freebie liberal, democrat trash.

GET A JOB.

How can anybody be as stupid as you are?? It boggles the mind. Nobody is asking for a handout, you ignorant fool!!! People like you just do not get it!!!

Forum List

Back