What are Republican's plans to help uninsured Americans?

Uninusred Americans can continue to do what they have been doing. Use the emergency room. It winds up being on the taxpayer dime and up top nopw, the taxpayer was OK with it...and no one was dying becuase the ER turned them away. Why? Becuase no one is ever turned away from the ER.

The GOP Healthcare plan is simple

1. Limit the ability to sue for medical malpractice
2. Allow interstate competition for insurance
3. Outside of that....Let them die

Lol this is the dumbest stuff I have ever read.

Half of you barely have the courage to step outside of your mother's basement, much less tell someone who can't afford health insurance and their entire family to go die a miserable death.

You are being disingenous again.

No one is saying, "Let them die".

The question is, can the government run it better than the private sector.

Looking at Medicare, Medicaid, and the VA, a lot of people would say, "Nope, not really".

Here's the thing. We have 150 million on private insurance, 100 million on government programs. Most people on private insurance don't want to go to a government program and a lot of folks on government programs would rather have private insurance, if they could get it.

That's why Medicare Part C is so popular.

the 50 million who are "uninsured" are either transitory (between jobs), Illegals (shouldn't be in my country to start with!) or have willfully made a choice not to buy insurance because it is too expensive and they are basically young and healthy.

When I was in my 30s, health insurance was a huge waste of money for me. I almost never went to the doctor.

The problem with health insurance is that it isn't run like car insurance. Or home insurance. You are expected to pay the same amount no matter what your health conditions are.

Now, if you want to make an argument that we should go to single payer, make that argument. But Obama didn't. He took single payer off the table day one. He took the Public option off the table because he couldn't get the Democratic Senate to go along with it.

Instead, he went with the big giveaway to the insurance industry that the courts are probably going to strike down.

The republicans believe that you should go work for it and buy your own; meaning, Pay your own hosipital bills, buy your own house, wipe your own ass, ect on down the list. Republicans believe in self achivement and hardwork and family. NO GOVERNMENT CONTROL OVER YOUR LIFE.

That's what makes this country free. The right to make your own life the way you wish without big bad government in it. The right to make as much money as you please or to die on the street! Think about that for a second! True freedom!

If you're stupid enough, you may end up on the street, but that's your fault.:badgrin:

What did you do? Take an overdose of Rush Limbaugh stupid pills?

It's obvious you're simply spouting bullshit party points without having a clue as to what you're even talking about. Because if you did you would join me and agree with the following statements....

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as abortion.

So you're fine with murdering babies, huh? It's the government's JOB to protect the defenseless.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal conversations between patients and doctors. If a patient doesn't want their doctor to ask about guns in the home they can simply not answer or change doctors.

So you want the government able to advance it's agenda unopposed, huh?

I don't want the gubmint telling someone they can't get married just because they are gay.

Gay people have as much right to marry as heterosexuals providing they marry someone of the opposite sex.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as euthanaisia.

So murdering old folks is fine with you? Start to allow euthanasia and pretty soon you let the government decide who's life isn't worth prolonging. I vote for the immediate euthanasia of all Liberals, OK with you?

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as recreational drug use.

I don't want drug crazed "recreational" drug users ransacking my home for shit they can sell to support their habit, of shooting up my neighborhood in some turf war.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as life and death decision like it did with Terri Schiavo's family.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as whether a woman (or man) chooses to sell their time and bodies for sexual services.

In other words, you can't get laid without paying for it, huh?

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in spying on me and support repeal of the so-called Patriot Act.

Are you talking on the phone or in electronic communication with terrorists? No? Then you have nothing to be worried about, do you?

But I will tell you that if you do agree with those statements that will put you at odds with the conservatives who simply want more government control over our private lives.
Sorry, guy. We just want government to do what it was designed to do in the Constitution. Nothing more, nothing less

Looking at Medicare, Medicaid, and the VA, a lot of people would say, "Nope, not really".

Here's the thing. We have 150 million on private insurance, 100 million on government programs. Most people on private insurance don't want to go to a government program and a lot of folks on government programs would rather have private insurance, if they could get it.

the 50 million who are "uninsured" are either transitory (between jobs), Illegals (shouldn't be in my country to start with!) or have willfully made a choice not to buy insurance because it is too expensive and they are basically young and healthy.

When I was in my 30s, health insurance was a huge waste of money for me. I almost never went to the doctor.

The problem with health insurance is that it isn't run like car insurance. Or home insurance. You are expected to pay the same amount no matter what your health conditions are.

Now, if you want to make an argument that we should go to single payer, make that argument. But Obama didn't. He took single payer off the table day one. He took the Public option off the table because he couldn't get the Democratic Senate to go along with it.

Instead, he went with the big giveaway to the insurance industry that the courts are probably going to strike down.

The answer is no.

Didn't we just try privatized health insurance?

More than 1/3rd of American Households make $40,000 or less a year in salary. Is it truly feasible for that family to spend 1/4th of it's earnings on health insurance? Answer is no.

Average yearly mortgage/rent = 12,000 (being generous)
Average yearly foodstuffs = 4,000-5,000
Average yearly gas = 2,000.

Before we even GET to health insurance that total is dwindled down to almost 20,000. Add in a CHEAP family plan @ 8,000 a year and now it's 10,000 a year. 10,000 a year to deal with bills, debt, maintenance & repair, stuff for kids, entertainment...

Lol NO.

Most everything by wrongwinger is disingenuous... spin and fiction to try and make is ludicrous points seem valid... because it is the only way they can seem valid

Well?

Where is the Republican plan? They screamed Repeal and Replace. Shouldn't they have the details of what the replacement will be before they repeal Obamacare?

History has shown what Republicans mean by replace. What they mean is to fight any proposed healthcare plan. Even if it is a plan they offered as a replacement. Once they have delayed Healthcare until they have control of Congress, they do nothing

They killed Clintons healthcare and promised to do better. They had control of Congress and the White House for eight years after that and did nothing

Let them die is their obvious strategy

BS, I just lost my father to cancer a month ago! He had great insurance, he also was a huge catalyst of the space program, from the Mercury Program to today.

to his death he supported Obama and told me and my sister to make sure Obama care comes to be.

and we will do as much. bet your bottom dollar.
So much for thinking for yourself.

After spending 4 trillion in Iraq for much of nothing...
Interesting how the claims of the amout we spent in Iraq keep going up.
Show that we spent anything like what you claim.

Last edited:

Well?

Where is the Republican plan? They screamed Repeal and Replace. Shouldn't they have the details of what the replacement will be before they repeal Obamacare?

History has shown what Republicans mean by replace. What they mean is to fight any proposed healthcare plan. Even if it is a plan they offered as a replacement. Once they have delayed Healthcare until they have control of Congress, they do nothing

They killed Clintons healthcare and promised to do better. They had control of Congress and the White House for eight years after that and did nothing

Do you really believe this?

Just curious.

Well?

Do you really believe this?

Just curious.

And if someone can't take care of themselves? Do you know any home remedies for asthma, or leukemia? How about diabetes or heart disease?

What's your answer?

"Take care of yourself".

Too many pampered people that got lucky pulling the healthy straw or have never been poor.

And if someone can't take care of themselves? Do you know any home remedies for asthma, or leukemia? How about diabetes or heart disease?

What's your answer?

"Take care of yourself".

Too many pampered people that got lucky pulling the healthy straw or have never been poor.
You, alone, are responsible for you.

If you believe it is immoral to allow those that cannot provide for themselves to suffer, then donate to charities that help these people -- do -not- presume to force your morality on others.

How bout make it easier for everyone to buy their own insurance by getting rid of income taxes?

I like the idea of being able to afford good insurance rather than being forced to pay for shitty insurance, call me a whackjob.

I was under the impression that the point of Obamacare was so that there were no more uninsured? Are you admitting that Obamacare failed at it's sole objective?

Most everything by wrongwinger is disingenuous... spin and fiction to try and make is ludicrous points seem valid... because it is the only way they can seem valid

317037_132621753506758_100002768017097_121102_1987932459_n.jpg

Forum List

Back