CDZ What a Mess, V. 2.0

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
So, just a moment ago I listened to a CNN report on the strategy and tactics of the GOP and Democrat's efforts to win the Presidential election in North Carolina (NC). In describing the approach used by the RNC and Trump, their volunteers and campaign staffers are going door-to-door speaking with voters. The Democrats are doing the same thing. But there's a key difference: the GOP workers are knocking only on the doors of folks whom they know are supportive of the GOP candidate. LOL

Why does that tactic strike me as laughable? Well, right off the top, NC Democrats have a ~600K voter numerical advantage. Thus, if a Republican is to win NC's presidential electors, one must sway unaligned, Independent or Democrat voters. A Republican presidential candidate unlikely to make much progress achieving that goal by talking to folks who are already of a mind to vote for the GOP candidate.

Now I could be wrong. I'm sure the RNC's staffers know many things I don't know about campaigning in NC. I suppose it remains to be seen whether they know what they are doing and it proves to work, or whether my simplistic take on the matter gives credence to my notion that whether they know what they are doing or not, what they are doing is and will be ineffective. Time will tell...

It's about voter turnout. Each wants to turnout votes for their campaigns not against. As for the methodology, thank Obama! He was the master of targeted campaigning.

Sounds like two different strategies. GOP is trying to turn out their base and Dems are trying to convince Reps to vote Dem.

It seems to me that one report about a strategy used in one state is not enough to declare laughable unless you are just going out of your way to laugh at a particular group out of habit.

Why would anyone go into a democrook neighborhood unless they were looking to cop some dope or get a $5 blow job?

Those voters have ONE JOB, and it requires showing up at as many polling places as possible during the 4 year election cycle.

It's about voter turnout. Each wants to turnout votes for their campaigns not against. As for the methodology, thank Obama! He was the master of targeted campaigning.

Be those things as they may, if the GOP get 100% of their supporters to turn out and the Dems do the same, the GOP candidate loses. "Get out the vote" is a viable strategy for the party/candidate who has a known numerical lead in the quantity of voters who are predisposed to that party. It's a losing strategy for the other party.

It seems to me that one report about a strategy used in one state is not enough to declare laughable unless you are just going out of your way to laugh at a particular group out of habit.

I'm raising the point that a core strategy that the GOP is using does not align with what makes sense given the quantitative facts of party affiliation between the GOP and the Democrats in NC. Indirectly, I'm entreating for well thought out ideas about how, given those facts (the ones I have already cited in the OP) along with other empirical facts one might offer, the GOP candidate should have any glimmer of hope about winning what is for him a "must win" state.

I'm also introducing my thoughts on another aspect of the nature of the GOP, it's candidate for President and his supporters'; however, I'll raise that idea in a different thread.

They may be more worried about their other races than they are the Presidential vote TBH. NC is already facing a lawsuit about is congressional districts. When there was an Voting RIghts Act, apparently it was racist not to have minority-majority districts in the south and since it was struck down, it is racist to have minority majority districts. Sometimes I swear the democrats will eventually seek to declare that having a salt shaker and a pepper shaker on the same table is separate and unequal racism.

I'm raising the point that a core strategy that the GOP is using does not align with what makes sense given the quantitative facts of party affiliation between the GOP and the Democrats in NC. Indirectly, I'm entreating for well thought out ideas about how, given those facts (the ones I have already cited in the OP) along with other empirical facts one might offer, the GOP candidate should have any glimmer of hope about winning what is for him a "must win" state.

I'm also introducing my thoughts on another aspect of the nature of the GOP, it's candidate for President and his supporters'; however, I'll raise that idea in a different thread.
Uh huh. I agree with you on one thing, time will tell.

Why would anyone go into a democrook neighborhood unless they were looking to cop some dope or get a $5 blow job?

One who is aiming to secure an electoral win in NC for their candidate would enter such an area with the intention of swaying registered but uncommitted Democrats and others to one's side.

They may be more worried about their other races than they are the Presidential vote TBH. NC is already facing a lawsuit about is congressional districts. When there was an Voting RIghts Act, apparently it was racist not to have minority-majority districts in the south and since it was struck down, it is racist to have minority majority districts. Sometimes I swear the democrats will eventually seek to declare that having a salt shaker and a pepper shaker on the same table is separate and unequal racism.

I am sure you intend your comments to somehow be germane to the thread topic -- which is the strategy and tactics the GOP are using to garner votes in NC -- but it escapes me just how they are. Can you please clarify your comments so their relevance to the thread topic is dramatically less oblique and vague?

I am sure you intend your comments to somehow be germane to the thread topic -- which is the strategy and tactics the GOP are using to garner votes in NC -- but it escapes me just how they are. Can you please clarify your comments so their relevance to the thread topic is dramatically less oblique and vague?

The GOP wants to keep their GOP dominated Congressional delegation. They further want to keep their republican governor in office who is in a neck and neck race. Not everything the GOP does is about Donald Freaking Trump. Is that clear enough for you?

One who is aiming to secure an electoral win in NC for their candidate would enter such an area with the intention of swaying registered but uncommitted Democrats and others to one's side.

Do you REALLY "think" there are any democrooks not committed to the nanny state?

There may be some with just enough self respect to acknowledge what a completely disgusting, vile, lying, corrupt sociopath Hitlery is and are considering staying home after what the democrooks did to Bernie but Dump hasn't mentioned or even suggested that the nanny whore's tit would be pulled away from their mouths.

The GOP knows it isn't going to win over democrook slaves with an offer of independence. The last thing the ordinary democrook voter wants is to have to fend for themselves.

Be those things as they may, if the GOP get 100% of their supporters to turn out and the Dems do the same, the GOP candidate loses. "Get out the vote" is a viable strategy for the party/candidate who has a known numerical lead in the quantity of voters who are predisposed to that party. It's a losing strategy for the other party.
Why?

As an independent (Massachusetts calls us "unaffiliated") voter, if anyone from either party shows up at my home they're liable to get shot. I'd guess it's the same in North Carolina. Maybe the GOP is just trying to keep their workers safe.

The GOP wants to keep their GOP dominated Congressional delegation. They further want to keep their republican governor in office who is in a neck and neck race. Not everything the GOP does is about Donald Freaking Trump. Is that clear enough for you?

Red:
Yes. That is far clearer and far more precise. I understand what you restatement means and implies. TY.

Blue:
True. But the folks who are going door-to-door are discussing Donald Trump and not the other GOP candidates, at least that's what they attested to be doing in the news clip that just aired on CNN. Perhaps they were prevaricating about their goals and activities?

Do you REALLY "think" there are any democrooks not committed to the nanny state?

I am certain there are Democrats and Republicans, along with Independent voters, who oppose initiatives to convert the U.S. into a "nanny state." That said, those folks opposition to the "nanny state" is, given Trump's high quantity of negative attributes, unlikely alone sufficient to sway those folks to his side.

As an independent (Massachusetts calls us "unaffiliated") voter, if anyone from either party shows up at my home they're liable to get shot. I'd guess it's the same in North Carolina. Maybe the GOP is just trying to keep their workers safe.

Assuming that to be so, that has more to do with you than with them.

Red:
Yes. That is far clearer and far more precise. I understand what you restatement means and implies. TY.

Blue:
True. But the folks who are going door-to-door are discussing Donald Trump and not the other GOP candidates, at least that's what they attested to be doing in the news clip that just aired on CNN. Perhaps they were prevaricating about their goals and activities?

Not necessarily. I imagine if you can get people out for Trump, those people will also vote for the GOP straight ticket. Maybe it is putting hot dog buns on sale because it makes it more likely you will buy the hotdogs, chili and onions at regular price.

Forum List

Back