Whaaaat.........

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Every do something automatic outdoors in an environment a bit differant from that you were used to, and get that reaction?

The first time I camped above 9000 ft. in Colorado, I twice had that reaction.

The first time, I came down off Mt. Antero, forced off by a lightning storm, and was tired and hungry. Now one of my favorite camp meals is a casserole made with a box of mac and cheese, a can of mushroom soup, a can of tuna, and a can of peas or corn. Decided that said casserole would hit the spot, and proceeded to make it. While the boiled maccarone was soft enough, it was not hot enough to melt the cheese. In the casserole, the cheese had the texture of sand in the casserole. Next time, the kind with the liquid cheese.

After about a week of banging around the Collegiates, it was time to go down to Philmont and pick up my wife. Time to shave. Picked up the can of shaving cream and squirted some in my hand. The amazing blob. It grew and grew. Stood there in wonderment as half lopped over and fell on the ground.

Altitude makes a differance:lol:

At higher alltitudes you have a lower boiling point so you have to cook things longer. I saw a movie at hvac class where you can boil water at 70 degress if you put it in vacume. It was amasing it was boiling then the guy opened up the container and stuck his finger in the previously boiling water and no burn 70 degree temp. it is all pressure-temperature thats how refrigeration works!!!

Forum List

Back