We've lost Jane Russell

Mini 14

Jun 6, 2010
A great actress.

With possibly the most famous rack to ever grace a screen:

jane-russell1.jpg

I bet most kids don't know who Marlyn Monroe was and Jane Russell was a generation before that. I didn't even know she was still alive.

I loved her in the movie Tall Men with Clark Gabel. That western never gets old for me.
RIP Jane.

:(

She was fabulous in Gentleman Prefer Blondes - that is a terrific flick!

I bet most kids don't know who Marlyn Monroe was and Jane Russell was a generation before that. I didn't even know she was still alive.

They were of the same generation. As someone else said, check out "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes", Monroe & Russell, same generation! :eusa_whistle:

A great lady.

Howard Hughs sure loved her boobs. He had to get that famous shot just right. Don't think he was ever satisfied though. LOL

Another fine actress from Hollywoods Golden age gone.

Russel was on her way out and Monroe on her way when GPB was cast.

But I concur that Gentlemen Prefer Blondes was her finest work.

Frankly I was never much impressed by Jane.

FYI did you guys know that Howard Huges personally designed a bra for Jane?

You know the lift and separate slogan that one bra company used to tout about their product?

Howard Huges was apparently the guy who came up with that idea and he did it specifically for Jane Russell.

Weird world, huh?

Yeah I was wrong, Russell and MM were born 5 years apart. It's hard to believe MM would have been 85.

Yep! When they die young they always remain young. Just like James Dean,I can't imagine him ever being old but he would be if he was still alive. He would be 75 now, 10 yrs younger than Miss Marilyn.

Last edited:
Russel was on her way out and Monroe on her way when GPB was cast.

But I concur that Gentlemen Prefer Blondes was her finest work.

Frankly I was never much impressed by Jane.

FYI did you guys know that Howard Huges personally designed a bra for Jane?

You know the lift and separate slogan that one bra company used to tout about their product?

Howard Huges was apparently the guy who came up with that idea and he did it specifically for Jane Russell.

Weird world, huh?
Yes, but Russell refused to wear the bra that Hughes designed. Instead she wore her own bra, and Hughes never knew the difference.

We've lost her? How embarrassing!!!

Well, I've been looking... can't find her anywhere! Maybe shes' hiding? Has anyone looked under the bed?

Proof that conservatives come in good packages.

Jane Russell was a political conservative and born-again Christian (years before the phrase became popular)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back