We're number 37 !!!!!!!!!!!

If we have the best health care system in the world, as has been stated, on this board, shouldn't our life expectancy be higher than 50. Is that rational?

the best health care in the world does not reduce deaths from risky behavior.

Americans higher lower life expectancy can be explained by behavioral causes.

Accidents, Murders, Preemies, Fat, and U.S. Life Expectancy - Reason Magazine

Interesting Spin, but accidental dealths in the US account for about 18% of all deaths.

CAUSES OF DEATH

If we have the best health care system in the world, as has been stated, on this board, shouldn't our life expectancy be higher than 50. Is that rational?

Interesting Spin, but accidental dealths in the US account for about 18% of all deaths.

CAUSES OF DEATH

More than just accidental deaths were taken into account

Nice try

Yes, risky behavior has a very definate affect on longevity. Risky behavior like not having a health care system to catch early childhood diseases before they have a permenantly dibilitating affect on the child.

Maybe YOU can prove a cause/effect link between health care systems and life expectancy. God knows, none of your compatriots have ever managed it. I'm not really holding my breath that you will, either, but I expect the attempt to be incredibly funny.

Made my point...BYE!

If your point was that you're a microbe-brain who regurgitates the same warmed-over canards we've argued to death already as though they're brilliant, heretofore-unrevealed wisdom from on high, and then runs for the tall timber when he gets torn apart, then yes. You've made your point.

OK, easily done. Canada and the US had almost identical health stats 30 years ago. Then Canada switched to socialized medicine. Today their average life expectancy exceeds ours by 3 years. The have a far better score on infant mortality than we do. And we have a number on early childhood mortality due to respitory disease that is over 40 times that of Canada.

Canadian Single-Payer Health Care Program: Is it Better than US Health Care?

Maybe YOU can prove a cause/effect link between health care systems and life expectancy. God knows, none of your compatriots have ever managed it. I'm not really holding my breath that you will, either, but I expect the attempt to be incredibly funny.

I'd bet there is a margin of error. Something like the #1 system in the world could only make the #1 Big Mac eaters in the world the #10 longest lived people.

I don't know if we're polluted or fat enough that the #1 system in the world can make us the #50 or #37 longest lived. Maybe them stats go with the #20 system, #25? #1 seems like a stretch. Then again folks with internet access usually aren't the broke ones who I bet a nickle have the shorter life expectancy.

CAUSES OF DEATH

More than just accidental deaths were taken into account

Nice try

Hmmmm??? I could be wrong.. But..

That statement kinda means that more than just accidental deaths were taken into account.. I mean if accidental deaths are just 18% of all deaths.. That would mean there is 72% more deaths somewhere.. So it kinda means that more than just accidental deaths were taken into account..

So???? Nice try on your part..

Forum List

Back