Were Most Gay People Raised In Abusive Families

garyganu

May 4, 2012
This may be purely anecdotal evidence but it has been my experience that most gay people that I know were raised in abusive homes.

These abusive families may include:

unstable parents who randomly beat and/or belittle their children,

sexual abuse by a family member, relative or friend of the family,

dominant parent who abuses a passive parent in front of the children,

parent who abuses one child while she/he favors another,

dominant mother and passive father

Does anyone else have gay friends or relatives that suffered this type of abuse during early childhood?

Last edited:
i guess when you spend a lot of time hanging out at bus stations, you meet a lot of fucked up people.

this gets a 0.1/10

philately beckons you

heed the call :thup:

This may be purely anecdotal evidence but it has been my experience that most gay people that I know were raised in abusive homes.

Does anyone else have gay friends or relatives that suffered this type of abuse during early childhood?

Purely IMO, but a lot of homosexual adolescents are abused because of the fact they are homosexual. Parent's and family members think they can beat it out of them physically or verbally. There may be a certain portion where the reverse is true, ie a child was sexually abused and later turned out homosexual. But to my understanding that doesn't happen often and is usually sensationalized by shows like Law and Order.

As for all the homosexual people I know, they all grew up in loving families.

If just one person was gay who was not raised in an abusive family, that would mean that another factor is likely at play. There are plenty of gay people not raised in abusive families.

If just one person was gay who was not raised in an abusive family, that would mean that another factor is likely at play. There are plenty of gay people not raised in abusive families.

Stop underming garyganu's thread!

Now, Winterborn. Does anything mentioned by the op sound familiar. GGanu is trying to prove that homosexuality is a result of a dysfunctional home. Don't most gays you know come from a dysfunctional home?

Fags and lessies are different. What's true for one may not be true for another. Lessies tend to be driven by feminism and fags tend to be driven by abuse. No researcher today would be allowed to draw a conclusion that abuse causes some people to be fags. For example, Dr. Robert L. Spitzer, formerly of Columbia University, has recently made news by apologizing for his earlier research showing fags can be cured.

But, the history of fags suggests abuse is a factor. For example, the infamous Kensey Studies show that fags had their first sexual experience with someone far before any child should be experiencing such things.

Fags and lessies are different. What's true for one may not be true for another. Lessies tend to be driven by feminism and fags tend to be driven by abuse. No researcher today would be allowed to draw a conclusion that abuse causes some people to be fags. For example, Dr. Robert L. Spitzer, formerly of Columbia University, has recently made news by apologizing for his earlier research showing fags can be cured.

But, the history of fags suggests abuse is a factor. For example, the infamous Kensey Studies show that fags had their first sexual experience with someone far before any child should be experiencing such things.

I would really love to take a bar of soap to your mouth right now....

Sure some fudge packers and carpet munchers come from abusive homes; while others don't.

Which just go to show that it's more of a self induced mental problem than anything.

So in most cases the homo's family isn't to blame for their becoming a pervert. :cool:

Last edited:
I know my cousin was...

... as a kid, whenever he expressed any interest in a girl...

... my aunt would make fun of him and put him down...

... in front of other people...

... I don't know if that had anything to do with him turnin' gay...

... but how do ya go from havin' a crush on a girl...

... to bein' gay???

I'm sure Dick Cheney abused hid daughter. After all, he abused the country.

I would really love to take a bar of soap to your mouth right now....

Thank you sweetheart. I too oppose the use of profanoity. I am glad that you oppose using the words F**K, S**T, B**CH, A*S, etc.

No gay people that I know of, but plenty of heterosexuals were reared in those enviornments.....

Sure some fudge packers and carpet munchers come from abusive homes; while others don't.

Which just go to show that it's more of a self induced mental problem than anything.

So in most cases the homo's family isn't to blame for their becoming a pervert. :cool:

Sunni; What about straight couples who practice anal sex?

To the OP. I came from a very abusive home, and I'm straight. There are many straights who came from hell.

Were Most Gay People Raised In Abusive Families

No, just the ones raised in right wing Christian families with all those "values".

You mean like bigrebnc saying he started having sex at the age of 5? With a married 16 year old.

I had a cousin who was peachy ( died in 90 or so--aids). He had a great childhood. Way cool old man, boats, sports cars, fishing, diving, boxing.
He just "was". I could tell from the time he was 12 or so.

Another good friend is an orchid guy.His granpa and dad were the epitome of rough and tough, took the kid all over the world collecting plants, big game hunting etc etc. He actually got a lot of pussy when he was younger but wound up with a Latino twink. They've been a pair for 25 or so years now.

That's the only two I've known.

Forum List

Back