Went to a Romney event tonight

Basically that when the government picks businesses to invest in, it discourages private sector investments into competitive businesses in that sector.

I probably am not saying it as articulately as he did, but it was just another aspect I hadn't considered.

Good point and he is right. And he would know what he's talking about.
I'll never get excited about Romney per se but I could grow to like him enough not to mind pulling the lever for him.

Then grow some balls and vote for Gary Johnson who actually has a history of this, outside of rhetoric.

However, it is amazing that dumb fucking Republicans are believing that Romney does not pick the winners and losers after enacting Romneycare, backed by the Heritage Foundation. Seriously, how fucking braindead are you people to believe this propraganda?

You're w very sad person. So full of hate and probably living a shallow life. Neg incoming.

I'll never get excited about Romney per se but I could grow to like him enough not to mind pulling the lever for him.

Then grow some balls and vote for Gary Johnson who actually has a history of this, outside of rhetoric.

However, it is amazing that dumb fucking Republicans are believing that Romney does not pick the winners and losers after enacting Romneycare, backed by the Heritage Foundation. Seriously, how fucking braindead are you people to believe this propraganda?

You're w very sad person. So full of hate and probably living a shallow life. Neg incoming.

You are a sad person for calling me lonely, when you spend all your time on this board.

You are beyond pathetic.

How about you try debating me on the issues? Are you pussy?

Last edited:
Because you were never a slave.

So Jim Crow and institutionalized racism ended in 1865?

As you as you hold on to the hatred you obviously have, it will NEVER end.

You were never a slave, and you have all of the opportunities that any white man has. I was never slave owner and have never discriminated against anyone for something as stupid as race. This is, by and large, the norm of america today. We have no grief with each other, it's time to let it go.

Did my parents have the same opportunities? My grandfather who served in WWII and Korean, but was denied the use of the GI Bill, did he have the same opportunities?

Were blacks discriminated against after 1865?

Bump for Grandpa. I see that he just wants to flame me rather than tackle any issues.

I see all that he has is hate and no substance.

First one in PA. I really couldn't justify not going since it was five minutes down the street. I was surprised by some things and encouraged by others. A few things I noted:

1) Romney's message is conservative and focused on Obama. He emphasized getting government out of our lives and letting the people be free to pursue their dreams. He made some pretty persuasive arguments, some I aspects I hadn't considered. Im always pleasantly surprised when I get to learn things I didn't know.

2) The place was packed and full of energy. Romney was very much connecting with the people. I don't see how the claim that he is out of touch is warranted. I think the GOP is going to be alot more excited than the media is portraying. I saw guys I know who werent supporting Romney for the primary there cheering in excitement.

3) Contrary to the left's propaganda on the non-existant "War on women", there were quite alot of women supporting Romney. They were also quite vocal.

4) Unlike McCain, he was not at all afraid to take on Obama.

If you get a chance to go to a rally, I would encourage you to do so, because I think it might provide insight you aren't getting from the media. I'm very optimistic this year.
iS IT TRUE he was wanking throughout his ramblings

First one in PA. I really couldn't justify not going since it was five minutes down the street. I was surprised by some things and encouraged by others. A few things I noted:

1) Romney's message is conservative and focused on Obama. He emphasized getting government out of our lives and letting the people be free to pursue their dreams. He made some pretty persuasive arguments, some I aspects I hadn't considered. Im always pleasantly surprised when I get to learn things I didn't know.

2) The place was packed and full of energy. Romney was very much connecting with the people. I don't see how the claim that he is out of touch is warranted. I think the GOP is going to be alot more excited than the media is portraying. I saw guys I know who werent supporting Romney for the primary there cheering in excitement.

3) Contrary to the left's propaganda on the non-existant "War on women", there were quite alot of women supporting Romney. They were also quite vocal.

If you get a chance to go to a rally, I would encourage you to do so, because I think it might provide insight you aren't getting from the media. I'm very optimistic this year.
iS IT TRUE he was wanking throughout his ramblings

WHat arguments did he make that you found persuasive or hadn't thought of?

Basically that when the government picks businesses to invest in, it discourages private sector investments into competitive businesses in that sector.

I probably am not saying it as articulately as he did, but it was just another aspect I hadn't considered.

Romney said that?? Yet he supports TARP and free-trade agreements?? Awkward.:cuckoo:

He's said is several times. That you haven't heard it is more about you than him.

Romney said that?? Yet he supports TARP and free-trade agreements?? Awkward.:cuckoo:

He's said is several times. That you haven't heard it is more about you than him.
Who gives a Fuck about what he did or did not say....VIVA OBAMA:clap2::clap2:

I don't know how many campaign events he'll be doing in California where I am. But I'm going to look into volunteering at least part time this summer as it turns to the general election. My friend was volunteering full time for a time. But he said he had to get back to work.

Sadly, Romney is simply Obama's agenda in whiteface.

You don't believe that nonsense. Nobody with half a brain believes that nonsense. You just want to stir the pot.

Last edited:
The ONLY war on women started with Rick Santorum and it ends with Rick Santorum. Romney is a moderate on social issues--but much more of a fiscal conservative than Rick Santorum ever thought of being. As Romney has a record of cutting 1.5 billion out of his state's budget without raising taxes. Rick sure had no religious convictions about spending our money on his earmarks and big government spending bills--and he has a 16 year voting record proving that he is the "establishment candidate"--not Romney.

I'm not sure what Romney is on Social Issues. He's been on every side of every issue.

As for Romney's record of governor, he isn't talking all that much about that one term he had before he was run out of office. Considering it involved creating socialized medicine and legalizing gay marriage, he probably doesn't want to talk about it with this crowd.

What's interesting is the exit polling data from yesterday. As we see from the below charts--Evangelicals are now dumping Santorum for Romney--and Santorum's biggest support is coming from DEMOCRATS-who would love to see Santorum win the nomination--to insure another 4 years for Obama.--LOL.

I think you are being a bit delusional. Evagelicals are just acquiesing to Romney, not exactly supporting him. Turnout in Maryland was lower than it was in 2008, and in Wisconsin, it was a bit higher, but not much. Romney is winning the nomination on the basis of states that aren't going to go into the GOP column in November.

Enthusiasm wins elections, and there's no enthusiasm for Romney- anywhere.

Enthusiasm wins elections, and there's no enthusiasm for Romney- anywhere.

Yeah, I can see the argument that says "run a moderate and lose." Dole was essentially a sacrificial lamb for Clinton, then there was McCain, now Mitt.

Interesting political thought exercise - why do so many Republicans defer to the "safer" candidate, despite the evidence that it doesn't work? In this case, though, if Santorum is the most conservative of the GOP candidates, I can see where they'd think he couldn't win.

Gary Johnson is a loser. Only those with an IQ of a fishbowl would want to vote for him.

WHat arguments did he make that you found persuasive or hadn't thought of?

How are free trade agreements an example of gov't picking businesses? It would seem the exact opposite.

Now that MItt is no longer struggling against his fellow GOPers, he will begin to craft his arguments against Obama.

This is to be expected.

Forum List

Back