Went to a Romney event tonight

Now that MItt is no longer struggling against his fellow GOPers, he will begin to craft his arguments against Obama.

This is to be expected.

And welcomed. Wait until the media focuses on Obama, who's had a free ride during primary season.

Sadly, Romney is simply Obama's agenda in whiteface.

I have to disagree. Romney paints a pretty strong contrast with Obama.

It's not his paintings that matter. Or his events. Or his ability to 'connect' with people. When it comes to a voting for a leader, I'm interested in how he'll govern. Despite his rhetoric, Romney has a record and it tells me all I need to know about his values and his style of leadership. I could never vote for him.

how many blacks did you see 3 or 4

I wasn't exactly counting. I rarely even notice the race of a person. Nor do I really care about it.

if i got to political event only see on race i would be scared.

kkk and republican party are the only political events where whites are the only ones showing up.

You do know that the KKK was the strong arm of the democratic party, don't you? Or do simply dismiss little facts like that because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Avatar must have seen him when he was freshly shaken...

mittromneyetchasketch_before.jpg

Enthusiasm wins elections, and there's no enthusiasm for Romney- anywhere.

Yeah, I can see the argument that says "run a moderate and lose." Dole was essentially a sacrificial lamb for Clinton, then there was McCain, now Mitt.

Interesting political thought exercise - why do so many Republicans defer to the "safer" candidate, despite the evidence that it doesn't work? In this case, though, if Santorum is the most conservative of the GOP candidates, I can see where they'd think he couldn't win.

I think there are a couple of things at play here.

The first is that the GOP establishment kind of got into a groupthink about "safe" candidates, re-inforced by the media. They started to believe their own bullshit.

I think the second problem is that the GOP itself is a party that is run by wealthy power-brokers on Wall Street and K-Street who only keep in power by playing on the racial and religous fears of working class people who get nothing out of their policies. So every election, they have to get the drums out and scare white males into realizing they don't have the political dominance their fathers had, but they quickly forget those issues when they get into power and do the things the wealthy want done.

What scares them to death is what happens when they get a true believer in there, like Buchanan, Huckabee or Santorum. Then it's all hands on deck. We'll get behind the loser knowing he's a loser, rather than risk actually letting the true believers call the shots.

Which is why you will hear less and less about the TEA Party.

Yeah, I can see the argument that says "run a moderate and lose." Dole was essentially a sacrificial lamb for Clinton, then there was McCain, now Mitt.

Interesting political thought exercise - why do so many Republicans defer to the "safer" candidate, despite the evidence that it doesn't work? In this case, though, if Santorum is the most conservative of the GOP candidates, I can see where they'd think he couldn't win.

Santorum is the most socially conservative candidate on record- Romney has a fiscally conservative record in the private sector- and given he had an 80% liberal democrat legislature who drove budgets and policy in MA. , his record there is conservative as well. What we have with Mitt is a careful and quiet man- calm; steady; focused-

Romney is our best hope not only in beating Obama, but in righting our nation and getting her back on track- at least economically.

Avatar must have seen him when he was freshly shaken...

He is the most fiscally conservative candidate. Which is why I support Mitt. Santorum is socially conservative.... which is why, while I may personally agree with him on some issues, I won't vote for him. I don't want a President that divides the nation on social issues - like Obama has. I want a cool, calm, rational, businessman to drive our economy out of this clusterfuck. That's Romney.

Santorum is the most socially conservative candidate on record- Romney has a fiscally conservative record in the private sector- and given he had an 80% liberal democrat legislature who drove budgets and policy in MA. , his record there is conservative as well. What we have with Mitt is a careful and quiet man- calm; steady; focused-

Romney is our best hope not only in beating Obama, but in righting our nation and getting her back on track- at least economically.

Romney was a fiscal conservative in the private sector? Shipping jobs overseas is conservative?

How will that help him as President? He can't fire states and leverage buyouts of others.

Romney was a fiscal conservative in the private sector? Shipping jobs overseas is conservative?

How will that help him as President? He can't fire states and leverage buyouts of others.

Are you able to think beyond media sound bites and bumper stickers? This is a serious question.

Bump for Grandpa. I see that he just wants to flame me rather than tackle any issues.

I see all that he has is hate and no substance.

This is what YOU said to me in a neg that precipitated my response.

Go fuck yourself, you stupid SoB.

Now why would you expect a rational response from me? I'll tell you why because you're too fucking stupid to realize that you're pissing into the wind. And i didn't respond quicker because contrary to your stupid ass I post then usually leave.

Bump for Grandpa. I see that he just wants to flame me rather than tackle any issues.

Now why would you expect a rational response from me? I'll tell you why because you're too fucking stupid to realize that you're pissing into the wind. And i didn't respond quicker because contrary to your stupid ass I post then usually leave.

Slap the little bitch back. They hate being treated as they treat others

Oh I did. I even publicly explained the neg in the thread. Then other wackos neged me trying to be the popo

There is ZERO chance Obama will ever unite America.

In fact any fair observer knows he is perhaps the most divisive piece of shit POTUS in our history.

Romney has proven ability to get things done across party lines.

America really only has one choice.
Name the last president to unite America.

Voluntarily: Washington

By force: Lincoln

Okay, im sure I could probably come up with more recent ones. Reagan united people enough to have two landslide victories.
He didn't unite America. Carter was primaried from the Left, by Ted Kennedy. That split the Democrats.

Mondale was an extremely bad nominee, who foolishly thought that Americans would put country before wallet when he truthfully disclosed (and I'm paraphrasing) "I will raise your taxes. So will he, but he won't tell you".

And he was RIGHT: Reagan raised taxes as soon as he was into his 2nd term, that fucking liar.

There is ZERO chance Obama will ever unite America.

In fact any fair observer knows he is perhaps the most divisive piece of shit POTUS in our history.

Romney has proven ability to get things done across party lines.

America really only has one choice.

George W Bush. Highest rating of any president post 9/11.
I was wondering who the first moron would be to answer Dubya. Congrats!

The EVENT brought the country together, not Bush. In fact, he abused it to get his revenge on Saddam.

The country would have been united on 9/11 no matter who was president. Maybe even the Black guy.

Oh I did. I even publicly explained the neg in the thread. Then other wackos neged me trying to be the popo

Repped for standing your ground.

George W Bush. Highest rating of any president post 9/11.
I was wondering who the first moron would be to answer Dubya. Congrats!

The EVENT brought the country together, not Bush. In fact, he abused it to get his revenge on Saddam.

The country would have been united on 9/11 no matter who was president. Maybe even the Black guy.

Bush's ratign was higher after 9/11 than Clinton's was after the first bombing.
Fail.

If Romney was the best the GOP could come up with, it deserves to go the way of teh Whigs.

And please, if Romney's excuse for being a liberal who imposed socialized medicine and gay marriage on his state, because, hey, he didn't have a choice, what's he going to do if he has a Democratic Congress.

The ignorant, bigoted, atheist lefty rides again...

I lol'd.

Watcha got for me now?

Forum List

Back