Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Tonight I am making country style ribs with homemade cherry glaze, and here is the recipe. I want to share because it is SO delicious! :)

Ingredients:
*Country style ribs
*Spice rub
*Cherries (I use about a pound or two)
*Probably about half of a small to medium red onion
*Two cloves of garlic smashed and peeled (don't have to chop, will be strained out at the end)
*ketchup (just a few tablespoons)
*honey (about 1/4 cup)
*balsamic vinegar (about 1/4 cup)
*Apple cider vinegar (about 2 tbsp)
*a little bit of lemon zest
*about 1/4 cup water
*salt and pepper to taste

First you preheat the oven to 250 F.

1. Put ribs in a sheet pan and rub spice rub in well and generously.
*You can use any combination of spices you like for your spice rub. I have a whole mess of spices in mine (all spice, cumin, brown sugar, garlic salt, onion powder, marjoram and a few other things).

2. Cover with foil and bake LOW AND SLOW. Right now, I am baking mine for about 2-1/2 hours, but it depends on the thickness of the ribs. Country style ribs are always thicker than regular ribs with less bone and more meat, and it is imperative that you cook them low and slow so that the meat is tender.

3. While the ribs are baking, start the cherry glaze! Yum!
*I use fresh cherries for this, and this is the most time consuming and messy part. You must half the cherries like you would an avocado and twist them, then dig out the pit. I just use my fingers, but if you happen to have a tool that you find is easier, then go for it (it doesn't really matter if you make a mess of the cherries because they are going to go in the food processor). Also, make sure to wear an old T-shirt because guaranteed, you are going to cherry juice EVERYWHERE! Lol!
*Once you have cherries stemmed and pitted your cherries, throw them into the food processor and puree them until smooth.
*Put them into a heavy saucepan and add red onions (if you don't have red onions, you can use any onions - I used Vidalias tonight but just a little bit because you don't the onion to overpower the sauce), along with the rest of the ingredients.
*Cook on medium-low heat until reduced to about half, covered (probably about half an hour to 45 minutes)
*Let cool and then strain so that your sauce is smooth. (make sure you save some sauce for putting extra on your ribs when they're ready for eating!)
4. After the ribs have cooked for the allotted time, take the foil off and start basting the ribs with the cherry glaze (I do this about 3 or 4 times in half an hour), and cook for 30 more minutes uncovered.
5. Finally, once your ribs have finished cooking in the oven and have been glazed, you take them out to your grill and char them on high heat to finish (careful when handling them, because they fall apart easily). I just char them on all sides a bit and serve them with the reserved cherry glaze.

Delicious!

I wish I could give you more precise amounts, but I just eyeball the ingredients and add things to taste. I know, it seems long and complicated, but it's really not that bad and is well worth it. Hope you like it!

:)

Quesadillas.
Why is that underlined like it's spelled incorrectly? :dunno:
I had a large salad with mixed greens, chunky bleu cheese dressing, Caesar croutons, pepper and garlic salt, with two pieces of toasted sourdough bread and butter with a half-filled 10 oz. glass of white wine and man it was GOOD. **thumbs up**

Love the recipes and other ideas here! Last night...

Penne with hot Italian turkey sausage, sauteed red peppers, garlic, fresh spinach, cremini mushrooms, white wine and chicken broth. Topped off with dollops of ricotta. Also, I threw in leftover taco beef. It worked!

Happy dining!

We made two big batches of chile - different recipes - and we pressure canned 20 jars of the extra we made. Good chile too.

More Bachelor Chow! Also an attempt to clear out my cabinets.

Mexican Rice with Sausage, Chicken and beans.

1 box Goya Mexican Rice (very salty)
1 pack of Perdue short cuts chicken
4 Hillshire farms Turkey pepperjack sausages
1 can Goya black beans.
Hot sauce.

Nothing fancy for dinner tonight. Had scrambled eggs with cheese in them and washed it all down with a Pepsi.

Forum List

Back