Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Crepes with gruyère cheese, steamed broccoli, a tossed salad with tomato, green olives & a lemon-olive oil dressing, and sparkling water.

glass-sparkling-water-lime-13555306.jpg

Last edited:
Last night was a $5 Little Caesar's pizz, with an order of wings.
Most likely leftovers tonight. I'm glad the wife's back to work but dinner time has gotten a little weird around here. Not that I like her cooking or anything, but there was always something ready by 6. But - at least I get to do some cooking now. :thup:

Supermarket had a "buy one, get two free" sale on the St. Louis-style pork ribs before 4th of July, so I bought three, cooked two on the 4th, and saved one for tonight. Slow-roasted with teriyaki sauce, 'cause I'm tired of BBQ sauce for now. Some steamed veggies with sauce on them on the side.

Supermarket had a "buy one, get two free" sale on the St. Louis-style pork ribs before 4th of July, so I bought three, cooked two on the 4th, and saved one for tonight. Slow-roasted with teriyaki sauce, 'cause I'm tired of BBQ sauce for now. Some steamed veggies with sauce on them on the side.

I did pork ribs on the 4th, also. I just used dry seasonings - Trader Joe's South African Everyday Seasoning - and it came out pretty tasty.

Salmon filet sauteed in lemon, garlic and butter. Steamed zuchini. A layered salad with beet, tomato and cucumber and a lemon-olive oil dressing. Slices of baguette.

Black-Bean-Salad-with-Mango-Cucumber-Salsa.jpg

Last edited:
Got this week's menus planned and provisioned for. Chicken enchiladas with Spanish rice, pot roast, chicken and rice in mushroom sauce, and spaghetti.

Did this thing with fettuccine in a lemon-pepper/cream cheese sauce that the family went wild for. I have been ordered to create some other cream cheese sauces for pasta.

Got this week's menus planned and provisioned for. Chicken enchiladas with Spanish rice, pot roast, chicken and rice in mushroom sauce, and spaghetti.

Did this thing with fettuccine in a lemon-pepper/cream cheese sauce that the family went wild for. I have been ordered to create some other cream cheese sauces for pasta.

How do you do your chicken and rice with mushroom sauce?

I take boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chop them into chunks, and brown them lightly in olive oil and minced garlic. Then I mix them, fresh peas, chopped carrots, cream of mushroom soup, water, and poultry spices with steamed rice, and off we go. Strictly thick, gloppy, filling comfort food for the nights when mom's exhausted.

I take boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chop them into chunks, and brown them lightly in olive oil and minced garlic. Then I mix them, fresh peas, chopped carrots, cream of mushroom soup, water, and poultry spices with steamed rice, and off we go. Strictly thick, gloppy, filling comfort food for the nights when mom's exhausted.

That sounds delicious.

Forum List

Back