Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Sooper Dooper burritos, enchilada style.

We make the best burritos, learned while living in Tucson Now that I'm not where I can easily get the my thing, I've had to find substitutes that taste like it. And, they're fast to make.

Delicious with my ginger mojitos. First time we had them was in the Caribbean and now make them at home with mint that grows at our front door.

Sirloin steak, Caso Blanco and shells with green beans from the garden...Zingers for desert

Sounds like you're celebrating that new TV.

Show off.

Clipart-Black-And-White-Winking-Face-With-A-Mustache-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration-10241114306.jpg

I'm on vacation in California, and it looks like a vote was taken and I'm cooking tonight.

Have no idea what I will fix, maybe tacos....that's always easy, so is enchiladas...guess we'll have to take another vote! :biggrin:

I tried to make home made Rice-A-Roni, and it came out really good, but just a little bit too salty. Next time, I will cut down on the salt, and it should be perfect! It tastes almost just like Rice-A-Roni! :smile:

Tonight it will be ribs (which I am not making)

and Dutch spinach salad, double baked potatoes, Brussels sprout gratin, beer bread, and apple cake (which I am making).

You have to try this copycat Rice-A-Roni recipe. It is delicious and tastes just like Rice-A-Roni (at least to me). I've made it twice now. The first time, I didn't use the recipe and tried to recall the recipe, but it came out a bit too salty. Last night I made it and it came out great. Instead of using onions, I used onion powder because I didn't really want onions in my rice-a-roni. I didn't use the recommended chicken base. I used another brand of dry chicken stock base, same amount.

Chicken Rice a Roni {Copycat}
1 cup long grain white rice
1 cup angel hair pasta, broken into pieces
4 Tbsp butter
1/2 of an onion, chopped {About 1/2 cup}
3 cups water
4 tsp Chicken Better than Bullion chicken base
2 tsp dried parsley flakes {optional}

Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add rice and pasta. Stir to make sure the rice and pasta don’t burn. Cook until the pasta is light brown.

Add water and bullion and parsley if you like the green flecks
icon_smile.gif

Turn heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Once it boils, turn heat to low and cover pan with a lid. Cook 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. If water absorbs but the rice isn’t tender, add a bit more water and continue to cook until tender.

Homemade Chicken Rice a Roni copycat recipe

Its getting cold so the grill will be put away soon, we will be having the best and original hamburger the Serbian Pljeskavica with Lepinja buns, ajvar relish all home made, the last of the tomatoes from the garden in a salad with onions and some peasants fried potatoes. No pud as I have to lose a few pounds

Forum List

Back