Well over half of Americans believe democracy will cease to be in the US.

Are you really that stupid since SLAVERY was already in place? for many decades but now that a NATIONAL government was to be established, they had to get the South on board thus a compromise was made that made it possible for the Constitution to be ratified.

Since Slaves were not counted as citizens the south needed the 3/5 compromise to have 60% of the slaves counted as population yet even this was not full representation of the population in the south.

What Is The Three-Fifths Compromise?​

Article 1, Section 2, Clause 3 of the US Constitution outlines how representatives and taxes must be split between states. The compromise itself is the phrase

meaning that every five slaves in a state would count as three free people to determine how many congresspeople a state would be allotted.

Over all the south because they wanted to keep slavery actually LOST representation power.

Think Goats THINK!
You're the one getting emotional rather than reaching logical conclusions.

I said America permitted slavery. You have spent all this time, not proving that it didn't, but try to excuse why it did. Save it for someone who gives a shit about your feelings.

There is more slavery in the world today than there ever has been in human history despite it being against the law today.

Why is that do you think? Do people have morality or less of it?

And do our laws change this?

Don't forget, those "white racists" sent white brother to fight and kill white brother to end it.

People of today would never make such a sacrifice to end abject evil.

People at large still have morals; the problem is those same people will sacrifice their morals in an instant for the smallest or briefest bit of electronic pleasure.

But educated people know that the US was never a democracy

Sane and educated people will know that just because the DNC does not get their way, whether it comes to election reform or democrats losing office, that this does not mean we live in a government devoid of elements of democracy. But thanks to a Left wing government run education system, most Americans don't know these things and probably never will. In fact, it just may be that "the people" are sick to death of those democrats they have elected, granted those that are can be labeled racist, bigoted, homophobic, woman haters who are anti-Semitic, but I think that is only common sense.

Now as far as the US becoming a complete totalitarian state, which should have been the real question from a media devoid of an education and the truth, what say you? Is it inevitable?

Some who founded the country thought so such as Ben Franklin

“I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such: because I think a General Government necessary for us, and there is no Form of Government but what may be a Blessing to the People if well-administred; and I believe farther that this is likely to be well administred for a Course of Years and can only end in Despotism as other Forms have done before it, when the People shall become so corrupted as to need Despotic Government, being incapable of any other.”​

I happen to agree with Franklin, and is why I think those on the Left have focused more on destroying morality with society than anything else, it is to usher in despotism.
Only one party is trying to fraudulently change the outcome of elections. Only one party is making it harder to vote based on a bogus narrative that voter fraud is rampant and widespread. That party is republicans.

LOL, that is acknowledging the existence of slavery not permitting it since you didn't show they established it was about vote apportionment to get the Southern states to ratify the document.

ConstitutionUs

What is the 3/5 Compromise?

Excerpt:

The three-fifths compromise is an infamous passage in the US Constitution.

The constitutional conventional introduced this compromise as a way of bridging the interests of Southern and Northern states. This compromise proved to be a temporary measure.

What was the 3/5 compromise?

The 3/5 compromise meant that slaves had 3/5 of a vote in elections.

Article 1, Section 2, Clause 3 of the US Constitution outlines how representatives and taxes must be split between states. The compromise itself is the phrase

meaning that every five slaves in a state would count as three free people to determine how many congresspeople a state would be allotted.
The irony here is, abolitionists came up with the 3/5 compromise because slave owners wanted slaves to be counted as a whole person so that they could get more representation in Congress, but they were not treating them as a person.

Therefore, the 3/5 compromise helped reduce the political power of the South.

People at large still have morals; the problem is those same people will sacrifice their morals in an instant for the smallest or briefest bit of electronic pleasure.
Society has changed a great deal since the time of the Founding fathers. Remember, the country was populated largely by people seeking religious freedom, thus they were very religious. They then produced the leaders that are revered today

Conversely, today society is largely secular. Compare and contrast the leaders back then to what we have now because leaders come from the society in which they live. What we have now is a circus with clowns who are abjectly corrupt.

You're the one getting emotional rather than reaching logical conclusions.

I said America permitted slavery. You have spent all this time, not proving that it didn't, but try to excuse why it did. Save it for someone who gives a shit about your feelings.

Now the sudden deflection with a misleading claim,

You were schooled on the math because you didn't realize the South actually LOST political power by keeping slavery.

Back in POST 11 I asked you this question:

"Where in the constitution permitted slavery?"

Your reply was evasive,

"No. I'm referring to the Constitution. You do remember the part about it counting non free persons as 3/5s of a person for the purpose is taxation and increasing the political representation of slave owners, rather than slaves."

My partial reply at POST 15

"LOL, that is acknowledging the existence of slavery not permitting it since you didn't show they established it was about vote apportionment to get the Southern states to ratify the document."

Your idiotic reply:

"How is giving southern slave states a political handicap, determined by the number of slaves they own, not a permission of slavery? 😄

Did they fight Southern slavers to the death or did they capitulate to them in order to form a government with them?"

=====

It is clear you never honestly gave me a straight answer to my question, Slavery was already in existence long before 1788 came around there was no "permission" since it has already existed for many decades.

3/5 Compromise was all about vote apportionment not the institution of slavery itself and get the South to vote for ratification of the Constitution.

Article 1, Section 2, Clause 3 of the US Constitution outlines how representatives and taxes must be split between states. The compromise itself is the ph

“three fifths of all other Persons,”

The 3/5 clause was included to give blacks a voice in the House of Representatives, which the liberals didn't want to do. It discouraged slavery, as did the provision to start taxing the importation of slaves.

But, alas, the peculiar institution was not fully eliminated by 1861.

The clauses discouraging slavery are still in that constitution. Perhaps you've read it.

Or not.
What the fuck are you on about? The Constitution as originally written rewarded slavers, it didn't discourage it. You moron.

Fuck you and old Benjamin's morality. That original constitution permitted slavery. It doesn't get much more immoral or anti-democratic than that.
Fuck you too, asshole.

EVERY country permitted slavery, for 300 years. And before that there was indentured servitude, child labor ... and before that there were also the Egyptians. Recorded slavery starts maybe three thousand years ago

The Constitution may have worked well in discouraging the slave trade. Just not before the Emancipation Proclamation.

As usual, the Democrats just refused to abide it.

The Constitution may have worked well in discouraging the slave trade. Just not before the Emancipation Proclamation.

As usual, the Democrats just refused to abide it.
May have worked well? Where? In your fanfiction novel?

Fuck you too, asshole.

EVERY country permitted slavery, for 300 years. And before that there was indentured servitude, child labor ... and before that there were also the Egyptians. Recorded slavery starts maybe three thousand years ago
You know clowns are emotionally stunted when whataboutism is their greatest defense.... 😂

Forum List

Back