Well now that Trump is reminding what a terrible President Bush was..

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Let's not forget..

Let’s look at 50 reasons, some large and some small, why W. inspired so much anger.

1. He stole the presidency in 2000. People may forget that Republicans in Florida purged more than 50,000 African-American voters before Election Day, and then went to the Supreme Court where the GOP-appointed majority stopped a recount that would have awarded the presidency to Vice-President Al Gore if all votes were counted. National news organizations verified that outcome long after Bush had been sworn in.

2. Bush’s lies started in that race. Bush ran for office claiming he was a “uniter, not a divider.” Even though he received fewer popular votes than Gore, he quickly claimed he had the mandate from the American public to push his right-wing agenda.

3. He covered up his past. He was a party boy, the scion of a powerful political family who got away with being a deserter during the Vietnam War. He was reportedly AWOL for over a year from his assigned unit, the Texas Air National Guard, which other military outfits called the “Champagne Division.”

4. He loved the death penalty. As Texas governor from 1995-2000, he signed the most execution orders of any governor in U.S. history—152 people, including the mentally ill and women who were domestic abuse victims. He spared one man’s life, a serial killer.

5. He was a corporate shill from Day 1. Bush locked up the GOP nomination by raising more campaign money from corporate boardrooms than anyone at that time. He lunched with CEOs who would jet into Austin to “educate” him about their political wish lists.

Here are 50 despicable things George W. Bush did before and after 9/11

I don't think it is a good idea for republicans too attack Bush...They're pretty much admitting when they do that they fucked up this country. That isn't good for winning the election.

There's never been a reckoning for republicans or conservatives.

Quite the contrary, they doubled down.

Although Trump's ham fisted approach to this is laughable, it's something that should have happened a long time ago.

I think that Trump is going to be the one responsible for sending the Republicans the way of the Whigs.

When people start telling the truth (like the Donald), the lies get exposed and people feel betrayed.

Actually, I think Donald the Chump is a horrible human being and has no business being president.

However..................I do like the way he is putting the Republicans in a tizzy.

Forum List

Back