Well Done, Mr. President

You made me proud. You showed empathy and made many of us feel better. Thank you.

"One does not win by making others lose."

The speech left me with a feeling of hope, that maybe, just maybe, we can be united, instead of divided.

Yea, me too. Not only did he manage to speak for 34 minutes without me wanting to punch him, I actually warmed to him.

More than anyone else, I hope the media listened.

The speech left me with a feeling of hope, that maybe, just maybe, we can be united, instead of divided.

Did you need the President to give a speech to feel that way? Things must be worse than I realized in this world.

There is always hope. And we can always be united instead of divided. We just have to work at being the change we want to be in the world. If we stand and lift where we are, so to speak, we can do it.

Why did the Great Unifier wait two years and until six people got their heads blown off?

This is not about him.

Go troll in another thread treehugger. Your hate is exactly what I'm talking about. You're the rightwing rdean.

I thought it wasn't as good as Palins this morning. He envoked politics in it. It was a political pep rally filled with liberal students.

His finest moment, no doubt.

He nailed it, and didn't use it for any agenda other than to heal and move forward.

This was, by far, the most Presidential he has ever been.

Glad to hear that. but to be fair, that wouldnt have been difficult to accomplish to this point.
I'm sorry to have to point out that this is an attempt, whether consciously or unconsciously to diminish President Obama's speech and handling of the event. Especially considering that either you or others were predicting that he was going to be a divisive, political flop tonight.

I'm just making you aware of it...that is all.

:cool:

No, the point is Obama pissed away two years dividing people instead of making them unified.

Now he wants a do-over?

Pfft.

His finest moment, no doubt.

He nailed it, and didn't use it for any agenda other than to heal and move forward.

This was, by far, the most Presidential he has ever been.

Glad to hear that. but to be fair, that wouldnt have been difficult to accomplish to this point.
I'm sorry to have to point out that this is an attempt, whether consciously or unconsciously to diminish President Obama's speech and handling of the event. Especially considering that either you or others were predicting that he was going to be a divisive, political flop tonight.

Av didn't hear the speech. And he makes a valid point. You would congratulate him on reading his 'to do' list with eloquence.... and I mean that to be a humorous way of pointing out your bias.

I thought Obama was supposed to start uniting two years ago?
I'm curious to know...at what point were you willing to be united under Obama?

Was it on November 2 2008? Jan 2 (or whatever date it was that he got sworn in) Was it a month after? 2? Tonight? When?

No, the point is Obama pissed away two years dividing people instead of making them unified.

Now he wants a do-over?

Pfft.

Actually, I think maybe he saw as a 'wake up' call. What is bad about that? Maybe, if things change for the better... we can make something positive out of something so horrific.

Did you need the President to give a speech to feel that way? Things must be worse than I realized in this world.

There is always hope. And we can always be united instead of divided. We just have to work at being the change we want to be in the world. If we stand and lift where we are, so to speak, we can do it.

Why did the Great Unifier wait two years and until six people got their heads blown off?

This is not about him.

Go troll in another thread treehugger. Your hate is exactly what I'm talking about. You're the rightwing rdean.

Ah, the clever inside taunts...

It's a legitimate reply to someone who is hoping for unification from a President who can't and doesn't want to unify anyone.

This is not about him.

Yeah, I wondered the same thing about Bush & 3000 people boiling in jet fuel. I thought, you know Bush this was never about you.

Now he wants a do-over?

Pfft.

Actually, I think maybe he saw as a 'wake up' call. What is bad about that? Maybe, if things change for the better... we can make something positive out of something so horrific.

He had five days to slap down all of his sycophants who villified political speech made by his opponents.

And two years doing nothing but villifying his components.

This guy is no unifier.

Now he wants a do-over?

Pfft.

No, Obama could have cured cancer, rid the world of poverty and brought about world peace and you'd still hate him. He can't do anything right by you, which is why the likes of you - and your left equivalent - are becoming more irrelevent every day. It is an incident like the one in Arizona that brings people together and make normal folk like us realise how marginalised the likes of you really are...

This is not about him.

Yeah, I wondered the same thing about Bush & 3000 people boiling in jet fuel. I thought, you know Bush this was never about you.

Ah, the truthers check in.

And they call me a troll...

This is not about him.

bush gave a very good speech then,, too. presidents tend to rise to the occasion when something terrible happens.

it's all well and good He spoke good words. WHERE has he been before NOW?

Does it take these things to wake some up? *I* still don't TRUST HIM based upon his record.

*SORRY FOLKS*

I do not buy into it.

I second that. Well said. He can't reinvent himself merely on the occasion of six innocent dead people.

it's all well and good He spoke good words. WHERE has he been before NOW?

Does it take these things to wake some up? *I* still don't TRUST HIM based upon his record.

*SORRY FOLKS*

I do not buy into it.

I second that. Well said. He can't reinvent himself merely on the occasion of six innocent dead people.

Which is exactly why I wrote this. I am dubious.

This is not about him.

you can't give this guy, our President, an inch, can you? It is people like you that have hated him from the get go that have divided our country, and also, given Fox so much more power to divide even further. You and others like you are the most unpatriotic people I've ever seen, and there are A LOT like you... I guess, all dumbass neo-cons. I didn't want Bush in office (I didn't vote for him) but we all gave him a chance, and then he shocked us all, but that was later.

Forum List

Back