Well Done, Mr. President

You made me proud. You showed empathy and made many of us feel better. Thank you.
"One does not win by making others lose."
Did He actually say that?
Really?
With a straight face?

Liberalism is defined, in part, by the idea that if some people cannot keep up with the Joneses, the solution is to bring the Joneses down to them - that to improve the lives of the have nots, one only need take from the haves.

This is exactly the OPPOSITE of His quote.

You are reading FAR too much into this my friend, and looking for any way possible to hate this man. He can't say anything anymore, or do anything, without a righty, and even some lefties, stepping on his heels. RELAX!

Did you need the President to give a speech to feel that way? Things must be worse than I realized in this world.

There is always hope. And we can always be united instead of divided. We just have to work at being the change we want to be in the world. If we stand and lift where we are, so to speak, we can do it.

I'm talking about all the hate and finger pointing from the last few days, have you noticed that too?

Maybe now, people from BOTH SIDES can stop trying to play the "blame game" and move on.

Let's hope, eh?

the blame game is lame so yes let's hope.

And we see where 'HOPE' Got us. He demeans the American people wherever he goes in the world...apologizes for us....I expect him to forget this in a matter of hours and follow the line, the call of many Congresscritters that have called for MORE abridgement of Liberty though LAWS...and will eagerly sign such legislation.

You made me proud. You showed empathy and made many of us feel better. Thank you.
"One does not win by making others lose."
Did He actually say that?
Really?
With a straight face?

Liberalism is defined, in part, by the idea that if some people cannot keep up with the Joneses, the solution is to bring the Joneses down to them - that to improve the lives of the have nots, one only need take from the haves.

This is exactly the OPPOSITE of His quote.

I'm probuly one of the first that will admitt I hate obama, but there are times like this with what he did to niight we must let the hate pass for one day. What he did was needed and I hope it helped. Just let it go

I second that. Well said. He can't reinvent himself merely on the occasion of six innocent dead people.

bunch of garbage boi troll... you and your ilk are the problem. now let the grownups talk, nutter.

You are an IDIOT Jillian. Some of us aren't fuckin PARTISAN BLIND as you.

being told i'm an idiot by braindead loons like you is a badge of honor.

You -have- to be kidding. There was no end to the seething, cynical, ignorant, bigoted, partisan, anti-Bush rhetoric from the day after the 2000 election to the day present.

While I certainly agree from the time he was elected up to September 10th 2001 there was a lot of people not willing to give him a chance on the other side. But after 9/11 he had the high approval ratings in history-people wanted to rally around him...somewhere along the line he just kind of dropped the ball.
Or, more likely, people that supported him in the heat of the moment became bored with, or simply forgot about, the crisis at hand and went back to playing politics. Bush deviated little from his post 9-11 rhetoric - that is, he did pretty much exactly what he said he would do - and so if support was lost along the way, its not because -Bush- moved away from what got him that support.

A lot of what he said was the same as what he said right after 9/11 you're right-except for one tiny thing...invading Iraq. I think that's what started pushing people away from him initially, towards the middle/end of his presidency it was the economy going down the tubes-which would make ANY president increasingly less popular.

it's all well and good He spoke good words. WHERE has he been before NOW?

Does it take these things to wake some up? *I* still don't TRUST HIM based upon his record.

*SORRY FOLKS*

I do not buy into it.

I second that. Well said. He can't reinvent himself merely on the occasion of six innocent dead people.

Which is exactly why I wrote this. I am dubious.

AAAnd the loony-toon circle jerk begins.

I was going to make a point about already two people parroting far right wing talking points "where was he the last few years" and "It's not about him"...but, why bother? Seriously.

Which is exactly why I wrote this. I am dubious.

AAAnd the loony-toon circle jerk begins.

Remember, the "T" is running for President in 2012. :cuckoo:

Here, read this thread for someone that's not blinded by their hate like Revere, The T and the others on this thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...etation-of-the-presidents-tucson-address.html

I didn't want Bush in office (I didn't vote for him) but we all gave him a chance, and then he shocked us all, but that was later.
You -have- to be kidding. There was no end to the seething, cynical, ignorant, bigoted, partisan, anti-Bush rhetoric from the day after the 2000 election to the day present.

THAT IS SUCH BULLSHIT. The situation was different, the circumstances were the different, and the stakes were MUCH higher... in case you forgot about the financial crisis. Don't even compare Bush, a white conservative President, to Obama, a liberal president who came in at one of the worst points in our nations history in a number of respects, for whom the expectations were beyond reasonable.

Last edited:
it's all well and good He spoke good words. WHERE has he been before NOW?

Does it take these things to wake some up? *I* still don't TRUST HIM based upon his record.

*SORRY FOLKS*

I do not buy into it.

He hasn't reinvented himself. He did something tonight that was needed and I believe he meant it.

Just let it go for one night and say well done obama you did good.

It demonstrates just how phony the whole event was.... Actions speak louder than words.... Political smoke screens and grandstanding do not impress me much.... What the corrupt progressive politicians have done to this Republic is the biggest tragedy of all...millions have been hurt by their corrupt policies and action taken in their execution....

I didn't want Bush in office (I didn't vote for him) but we all gave him a chance, and then he shocked us all, but that was later.

THAT IS SUCH BULLSHIT. The situation is different, the circumstances are the different, and the stakes were MUCH higher... in case you forgot about the financial crisis. Don't even compare Bush, a white conservative President, to Obama, a black liberal president who came in at one of the worst points in our nations history in a number of respects.

Really?

Try the Nutters that blamed BUSH for 9/11...And by the way? WHY do you have to bring RACE into this?

*YOU ARE AN IDIOT*

THAT IS SUCH BULLSHIT. The situation is different, the circumstances are the different, and the stakes were MUCH higher... in case you forgot about the financial crisis. Don't even compare Bush, a white conservative President, to Obama, a black liberal president who came in at one of the worst points in our nations history in a number of respects.

Really?

Try the Nutters that blamed BUSH for 9/11...And by the way? WHY do you have to bring RACE into this?

*YOU ARE AN IDIOT*

Because, race matters. It's not a reality I designed, I'm just observing. Hiding that fact doesn't make it go away. Get real dude. Stop being so idealistic when it suits you.

Why is it when regular people are trying to have a decent conversation, the usual suspects must try to drag the thread down to the depths of partisan misery with them? :eusa_eh:

People we need to put the politics to one side and out of the way. We just lost 6 Americans over the weekend. Obama did what had to be done He said what needed to be said. My Brothers and sisters on the Right side Please let your ill feeling go just for one night. A night that was used to remember the ones that are gone forever. I knowif I can push the hate to the side for one night I know ya'lkl can put your feelings in the same place I put my hate. Just let it go for one night. Peace to you all.

Really?

*YOU ARE AN IDIOT*

Because, race matters. It's not a reality I designed, I'm just observing. Hiding that fact doesn't make it go away. Get real dude. Stop being so idealistic when it suits you.

You may be observing....But you made it a POINT. WHY?

It must be of some import to you for you to point it out.

Sorry. But you lose. Don't buy what your're selling.

Forum List

Back