Welfare Recipient:"Why Would Anyone Want To Work in America??"

Dave keeps saying Confiscation which means the govt is stealing. Ask him what he wants govt to do you'll find that Dave will say less confiscation...or less stealing. Dave sees taxes as stealing, yet when asked he doesnt want the govt to stop stealing...he wants them to reduce stealing.

See how important it is to use the right words. Even Dave doesnt believe its stealing because if he did, he would want it to stop. No one asks for a reduction when they are the victim of theives..

Everything Dave "stands" for is laughable.

With your false premise...

You see.. I help others.. with my own money and efforts... not by trying to get others to do it (with govt confiscation help) then claiming some moral superiority

I, and my position, would be the honorable one... you, and your position, would be the dishonorable one... but like I said.. you would know nothing of honor

You know what you raise a good point. Someone who advocates raising the taxes on the poor while lowering them on the rich while pretending that will somehow benefit the poor is certainly an honorable person. Intelligent too! :cuckoo:

Someone who calls for equality in treatment... and I never claimed it benefits the poor.. I said it is equality in treatment

It was wrong in the first place to start the unequal treatment and have more and more paying zero in income taxes while demanding to take more and more from those 'evil rich'

Tell us about your honor again.. need more laughs

Right! Who cares about the poor?? That sure is honorable of you. LOL. Keep digging that hole.

Dave keeps saying Confiscation which means the govt is stealing. Ask him what he wants govt to do you'll find that Dave will say less confiscation...or less stealing. Dave sees taxes as stealing, yet when asked he doesnt want the govt to stop stealing...he wants them to reduce stealing.

See how important it is to use the right words. Even Dave doesnt believe its stealing because if he did, he would want it to stop. No one asks for a reduction when they are the victim of theives..

Yeah.. that laughable equality in treatment.. that laughable fiscal responsibility.. that laughable constitution.. and that laughable personal accountability

You are a RIOT

Yeah.. that laughable equality in treatment.. that laughable fiscal responsibility.. that laughable constitution.. and that laughable personal accountability

You are a RIOT

The laughable part is you continue to think your version of "equal" is somehow honorable. Bhawhahahahahahah!

You know what you raise a good point. Someone who advocates raising the taxes on the poor while lowering them on the rich while pretending that will somehow benefit the poor is certainly an honorable person. Intelligent too! :cuckoo:

Someone who calls for equality in treatment... and I never claimed it benefits the poor.. I said it is equality in treatment

It was wrong in the first place to start the unequal treatment and have more and more paying zero in income taxes while demanding to take more and more from those 'evil rich'

Right! Who cares about the poor?? That sure is honorable of you. LOL. Keep digging that hole.

Who gives to charity (caring for the 'needy') and who supports actions to take from others to go thru government red tape systems to eventually have things given to them and the 'needy'??

And YOU talk about someone else digging a hole??

Priceless

you've yet to see any decent homes on welfare row?

And that bothers you?

No wonder you come across as an asshole.

Clean out your headgear flat top! Follow the money and look at all the corporate and `1% welfare being dished out. Same for you Claudedresser...........

Hey dumb fuck....corporations provide the very jobs that provide tax dollars for loser welfare slugs to be on welfare.
You sound like a moron when you when you try to compare the two.
But go ahead and keep it up.

You're not about to read books and study the issue, so carry on with your bumper sticker dime store slogans.

You are a RIOT

The laughable part is you continue to think your version of "equal" is somehow honorable. Bhawhahahahahahah!

Yeah.. .equality in treatment, not subjective 'fairness', in combination with voluntary charitable giving is the DISHONORABLE position... LMFAO

Keep going.. you comedian... I am laughing like crazy

You are a RIOT

Yeah.. .equality in treatment, not subjective 'fairness', in combination with voluntary charitable giving is the DISHONORABLE position... LMFAO

Thanks for the laugh! As always you deliver.

you've yet to see any decent homes on welfare row?

And that bothers you?

No wonder you come across as an asshole.

Clean out your headgear flat top! Follow the money and look at all the corporate and `1% welfare being dished out. Same for you Claudedresser...........

Excuse me while I stand over here and LMAO.

I have no use for any kind of welfare. Be it corporate or my hard earned tax dollars going to fill someones EBT card.

They should get rid of all tax loopholes, subsidies, tax breaks, the EIC and any and all corporate welfare. Get rid of it all.

THAT'S the spirit Claude! Knew there was something about you I liked.

c'mon man.. 1 more time.. just tell us again how demanding payment from others for the charity you want to give others is honorable... and how treating all persons equally and giving voluntarily of yourself is dishonorable...

you know you want to

Listen to this welfare recipient ask why anyone would want to work in America with all the benefits they get from not working.

Click through to Cameron Harris: Welfare Recipient: "Why Would Anyone Want To Work In America" to see the video

Yes lets cut off their welfare!!

Red States Are Welfare Queens - Business Insider

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Your you tube post is about taxes not welfare programs.
States with the highest welfare recipients
The Biggest US Welfare States

Notice that it is California that is number one.
Then Maine
Tennessee
Vermont
New Mexico
Washington
Minnesota
New York
DC
Massachusetts
Indianan
Rhodie Island
Michigan
Pennsylvania
Oregon
All Blue States

The facts remain the Blue states pay for the backward jesusland cracker rightwing controlled red states, who get more then they pay in. In any thinking persons books that spells WELFARE.:eusa_whistle:

the regions of America most hooked on Mr. Santorum’s narcotic — the regions in which government programs account for the largest share of personal income — are precisely the regions electing those severe conservatives. Wasn’t Red America supposed to be the land of traditional values, where people don’t eat Thai food and don’t rely on handouts?

The article made its case with maps showing the distribution of dependency, but you get the same story from a more formal comparison. Aaron Carroll of Indiana University tells us that in 2010, residents of the 10 states Gallup ranks as “most conservative” received 21.2 percent of their income in government transfers, while the number for the 10 most liberal states was only 17.1 percent.

Now, there’s no mystery about red-state reliance on government programs. These states are relatively poor, which means both that people have fewer sources of income other than safety-net programs and that more of them qualify for “means-tested” programs such as Medicaid.

By the way, the same logic explains why there has been a jump in dependency since 2008. Contrary to what Mr. Santorum and Mr. Romney suggest, Mr. Obama has not radically expanded the safety net. Rather, the dire state of the economy has reduced incomes and made more people eligible for benefits, especially unemployment benefits. Basically, the safety net is the same, but more people are falling into it.

But why do regions that rely on the safety net elect politicians who want to tear it down? I’ve seen three main explanations.

First, there is Thomas Frank’s thesis in his book “What’s the Matter With Kansas?”: working-class Americans are induced to vote against their own interests by the G.O.P.’s exploitation of social issues. And it’s true that, for example, Americans who regularly attend church are much more likely to vote Republican, at any given level of income, than those who don’t.

Still, as Columbia University’s Andrew Gelman points out, the really striking red-blue voting divide is among the affluent: High-income residents of red states are overwhelmingly Republican; high-income residents of blue states only mildly more Republican than their poorer neighbors. Like Mr. Frank, Mr. Gelman invokes social issues, but in the opposite direction. Affluent voters in the Northeast tend to be social liberals who would benefit from tax cuts but are repelled by things like the G.O.P.’s war on contraception.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/opinion/krugman-moochers-against-welfare.html?_r=0

Last edited by a moderator:
One word: TANF.

TANF was an emergency measured included in the 2009 stimulus bill. Key word: emergency.

This was intended to be a temporary increase of welfare money given to the states to see them through the EMERGENCY.

I knew damn well at the time that once the emergency was passed, there would be great whining and gnashing of teeth over the prospect of returning to the levels arrived at with great difficulty during the welfare reform of the 80s and 90s.

There is nothing more collectivist and totalitarian than the idea an emergency measure should be made permanent.

hating poor people will not win you any elections

Coddling the poor with entitlements and promises that (one day soon) you wont be able to keep, wont keep you winning elections either.

Yeah it will as long as you have a surrogate media who won't challenge the system and you have career politicians who are more interested in increasing their power, prestige, influence, and personal wealth than they are in doing anything that is actually good for the country. It has been working for them for many decades now.

Nobody gets elected by promoting real immigration reform or real means to reduce welfare or by offering real solutions for entitlement reform or anything else that suggests that ANY kind of government benefit might be reduced or taken away.

Romney was hammered for mentioning that 47% but he was absolutely correct in his comment. Some in that 47% might talk a good line about hard work, traditional values, conservative virtues, etc., but they won't vote to reduce any government benefit they get by a single penny. So add the hard core Marxist liberals to that 47% and you have a solid majority to keep yourself in office as long as you want to be there just so long as you promise to keep the gravy train rolling.

And we have ever increasing demographics of generations of kids growing up seeing a parent get a nice government check every month and seeing that you can have some good stuff as your right just for being in the country. And they grow up thinking that is their right to have. Kids should be growing up seeing their parents haul themselves out of bed, getting cleaned up, and going to work for that paycheck.

Which is the #1 reason no able bodied person should receive a government welfare check without working for it doing community service or whatever they are given to do in return for that money. Make that the national policy, and you'll see a whole lot less welfare.

I suggest you read the definition of confiscation:

Confiscation | Define Confiscation at Dictionary.com

c'mon man.. 1 more time.. just tell us again how demanding payment from others for the charity you want to give others is honorable... and how treating all persons equally and giving voluntarily of yourself is dishonorable...

you know you want to

"Demanding payment". LOL. You do pay taxes, don't you? I am voicing my opinion of where I would like to see OUR tax dollars go. I want it to go to help people who are truly in need, you don't. Simple as that.

And your version of "treating people equally" is in fact not equal. I've proven this to you before countless times in numerous threads. You're obviously too closed minded to be able to grasp the concept so I'll let you continue to live in ignorant bliss.

There are legit things government is charged to do.. and to run those things costs money.... and if each person pays the same rate on every dollar earned without exception, exemption, loophole, deduction, etc it is equality in treatment to pay for those services... when you play Robin Hood and believe that taking or confiscating more thru taxation in a wealth redistribution scheme (what entitlement programs are by definition), it is stealing from one to Robin Hood to the other

You cant explain away you stupidity Dave...no matter how many words you use

Listen to this welfare recipient ask why anyone would want to work in America with all the benefits they get from not working.

Click through to Cameron Harris: Welfare Recipient: "Why Would Anyone Want To Work In America" to see the video
Gawd almighty, are you folks FOOLED so easily!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luo40WjBKWI&feature=player_embedded"]Chapter - It's Free Swipe Yo EBT (Clean) - YouTube[/ame]

the whole video segment is an ACT, A HOAX......it's the SAME ACTRESS doing ALL of these videos....

And there STILL is a work requirement to receive welfare, IT WAS NOT ELIMINATED by the Obama administration as claimed by the far right wingers....that's simply a LIE.

In addition to this, you can NOT receive money for daycare if on Welfare, UNLESS you are working or in a training program or in school to learn a trade....daycare for your kids as this ACTRESS CLAIMED can not happen and does not happen, UNLESS working or the other things mentioned above....

seriously, you guys need Mental HELP....to get you off of this WELFARE ENVY TRIP that you are on!

There are legit things government is charged to do.. and to run those things costs money.... and if each person pays the same rate on every dollar earned without exception, exemption, loophole, deduction, etc it is equality in treatment to pay for those services... when you play Robin Hood and believe that taking or confiscating more thru taxation in a wealth redistribution scheme (what entitlement programs are by definition), it is stealing from one to Robin Hood to the other

You cant explain away you stupidity Dave...no matter how many words you use

Uh huh...

otherwise stated as.. you have nothing

One does not have to believe the government needs to care for the poor in order to truly care for the poor.

I hate that government takes from me to give to the poor.

Yet I still feel the need, from a humanity standpoint, to help my fellow man.

I have twice risked my life to save the life of a stranger.
I have worked at local halls on Thanksgiving (with my wife and 2 boys), dishing out food that I purchased for the homeless.
I worked in the pit for 3 days right after the buildings collapsed.

Yet I am appauled that government feels it needs to take from me to give to others out of concern that I wont do it myself.

And the real irony?

People like you give Obama credit for caring for the poor...and villify the evil rich that he takes from to GIVE to the poor.

One does not have to believe the government needs to care for the poor in order to truly care for the poor.

I hate that government takes from me to give to the poor.

Yet I still feel the need, from a humanity standpoint, to help my fellow man.

I have twice risked my life to save the life of a stranger.
I have worked at local halls on Thanksgiving (with my wife and 2 boys), dishing out food that I purchased for the homeless.
I worked in the pit for 3 days right after the buildings collapsed.

Yet I am appauled that government feels it needs to take from me to give to others out of concern that I wont do it myself.

And the real irony?

People like you give Obama credit for caring for the poor...and villify the evil rich that he takes from to GIVE to the poor.

Yeah, I started 4 threads last week praising Obama for taking care of the poor. Solid insight.

Forum List

Back