Voting For Mark Sanford

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. "Former Governor Advances in South Carolina Race

2. The first chapter in a wild race to fill a Congressional seat in South Carolina was written Tuesday when former Gov. Mark Sanford staged something of a comeback in a Republican field crowded with 16 candidates,....

3. ....Mr. Sanford, 52, the former governor who turned the special election into a stage for his political comeback after his fictitious walk along the Appalachian Trail led to a divorce, ethics charges and censure.

4. Mr. Sanford, who left the governorship in 2011 and had spent the time since regrouping after a divorce and his painful last year in office, said in an interview that he viewed the timing as something of a miracle that came just as he was contemplating his next move.

5. His strategy, in ads and interviews, had been to first ask for forgiveness for leaving his office unattended for six days as he pursued a woman in Argentina who is now his fiancée. He lied about it, saying he was hiking the Appalachian Trail. Although he finished his term, he faced ethics fines, censure by his party and a divorce from his wife of 21 years, Jenny."
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/20/us/politics/south-carolina-congress-primary.html?_r=0

I vote for Governor Sanford under the following two condition:

1. His ex-wife, Jenny, endorses him.

2. His opponent in the race is a serial killer who tortures puppies.

the right re elected David Vitter so I guess you guys are confused about what morals you support

You have to look at how the culture is changing so what Sanford did, just isn't that bad. It used to be bad. Cheating on one's wife was an indication of a lack of character. That's not true anymore. It's minor. It's a matter of what goes on between a husband and wife. Has Tiger Woods suffered because he cheated on his wife? More spectacularly too. Bill Clinton cheated on his wife. This is the era of "everbody does it". Democrats just don't like it when republicans start thinking like democrats.

Clinton may have not cheated on his wife.

What if they had an open policy on their marriage?

Either way Clinton stayed married to his wife huh

Clinton may have not cheated on his wife.

What if they had an open policy on their marriage?

Either way Clinton stayed married to his wife huh

The Clintons keep each other's secrets. The real basis for a lasting political marriage. After all, if Hillary had divorced Bill she would not have become senator, would not have run for president, which is why she got appointed secretary of state. Without Bill to campaign for her, Hillary would be just another wronged wife, huffing along on her own.

This is the reality of a political marriage in which both side want power.

the right re elected David Vitter so I guess you guys are confused about what morals you support
The Left re-elected Marion Barry (America's first Crack Smoking Mayor!) so I guess you guys are confused about what morals you support.

"Da Bitch set me up!"

-Marion Barry

If Mark Sanford is the best the SC GOP can do, that says a lot about the complete lack of principles from which they suffer.

The Right re-elected George Bush, a war criminal whose actions were responsible for the deaths of more innocent people than Osama Bin Laden,

so with conservatism's moral bar lowered to absolute zero, what's a Mark Sanford rehabilitation amount to?

But you're not morally conflicted....you voted for the rapist twice?

lying wont clear your moral confusion

I never lie.

Are you saying that you didn't vote for him twice???

...this dog:

Clinton Misogyny - Sex
Juanita Broaddrick (AR)- rape
Eileen Wellstone (Oxford) - rape
Elizabeth Ward Gracen - rape - quid pro quo, post incident intimidation
Regina Hopper Blakely - "forced himself on her, biting, bruising her"
Kathleen Willey (WH) - sexual assault, intimidations, threats
Sandra Allen James (DC) - sexual assault
22 Year Old 1972 (Yale) - sexual assault
Kathy Bradshaw (AK) - sexual assault
Cristy Zercher - unwelcomed sexual advance, intimidations
Paula Jones (AR) - unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
Carolyn Moffet -unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
1974 student at University of Arkansas - unwelcomed physical contact
1978-1980 - seven complaints per Arkansas state troopers
Monica Lewinsky - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Gennifer Flowers - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Dolly Kyle Browning - post incident character assault
Sally Perdue - post incident threats
Betty Dalton - rebuffed his advances, married to one of his supporters
Denise Reeder - apologetic note scanned
CLINTON'S ROGUES GALLERY:

So.....how many times did you vote for the rapist?

But you're not morally conflicted....you voted for the rapist twice?

lying wont clear your moral confusion

I never lie.

Are you saying that you didn't vote for him twice???

...this dog:

Clinton Misogyny - Sex
Juanita Broaddrick (AR)- rape
Eileen Wellstone (Oxford) - rape
Elizabeth Ward Gracen - rape - quid pro quo, post incident intimidation
Regina Hopper Blakely - "forced himself on her, biting, bruising her"
Kathleen Willey (WH) - sexual assault, intimidations, threats
Sandra Allen James (DC) - sexual assault
22 Year Old 1972 (Yale) - sexual assault
Kathy Bradshaw (AK) - sexual assault
Cristy Zercher - unwelcomed sexual advance, intimidations
Paula Jones (AR) - unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
Carolyn Moffet -unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
1974 student at University of Arkansas - unwelcomed physical contact
1978-1980 - seven complaints per Arkansas state troopers
Monica Lewinsky - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Gennifer Flowers - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Dolly Kyle Browning - post incident character assault
Sally Perdue - post incident threats
Betty Dalton - rebuffed his advances, married to one of his supporters
Denise Reeder - apologetic note scanned
CLINTON'S ROGUES GALLERY:

So.....how many times did you vote for the rapist?

I have to admit, I'm quite surprised you would declare George Bush a war criminal.

That's very 'bi-partisan' of you. I doubt many of your conservative friends agree however.

show his conviction of any claimed crime of rape.

Lying will not will not clear your moral confusion.

BTW slander is very unchristian

"What happens to Rapists When They are Caught and Prosecuted?
54% of rapes/sexual assaults are not reported to the police, according to a statistical average of the past 5 years. Those rapists, of course, never spend a day in prison. Factoring in unreported rapes, only about 3% of rapists ever serve a day in jail."
Reporting Rates | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

I'm gonna guess that the prosecution and conviction rates approach zero when you're a powerful politician.....

...ya' think?

So....how many times did you vote for the rapist?

54% of rapes/sexual assaults are not reported to the police, according to a statistical average of the past 5 years. Those rapists, of course, never spend a day in prison. Factoring in unreported rapes, only about 3% of rapists ever serve a day in jail."

I'm gonna guess that the prosecution and conviction rates approach zero when you're a powerful politician.....

...ya' think?

I've changed my mind. I really think you should go back to just posting other people's opinions.

...ya' think?

I've changed my mind. I really think you should go back to just posting other people's opinions.

You can't change something you don't possess.

And, I've never posted any opinions but my own.

Forum List

Back