Weirdworld #5 (October 2015 - Marvel Comics)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Writer Jason Aaron and artist Mike Del Mundo have given us a special comic book treat in their Weirdworld (Marvel Comics) series, and Weirdworld #5 presents the story of a fateful climactic battle for Weirdworld in which our protagonist Arkon must tackle the armies of Morgan le Fay to protect his home of 'Polemachus.'

The cover is nifty and gory, and the inner-contents are large-scaled and very unusual and rather colorful (combining old world Medieval caricatures with new age gothic zombie-noir). The image orientations are also in some cases oddly-set, offering offbeat and interesting landscape scenario experiences not unlike the 'cinematic feeling' we get from Leo DiCaprio's fantasy-sci-fi film Inception.

I'm reviewing this nifty issue, since I found it in the #1 bin at the comic book store Adventureland at the Echelon Mall in Voorhees, New Jersey while visiting my parents there and wanted to post pictures and synopses, especially since comics are all the rage in Hollywood now!

Since Ben Affleck has taken a liking to comics, I wouldn't be surprised and very thrilled indeed if Affleck and his buddy Matt Damon took on a Weirdworld film-adaptation project (especially since Damon has already done work on a 'strangeworld' film --- an adaptation of the Brothers Grimm). Weirdworld seems right up their alley (IMO)...

Weirdworld #5 has Arkon dealing with a post-apocalyptic 'battleworld' in which the multiverse has been destroyed, requiring him to deal with the cunning Baroness of Weirdworld (Morgan le Fay) and discovering that his home of Polemachus is under attack (right under his feet --- literally!).

{interpretation dialogue}
====

ARKON: This place is deranged, but peace should prevail by the hand of the warriors...
MORGAN: Taste my dragon-breath.
ARKON: I'm not one of your minions, 'Baroness.'
MORGAN: You make me ill!
ARKON: You will not turn Polemachus into a 'spore-purgatory.'
MORGAN: Snakes and verbs may hurt my mind, but sweat never touches me...
ARKON: Don't belittle the honor of effort.
MORGAN: This universe is mine!
ARKON: I am a new 'breed' of barbarian-warrior, Morgan.
MORGAN: You smell like snake-slime, Arkon.
ARKON: "Love you or conquer you"...is that it?
MORGAN: Not for you!
ARKON: Very absurd. I will prevail and Polemachus deserves to endure.
MORGAN: Disgusting wanderer...

====

Weirdworld #5 Link (Marvel.com)

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

Sorry about a typ-o, I found this comic not in the #1 bin at Adventureland but in the $1 bin!

Excuses, excuses...

Forum List

Back