Weird stuff from Japanese TV

Sep 12, 2008
I like lots of Oriental drama. Get a number and call me weird.

One of the ones I have been watching lately is called "Marmalade Boy." It is not recommended for the faint of stomach, as Japanese relationship dramas can get pretty squicky sometimes. Anyway, it is a romance in this show takes place in Hiroshima. It is odd viewing the place, full of people doing all kinds of normal things, and to think "That happened here, and people just live their lives as if it were all cool." They do stuff like play baseball and tennis and have affairs and on and on.

The parks are full of trees, the girls are cute, there are ships in the harbor and guys delivering ramen on their bikes. It is a bit of extra reality that just sort of seems unreal.

Now what might disturb folks is I think Truman did the right thing. After what happened on Iwo Jima and Okinawa and Saipan, I think he made the best possible bad choice. But it is odd to see the place 60 years on.

I like lots of Oriental drama. Get a number and call me weird.

One of the ones I have been watching lately is called "Marmalade Boy." It is not recommended for the faint of stomach, as Japanese relationship dramas can get pretty squicky sometimes. Anyway, it is a romance in this show takes place in Hiroshima. It is odd viewing the place, full of people doing all kinds of normal things, and to think "That happened here, and people just live their lives as if it were all cool." They do stuff like play baseball and tennis and have affairs and on and on.

The parks are full of trees, the girls are cute, there are ships in the harbor and guys delivering ramen on their bikes. It is a bit of extra reality that just sort of seems unreal.

Now what might disturb folks is I think Truman did the right thing. After what happened on Iwo Jima and Okinawa and Saipan, I think he made the best possible bad choice. But it is odd to see the place 60 years on.

I completely agree. All too often in a war, that is all there is, the least worst choice.

Forum List

Back