Want evidence of Warming?

k2skier

Feb 20, 2009
Look at NW Glaciers...even with a record snow year in 2007-2008...

by Eric Mortenson, The Oregonian
Thursday August 06, 2009, 6:30 PM
Scientists believe retreating glaciers are the clearest expression of climate change, and 50 years of research in Alaska and in Washington's northern Cascades shows glaciers have not only shrunken but are losing mass at an increasingly fast pace.

The findings by the U.S. Geological Survey could mean bad news for mountain streams, endangered fish and hydro-electric utilities, said Edward Josberger, a researcher at the USGS Water Science Center in Tacoma.

Long-term study details glaciers shrinking in Washington and Alaska – OregonLive.com

USGS Fact Sheet 2009–3046: Fifty-Year Record of Glacier Change Reveals Shifting Climate in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska, USA

Do "Climate change" and "Global Warming" mean the same thing?

OK, for entertainment reasons I'll bite; what you want to hear is how the right is spewing that it's spun from warming to change, in reality when temperatures increase in any given area on our planet it effects the weather patterns, so when one factor in the weather engine changes, (warming temps) the weather (climate) changes also. It's basic meteorology 101, not a spin.

Last edited:

So what? Over the course of the Earth's existance I am sure the same thing has happened. Hot then cold. Hot then cold. Hot then cold. For example, the glaciers. What's so unusual about this "warming" thing you're chirping about. Contact me in say, 200 years, and let me know if it was really significant. Until then, maybe there's something better to watch on tv than all of this environmental climate change horseshit. Try to get a grip. The Earth is always in a constant change. Is that so hard to understand? What part of constantly evolving don't you understand?

Scientists believe retreating glaciers are the clearest expression of climate change, and 50 years of research in Alaska and in Washington's northern Cascades shows glaciers have not only shrunken but are losing mass at an increasingly fast pace.

The last time the glaciers retreated, it caused a cataclysmic flood that devastated major portions of the earth. That was about 6000 years ago. I don't know about you, but I'm going to start building an Ark.

So what? Over the course of the Earth's existance I am sure the same thing has happened. Hot then cold. Hot then cold. Hot then cold. For example, the glaciers. What's so unusual about this "warming" thing you're chirping about. Contact me in say, 200 years, and let me know if it was really significant. Until then, maybe there's something better to watch on tv than all of this environmental climate change horseshit. Try to get a grip. The Earth is always in a constant change. Is that so hard to understand? What part of constantly evolving don't you understand?

You are correct, the dynamic weather on this planet constantly changes, but what you partisan hacks don't get is how quickly we have warmed, only a cataclysmic natural disaster has caused this rapid increase before. The only horseshit is the manure that the right wing nutbags are feeding you.

Global warming Facts - Antarctica

Global warming is the warming up of the planet above the temperature it "should" be. It is such a concern at the moment as it seems that the temperature is rising at a rate far faster than ever before and it is thought that it may be the activities of the human population over the last 150 years or so that is doing it.
Mean temperatures over the whole planet have risen by about 0.74° C (1.33° F) in the last 100 years. More than half of this increase has happened in the last 25 years. The temperature records used to calculate this are extensive, they have been assembled from thousands of observation sites on land and sea covering a large, representative portion of the Earth's surface. Checks and allowances have been made for any bias that may have arisen from the weather stations or instrument changes.

This is a worry because while the planet can cope with changes in temperature which are known to have happened over periods of tens and hundreds of thousands of years in the past and certainly over millions of years.

The last time the glaciers retreated, it caused a cataclysmic flood that devastated major portions of the earth. That was about 6000 years ago. I don't know about you, but I'm going to start building an Ark.

No, not 6000 years ago, try about 13,000 to 10,000 years ago.

OK, for entertainment reasons I'll bite; what you want to hear is how the right is spewing that it's spun from warming to change, in reality when temperatures increase in any given area on our planet it effects the weather patterns, so when one factor in the weather engine changes, (warming temps) the weather (climate) changes also. It's basic meteorology 101, not a spin.

So, it gets warmer and cooler so maybe the right name is either: GlobalWarmerCoolering or GlobalCoolerWarmering?

I like "The Great Climatic Googly Moogly" best, it covers everything

Dog, why don't you do a little research on that subject? Or are you afraid to read something that might change your mind? Here is a book by a then post grad student in Paleontology, now a Phd.

Methane catastrophe

So, it gets warmer and cooler so maybe the right name is either: GlobalWarmerCoolering or GlobalCoolerWarmering?

I like "The Great Climatic Googly Moogly" best, it covers everything

OK, you ignorant asshole. What do you have in the way of science to back your postition? Anything at all? How about posting what you have.

NOAA Paleoclimatology Program - Perspective on Global Warming

Dog, why don't you do a little research on that subject? Or are you afraid to read something that might change your mind? Here is a book by a then post grad student in Paleontology, now a Phd.

Methane catastrophe

That can only mean that we need to drill out the methane and combust it before it kills us all!

Methane catastrophe

That can only mean that we need to drill out the methane and combust it before it kills us all!

That might not be a bad idea!

Methane catastrophe

Bad idea! The clathrates are not stable, and the burning of the CH4 creates more CO2. Watch the Arctic Ocean this fall. We will see what the Russian and British scientists find when the once more check over the areas that were outgassing in 2008. They, the Russians, have been checking these areas since 1992, and the outgassing was unprecidented.

Bad idea! The clathrates are not stable, and the burning of the CH4 creates more CO2. Watch the Arctic Ocean this fall. We will see what the Russian and British scientists find when the once more check over the areas that were outgassing in 2008. They, the Russians, have been checking these areas since 1992, and the outgassing was unprecidented.

If the arctic methane goes off, we are screwed.

so go stick your head up a cow's ass and do your part to stop it.

so go stick your head up a cow's ass and do your part to stop it.

People who engage in personal attacks should be banned from the board.

Forum List

Back