weed

briand420

Rookie
Jun 8, 2008
marijuana was found 2000 bc. it was smoked by nepolian and was brought through europe and to the us. our first three presidents smoked weed. we made weed illegal in the early 20th centry. the paper given to the supream court said that mexicans were smoking it. that was put on the top reason for illegalizing it. marijuana helps pain helps hunger and proved to fight off canser cells. it does microscopic harm to the body. i know most people heard coke is more harmful then coke is to the body,excluding stupid things done under influence. why is marijuana illegal again?!?!?!

Marijuana is illegal because of this....
marijuana was found 2000 bc. it was smoked by nepolian and was brought through europe and to the us. our first three presidents smoked weed. we made weed illegal in the early 20th centry. the paper given to the supream court said that mexicans were smoking it. that was put on the top reason for illegalizing it. marijuana helps pain helps hunger and proved to fight off canser cells. it does microscopic harm to the body. i know most people heard coke is more harmful then coke is to the body,excluding stupid things done under influence. why is marijuana illegal again?!?!?!

My best guess is you smoked your way through school.

You suppose you could pay a little better attention to which forum you're posting threads in?

Politics is where this should be posted since marijuana was made illegal through politics.

There have been no repuatble studies that declare marijuana is any more harmful than cigs or alcohol or that it is a "gateway drug"

There have been, however, many studies declaring the usefulness of marijuana for medicinal purposes.

I have been through numerous surgeries and have been perscribed every narcotic available and I can tell you from experience and research and through discussions with my doctors that narcotics such as Oxycottin are way more harmful and addictive than marijuana could ever be.

The issue of marijuana is DEFINATELY a political topic, not neccessarly a legal issue.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But before you make up your mind do some research on your own. Gaining knowledge is the only way for society to grow and prosper.

Brian

Politics is where this should be posted since marijuana was made illegal through politics.

There have been no repuatble studies that declare marijuana is any more harmful than cigs or alcohol or that it is a "gateway drug"

There have been, however, many studies declaring the usefulness of marijuana for medicinal purposes.

I have been through numerous surgeries and have been perscribed every narcotic available and I can tell you from experience and research and through discussions with my doctors that narcotics such as Oxycottin are way more harmful and addictive than marijuana could ever be.

The issue of marijuana is DEFINATELY a political topic, not neccessarly a legal issue.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But before you make up your mind do some research on your own. Gaining knowledge is the only way for society to grow and prosper.

Brian

There are far too many people who love the feeling of secretly breaking the law and sticking it to the MAN. Legalizing it would ruin all their fun.

Brian

Well, first off...breathing pure smoke (whatever kind) is not good for your lungs no matter which way you look at it. Whether your for or against marijuana, inhaling smoke is bad for you.

Second,
"Despite the controversy, statistics continue to support the theory – whether the phenomenon is caused purely by exposure to the substance, environmental factors, or a combination, it does not seem to matter. According to CASA (National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse), a 12-17 year old who drank alcohol and smoked cigarettes even once in the past month is 30 times more likely to use marijuana than one who did not; a child the same age who has used all three drugs in the past months is 17 times more likely to use another harder drug (such as cocaine or heroin). These statistics apply to children who do not already display problem behaviors."

Gateway Drugs: Looking at the Definition, Theories, Controversy, and Statistics

Third,

Keep in mind that it is just a theory and has never been 100% proven. But, studies show that those who start legal or illegal drugs are more likely to move on to other drugs than those who have not done anything. That sounds pretty "gateway" to me. Now, I will not argue that Marijuana is the single gateway drug, I do believe that it is in hierchial order. Drinking and Smoking makes you more at risk for trying marijuana. If you become a marijuana addict, your risk for trying cocaine or heroine increases. They are all gateway drugs, but Marijuana may be pegged because its one of the first illegal drugs on the hierarchy and often times leads to "more illegal" drugs on the hierarchial scale.

I hope it ruins it for them. If their only reason for smoking is because its illegal then they need to put down the joint and go to therapy.

Last edited:
I said marijuana was NO more harmful than cigs and alcohol.

As for the second I have one word: "parents"

I said marijuana was NO more harmful than cigs and alcohol.

As for the second I have one word: "parents"

I never said it was more harmful, nor did I say that you were wrong.

What I did say was that all of them are "gateway drugs" compared to someone who has never done any of them....Studies do show this. Did you read the links?

As for your second statement. I agree 100%. But as long as you're getting Medical Marijuana legally, why are you complaining?

Brian

Dude, shut up. I've probably lost more weed in the cracks of my car seat than you've ever smoked. Save the lecture.

The legalization of marijuana is ... hold on to your chair for THIS one ... a LEGAL issue.

It could even be considered a health and lifestyle issue based on your comments.

WHY it was made illegal is irrelevant to the fact that it IS illegal.

I just asked if you'd pay closer attention to where you post threads. It would be most greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gunny

btw ... if you look about halfway down the page in this subforum you will find two threads in this very issue. That's if you want to get a feel for the beliefs of the audience you are attempting to attract.

i undeerstand what your saying but the legalization of marijuana is a law and system issue. whatever your beliefs are. my belief is that it is an on goingf current event thus why i put it in this colom because there have been many cases regarding the legalization of marijuana. dating back to calven's administration when marijuana was first realized was being smoked by mexican workers.

In the 1920's alcohol was banned and made illegal by an amendment, which was overturned by another amendment. The many laws regarding women and the civil rights were changed due to society progression. So just because it is illegal now doesn't mean we should stop talking about it.

I have been perscribed medical marijuana for over 6 years. Spinal injuries and nerve damage is very hard to live with. And I'm not complaining, but the medical professionals that have treated me whole hartedly believe that marijuana is an issue that still needs to be discussed. Not pushed under the rug.
And unlike any other drug currently availble, there have been no reported cases where marijuana overdose was the cause of death. Interesting huh?

If marijuana was legalized, it would be a great source of income for the government by way of taxes, like the taxes on cigs.

I believe this is a very interesting topic with so many different aspects to be analysed that discussions should be active.

Last edited:
i undeerstand what your saying but the legalization of marijuana is a law and system issue. whatever your beliefs are. my belief is that it is an on goingf current event thus why i put it in this colom because there have been many cases regarding the legalization of marijuana. dating back to calven's administration when marijuana was first realized was being smoked by mexican workers.

In the 1920's alcohol was banned and made illegal by an amendment, which was overturned by another amendment. The many laws regarding women and the civil rights were changed due to society progression. So just because it is illegal now doesn't mean we should stop talking about it.

I have been perscribed medical marijuana for over 6 years. Spinal injuries and nerve damage is very hard to live with. And I'm not complaining, but the medical professionals that have treated me whole hartedly believe that marijuana is an issue that still needs to be discussed. Not pushed under the rug.
And unlike any other drug currently availble, there have been no reported cases where marijuana overdose was the cause of death. Interesting huh?

If marijuana was legalized, it would be a great source of income for the government by way of taxes, like the taxes on cigs.

I believe this is a very interesting topic with so many different aspects to be analysed that discussions should be active.

It really isn't a current even except for the few hangers-ons to a cause that died out with Jimmy Carter. IIRC, that was BIG selling point to voting for him -- he was going to legalize pot.

It really isn't a political debate either. It usually boils down to morals and who wants to force theirs on others.

As I said, read the other threads. You aren't making any new points here. Not that I'm saying they aren't worthy of discussion, just that people here either already agree with you, or don't.

There are far too many people who love the feeling of secretly breaking the law and sticking it to the MAN. Legalizing it would ruin all their fun.

GOOD.

removing the hype enough to see the hippies and cheech and chong movies as nothing more profound than a social reaction to the illogical criminalization of pot would go a long way in validating what we all already know about it; that it makes no sense to throw pot in with the same group of drugs as heroin. Hell, do we do the same with midol even though they are ALL drugs? no, of course not. De-mystifying the culture works for me.

GOOD.

removing the hype enough to see the hippies and cheech and chong movies as nothing more profound than a social reaction to the illogical criminalization of pot would go a long way in validating what we all already know about it; that it makes no sense to throw pot in with the same group of drugs as heroin. Hell, do we do the same with midol even though they are ALL drugs? no, of course not. De-mystifying the culture works for me.

There's no "de-mystification" going to happen. Those who are determined to believe it is on par with heroin are going to continue to do so. They have been presented with facts to the contrary for decades.

The height of personal freedom during our lifetimes peaked in the 70s. This nation has been on a slow roll down fascism hill ever since. It isn't specifically the left or the right either. It is the elites that hold the power, and jealously guard any trespass against their weilding it.

Marijuana is ILLEGAL?

Man, I'd better put down the pipe once in a while and start paying attention to current events.

Have the impeached NiXXon, yet?

He's a crook, ya' know.

Is this what regular pot consumption does to a person's ability to spell and reason?

Just say no, kiddo!

Forum List

Back