We Tried To Warn You, Libs...

It's a lame parlor trick that is cynically done by carnival barkers to amuse the most brain dead members of their audience.

OH would that be anything like HOPE and CHANGE theme that obama tryed to brainwash people with?

is that intended as a response.

there was hope for change.

and there was change.... the repubs are out of power.

should there be more change? yep... he should be telling the rightwingnuts where to stick it... get out of iraq and afghanistan and close gitmo.

and he should be appointing true liberal justices to the supreme court instead of the compromise candidates he's handed to the rightwingnuts. if y'all are going to whine and suffer from ODS no matter what, then he really should just ignore you all.

:thup:

excuse me? you are blaming the right wing for gitmo not being closed? You are blaming the right wing for not being out of Iraq? Who has been in charge of the government since Jan 21 2009?

Again Excuse me appoint more liberal judges? We need more liberal judges like we need another stalin. Judges should judge by the law nothing more and nothing less. What do you know about Kagan?

No. You advised us not to vote for the better of the two contending teams. Not great, but still better.

And the decidedly worst contending team won.

Too bad you didn't heed the proper advice.

the better of the two contending teams was elected. any team with palin on it had to be automatically disqualified.

the rabid religious right shouldn't have fussed about romney. he'd have been a better candidate.

Maybe if we would have had someone with excutive exprince in the white house we wouldn't be in this mess.
Palin was a mayor and Governor, both require the person in charge to be an excutive. But alas Palin wasn't running to be President was she.

What executive experience did McCain have?

No. You advised us not to vote for the better of the two contending teams. Not great, but still better.

And the decidedly worst contending team won.

Too bad you didn't heed the proper advice.

the better of the two contending teams was elected. any team with palin on it had to be automatically disqualified.

the rabid religious right shouldn't have fussed about romney. he'd have been a better candidate.

Maybe if we would have had someone with excutive exprince in the white house we wouldn't be in this mess.
Palin was a mayor and Governor, both require the person in charge to be an excutive. But alas Palin wasn't running to be President was she.

sawwah had to be good enough to be president b/c she was running with a 71 year old guy who had cancer 5 times and is in pretty poor health. both of the losers looked like doddering fools when the economy crashed.

and frankly, i don't care what jobs palin the quitter had, she was and is even more ignorant than baby busy.

i'd cut off my own arm before i'd vote for someone who thinks there are 'pro america parts of the country', thinks the world should blow up in an armageddon and doesn't believe in reproductive choice even in the face of rape or incest.

pick better candidates... not incompetent loons. i would have voted for mccain in 2000 (before he kissed the butts of the rightwing loons) and might have voted for a ticket with romney on it.

Let me summarize Mort Zuckerman's thesis here:

Obama is a failure because he isn't a big enough neocon Israel ass kisser.

I think that probably does sum it up. Zuckerman is somewhat liberal but extremely hawkish on Israel.

Zuckerman is one of the most prominent pro-Israel partisans in the U.S. Of course he's going to bitch at any president that does anything less than have the US function as an Israeli satellite.

Last edited:
OH would that be anything like HOPE and CHANGE theme that obama tryed to brainwash people with?

No. Obama is a politician. Politicians run on platforms and slogans. Remember "America First" or whatever McCain's banal slogan was?

Hannity is an entertainer. He makes money off of being a carnival barker and tricking his gullable audience members.

:eusa_boohoo::rofl:

I think you misunderstand me. I don't care that Hannity is a carnival barker and makes a lot of money fooling his gullable audience. In fact, I think it's a pretty astute way to make money in this country. Make a shit-ton of dough being a cake boy for the GOP without ever actually having to make a decision that can be criticized yourself.

I am just pointing out the difference between that and Obama (or any politician for that matter).

is that intended as a response.

there was hope for change.

and there was change.... the repubs are out of power.

should there be more change? yep... he should be telling the rightwingnuts where to stick it... get out of iraq and afghanistan and close gitmo.

and he should be appointing true liberal justices to the supreme court instead of the compromise candidates he's handed to the rightwingnuts. if y'all are going to whine and suffer from ODS no matter what, then he really should just ignore you all.

:thup:

excuse me? you are blaming the right wing for gitmo not being closed? You are blaming the right wing for not being out of Iraq? Who has been in charge of the government since Jan 21 2009?

Again Excuse me appoint more liberal judges? We need more liberal judges like we need another stalin. Judges should judge by the law nothing more and nothing less. What do you know about Kagan?

Yep. Odd that Obama has continued to blame Bush...[as do most of the kool-aid preveyors here]...and Obama has contined the Folly...and multiplying it three-fold and counting...and failing.

You just cannot get any funnier [and sad] than this. It's right in front of them...but they continue to be blind.

The way Obama and the US is viewed in other nations is not my measure of how successful he is as president. However, it does matter and for that data, I look here:

Nation & World | Global poll shows Muslims leery of US and Obama | Seattle Times Newspaper

If you bother to read the article, you will see that while Muslim nations view the US somewhat less favorably, the rest of Planet Earth has not changed its opinion much in a year. What data was Zuckerman looking at?

Good point. I thought the conservatives were unconcerned with what other nations thought of us?

What happened to that good old "We'll just go it alone!" conservative battlecry?

Exactly! NOW they're hanging on every word the FRENCH say???

How about since the French midget Sarkozy criticized Obama, we ressurrect the freedom fries?? eh?

Conservatives. The comedy act that never ends.

funny... i saw a poll yesterday which said president obama is far ahead of bush in the way he's viewed in other countries.

i wish the pathological liars would get a grip

buncha sore-losers. :cuckoo:

The internet is a fascinating look into the psyche of humankind; reading the OP gives pause to wonder on the motivation of those who express hate for the current president, it is personal, viseral and unrelenting. Attacks on President Obama are vicious and void of logos and ethos, filled with pathos and posted by those who suffer from the damage done to their beliefs by a democratic election. Such an outcome may cause them to feel personally rejected, intense psychological pain and a loss of power.
So, it appears the pathology goes far beyond the constant lies and failure to see their own hypocrisy - it is emoitonal not rational and invulnerable to facts and honest debate.

The way Obama and the US is viewed in other nations is not my measure of how successful he is as president. However, it does matter and for that data, I look here:

Nation & World | Global poll shows Muslims leery of US and Obama | Seattle Times Newspaper

If you bother to read the article, you will see that while Muslim nations view the US somewhat less favorably, the rest of Planet Earth has not changed its opinion much in a year. What data was Zuckerman looking at?

Good point. I thought the conservatives were unconcerned with what other nations thought of us?

What happened to that good old "We'll just go it alone!" conservative battlecry?

Exactly! NOW they're hanging on every word the FRENCH say???

How about since the French midget Sarkozy criticized Obama, we ressurrect the freedom fries?? eh?

Conservatives. The comedy act that never ends.

Seriously.

Good to know we are once again concerned with other nation's opinion of us though (that is as long as it makes Obama look bad).

However, I suspect Zuckerman is playing fast and loose with his OPED and that, as you pointed out, his disapproval of Obama stems from a less State of Israel friendly policy.

Mort Zuckerman: World Sees Obama as Incompetent and AmateurThe president is well-intentioned but can't walk the walk on the world stage

"The reviews of Obama's performance have been disappointing. He has seemed uncomfortable in the role of leading other nations, and often seems to suggest there is nothing special about America's role in the world. The global community was puzzled over the pictures of Obama bowing to some of the world's leaders and surprised by his gratuitous criticisms of and apologies for America's foreign policy under the previous administration of George W. Bush. One Middle East authority, Fouad Ajami, pointed out that Obama seems unaware that it is bad form and even a great moral lapse to speak ill of one's own tribe while in the lands of others.

Even in Britain, for decades our closest ally, the talk in the press—supported by polls—is about the end of the "special relationship" with America. French President Nicolas Sarkozy openly criticized Obama for months, including a direct attack on his policies at the United Nations. ... Vladimir Putin of Russia has publicly scorned a number of Obama's visions.

As the former president of the Council on Foreign Relations, Les Gelb, put it, there is "the impression that Obama might confuse speeches with policy." ... unable to budge any Arab leader.

Strategic decisions go well beyond being smart, which Obama certainly is. They must be based on experience that discerns what works, what doesn't—and why. This requires experienced staffing, which Obama and his top appointees simply do not seem to have.

...a critical mass of influential people in world affairs who once held high hopes for the president have begun to wonder whether they misjudged the man. They are no longer dazzled by his rock star personality and there is a sense that there is something amateurish and even incompetent about how Obama is managing U.S. power."
Mort Zuckerman: World Sees Obama as Incompetent and Amateur - US News and World Report

Well, are you ready to apologize, and return to reality? I see signs of it...

Apologize because Mort Zuckerman doesn't like the job Obama is doing? Why do you people keep tossing OPED out as if it's anything more than opinion? Although I do recognize a concerted effort by Obama's detractors to try and paint him as Jimmy Carter: "Nice guy, but too nice to be a leader." It's a theme I see more and more of these days.

Even if I bought Zuckerman's claims, which I don't, considering the disaster that was George W. Bush an apology will not be forthcoming.

Instead of pointing fingers at those of us that supported Obama, why don't you all do something significantly more useful like try and find a viable candidate to unseat him in 2012.

Hell, at this stage of the game, even a platform would be an improvement.

Hey- I object!

He is NOT a nice guy!

And speaking of object, your avatar and board-name reek of junior high school mentality, and less than efficacious upbringing.

But, on he bright side, for me at least, "Even if I bought Zuckerman's claims, which I don't, considering the disaster that was George W. Bush an apology will not be forthcoming."

I love it!

I have this fear that the fools who were so easily manipulated into voting for this empty suit- no, this chalk outline, would simply fade away, and not take their lumps.
But not you!

The worse President Obama looks, the more MSNBC and Jon Stewart jump off the sinking ship, the more lefties will simply jam their hands into their jeans and whistle off into the sunset, you stick to...what, your bumper stickers and lower-left area of the learning curve!

I was so afraid that the USMB would become the kind of echo chamber that you lefties live in, and I might have to find an alternative menthod of letting out my aggressions...
but you saved me...
my hero, ah.

Remember to have a banner made: "an apology will not be forthcoming!"

And keep celebrating Hiroo Onoda's birthday!

How many of you noticed that there really wasn't any substantive evidence supporting the contention that the world sees Obama as incompetent?

And keep in mind, the anti-Obama crowd offered us what as an alternative? Four more years of Bush via the doddering political chameleon I-never-said-I-was-a-maverick McCain...

...that's all you need to know about the wisdom of these armchair general Obama haters. They thought McCAIN was the answer! lolololol

Hey- I object!

He is NOT a nice guy!

And speaking of object, your avatar and board-name reek of junior high school mentality, and less than efficacious upbringing.

You can't handle the Lenny. Your mindset couldn't handle him in 1960 and you can't handle him now.

In truth, I would think someone who fancies themselves to be an astute commentator on American society, such as yourself, would be in awe of his brilliance.

Perhaps you never stopped to listen to what he was saying?

What's more obscene:

An avatar of a guy giving you the bird?

Or an un-necessary war that you blindly supported that led to the death and maiming of thousands of people both combatents and non?

Surprise Political Chic! You are the punchline of a joke from 60 years ago.

BTW, how dirty is your toilet?

The rest of your post is your usual claptrap, so I'll give it about as much attention as it deserves.

Everything wrong is Bush's fault
If we abase ourselves, our enemies will love us, because they hate us for our sins, not their own deformities.
Out blessings are not because of our former good sense and hard work, but because we stole it it from others. Therefore we need to give it back.
It is Bush's fault
It is Bush's fault
It is Bush's fault.

I just love the litany of Bush bashing by the left...and then let's all agree about Bush...

so how to explain that the American public now sees Bush as about equivalent to Obama....

I guess President Obama must be pretty awful, just 2% better than President Bush, huh?

"A new poll from Public Policy Polling finds just a small amount of daylight between the amount of people who would prefer Barack Obama or George W. Bush to be president. The national survey found that 48 percent prefer Obama as president, while 46 percent would rather it be Bush."
Poll: Voters Split On Pres. Obama vs.Bush - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

Seems Americans have awoken...just not some of our fellow board members.

Everything wrong is Bush's fault
If we abase ourselves, our enemies will love us, because they hate us for our sins, not their own deformities.
Out blessings are not because of our former good sense and hard work, but because we stole it it from others. Therefore we need to give it back.
It is Bush's fault
It is Bush's fault
It is Bush's fault.

I just love the litany of Bush bashing by the left...and then let's all agree about Bush...

so how to explain that the American public now sees Bush as about equivalent to Obama....

I guess President Obama must be pretty awful, just 2% better than President Bush, huh?

"A new poll from Public Policy Polling finds just a small amount of daylight between the amount of people who would prefer Barack Obama or George W. Bush to be president. The national survey found that 48 percent prefer Obama as president, while 46 percent would rather it be Bush."
Poll: Voters Split On Pres. Obama vs.Bush - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

Seems Americans have awoken...just not some of our fellow board members.

When Obama's popularity level drops into the 20% range, remind me and then we'll talk.

Wasn't the DemNeoNazi narrative that the rest of the world would love us now that we elected somebody who hates American as much as the Jihadists?

Hey- I object!

He is NOT a nice guy!

You can't handle the Lenny. Your mindset couldn't handle him in 1960 and you can't handle him now.

In truth, I would think someone who fancies themselves to be an astute commentator on American society, such as yourself, would be in awe of his brilliance.

Perhaps you never stopped to listen to what he was saying?

What's more obscene:

An avatar of a guy giving you the bird?

Or an un-necessary war that you blindly supported that led to the death and maiming of thousands of people both combatents and non?

Surprise Political Chic! You are the punchline of a joke from 60 years ago.

BTW, how dirty is your toilet?

The rest of your post is your usual claptrap, so I'll give it about as much attention as it deserves.

Sorry, that was before my time...and really has nothing to do with the juvenile cry for attention on which I commented.
But you see, in the kind of defense you hid behind, that I'm essentially correct.

And, "someone who fancies themselves to be an astute commentator on American society" may be an element of my nature, do I see a teensy-weensy bit of a complement hidden in there?
Aw, shucks.

Enough of the chit-chat, let's get it on again: "un-necessary war that you blindly supported"

To parse the above, 'un-necessary" by some level of hind sight? Did most folks, most nations, virtually all politicians support it at the time?
What does that do to your premise?

"blindly" is a self-serving term, here, in that all evidence supported the effort.

"...led to the death and maiming of thousands of people both combatents and non."
And here we have one of those mindless bumber sticker essays that left-wingers always use to feel good about themselves.

That is, unless you can name a few wars that didn't result in "the death and maiming of thousands of people both combatents and non."

Can you?

The silence? Is that crickets?

And, "BTW, how dirty is your toilet?" No doubt this literary gem gets lots of knee-slapping from the other third graders.
Polishing up your grade school creds?

"rest of your post ..."
this is the usual preface when one is out classed, and 'the rest of the post' is 'above your pay grade.'

Write soon.

Wasn't the DemNeoNazi narrative that the rest of the world would love us now that we elected somebody who hates American as much as the Jihadists?

Those in power now are making is easy for them. They're destroying us from within. Obama is doing a wonderful job in this. I'll give him that.

Alinsky has nothing on Obama...and Obama could teach Alinsky a thing or three. ;) [Marx and Lenin as well].

Sorry, that was before my time...and really has nothing to do with the juvenile cry for attention on which I commented.
But you see, in the kind of defense you hid behind, that I'm essentially correct.

And, "someone who fancies themselves to be an astute commentator on American society" may be an element of my nature, do I see a teensy-weensy bit of a complement hidden in there?
Aw, shucks.

Enough of the chit-chat, let's get it on again: "un-necessary war that you blindly supported"

To parse the above, 'un-necessary" by some level of hind sight? Did most folks, most nations, virtually all politicians support it at the time?
What does that do to your premise?

"blindly" is a self-serving term, here, in that all evidence supported the effort.

"...led to the death and maiming of thousands of people both combatents and non."
And here we have one of those mindless bumber sticker essays that left-wingers always use to feel good about themselves.

That is, unless you can name a few wars that didn't result in "the death and maiming of thousands of people both combatents and non."

Can you?

The silence? Is that crickets?

And, "BTW, how dirty is your toilet?" No doubt this literary gem gets lots of knee-slapping from the other third graders.
Polishing up your grade school creds?

"rest of your post ..."
this is the usual preface when one is out classed, and 'the rest of the post' is 'above your pay grade.'

Write soon.

You are older than me, so if Lenny Bruce was "before your time" he was certainly before my time. Again, you don't get the joke, because you are the punchline.

Every war results in the needless slaughter of the innocent. Not every war is necessary. Iraq would fall under that category.

The irony is that you find a screen name and Lenny Bruce flipping the bird offensive while you supported a needless war. A middle finger never killed anyone. A JDAM sure as hell did.

As for "out-classed", whatever gets you through the night sister. I just applaud the fact that you are now offering original thoughts on this subject as oppossed to your usual MO of posting other people's OPED.

Last edited:
How many of you noticed that there really wasn't any substantive evidence supporting the contention that the world sees Obama as incompetent?

And keep in mind, the anti-Obama crowd offered us what as an alternative? Four more years of Bush via the doddering political chameleon I-never-said-I-was-a-maverick McCain...

...that's all you need to know about the wisdom of these armchair general Obama haters. They thought McCAIN was the answer! lolololol

I don't recall having claimed that you are dishonest, simply that we disagree on everything.

So it would be of more than passing interest if you would expand on your post as follows:
"there really wasn't any substantive evidence supporting the contention that the world sees Obama as incompetent."

Is this merely a speed-bump of a sticking point, designed to slow up the avalanche, a demand for further proof, beyond the article and your own experience, or do you actually disagree that President Obama has shown very little competence...?

Are you looking at a competent handling of the oil spill, economy, foreign policy, two war theatres, and vetting of numerous appointments?

Remember, this is not an Obama vs. Bush, as in "Four more years of Bush" defense. This is the job the President has done vs. an hypothetical President Obama who acted adroitly in the areas listed above, the premise being that there was ample warning prior to the election that this man is an inexperienced ideologue.

It is completely understandable if you choose not to answer.

When it comes to "conservatism" the "no true scotsman" talking point get's a little silly.

As for Obama, he's less than 1/2 way through his term. The jury is still out. I don't think he's lived up to the hype, but I think he's been far from a disaster.

When alleging a fallacy, it is useful if the fallacy is actually the argument being made. In this cae, your contention is simply false.

It is useful for you libbies to pretend that W was a conservative. It simply isn't true, however.

Despite that, he was closer to being a conservative than his opponents were. That much is true. He garnered support from many conservatives as a result. That too is true.

And President Obama is a very nearly unmitigated disaster.

Like I said, when it comes to the issue of conservatism the "no true scotsman" argument get's lame.

Or maybe you guys are just to wed to the concept of ideological purity to realize that our country works on compromise and no single candidate be it conservative or liberal is going to get their way 100% of the time.

At any rate, instead of supporting Bush for 8 years and then whining after he left office that he wasn't really a conservative, perhaps it would be more constructive to support someone who you thin truly is conservative.

Just like the Democratic party which uses a primary system to determine who will run, so does the Republican and just like the democrats the incumbent almost ALWAYS wins.

In 2004 Bush had no chance. No one was happy with him but he won the Primary as expected. No one expected him to win reelection though. Until you dimbulbs and morons selected Kerry. The ONE guy in your stable that was dumber and more disliked then Bush. Kerry was so bad that Independents once again cast their vote with Bush.

The Democrats LOST in 2004, Bush did not win. You dumb fucks screwed up a sure win by being so dense and stupid you actually picked the one guy that people disliked more then Bush.

Look in the mirror, YOU liberals are why Bush had 8 years in office. You took a sure thing and gave it away. Dean was more electable then Kerry. You managed to dreg the bottom of the barrel and pull out a real loser and you lost a sure win.

When you start whining about Bush pull yourself to your mirror, look in it and see one of the people responsible for Bush having 8 years.

Forum List

Back