We the People launches

And I can't get on the site. Too busy.

We the People is easy to use. Here's how it works:

Create or Sign a Petition: Anyone 13 or older can create or sign a petition on WhiteHouse.gov asking the Obama Administration to take action on a range issues.
Build Support and Gather Signatures for your Petition: It's up to you to build support for a petition. Use email, Facebook, Twitter and word of mouth to tell your friends, family and coworkers about the petitions you care about.
The White House Reviews and Responds: If a petition reaches 5,000 within 30 days, it will be reviewed by a standing group of White House officials, referred to any other relevant policymakers and an official response will be issued.
The idea of petitioning the White House or the government isn't new, but this tool is. The White House has never tried anything like this before, and as a result, we'll probably have to make some adjustments as we go. As we do, we'll keep you posted on the White House blog.

So think about an issue you care about, who you can reach out to join you, and get started:

http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/Petitions

P.S. Help spread the word about this new tool by forwarding this email to anyone else who would find We the People interesting.

It's a good idea.

Shame that its technology doesn't yet work.

They put up a maintenance sign. I don't think they were expecting the traffic.

Silly White House.

Disappointing execution; but this happens in the tech world. They should have soft launched then promoted. These wide eyed youngins don't understand but trust me they have lessons learned today! :lol:

They didnt learn fron last week with the attack site
All this time and money wasted on this bs rather than working on whats important.

Create or Sign a Petition: Anyone 13 or older can create or sign a petition on WhiteHouse.gov asking the Obama Administration to take action on a range issues.
Build Support and Gather Signatures for your Petition: It's up to you to build support for a petition. Use email, Facebook, Twitter and word of mouth to tell your friends, family and coworkers about the petitions you care about.
The White House Reviews and Responds: If a petition reaches 5,000 within 30 days, it will be reviewed by a standing group of White House officials, referred to any other relevant policymakers and an official response will be issued.
The idea of petitioning the White House or the government isn't new, but this tool is. The White House has never tried anything like this before, and as a result, we'll probably have to make some adjustments as we go. As we do, we'll keep you posted on the White House blog.

So think about an issue you care about, who you can reach out to join you, and get started:

P.S. Help spread the word about this new tool by forwarding this email to anyone else who would find We the People interesting.

It's a good idea.

It's a stupid idea - designed purely for public relations benefits. It won't work any better here than it has elsewhere.

In the UK, for example, the rule is that if you get over a certain number of signatures, the Commons will debate whatever issue has been raised. Well, the petition to bring back the Death Penalty has double the number of required signatures. Has their Government debated it? No. Is it on the list to debate? No. And that is one example - it is rife around the EU.

Stupid fucking PR bullshit to feed the sheep.

I actually did get on the site to look at it. I might go back later and type in the American Legions Proposed Constitutional Flag Protection Amendment. I bet I'd get 50,000 signatures and it would piss off so very many......................

They put up a maintenance sign. I don't think they were expecting the traffic.

Silly White House.

Disappointing execution; but this happens in the tech world. They should have soft launched then promoted. These wide eyed youngins don't understand but trust me they have lessons learned today! :lol:

All this time and money wasted on this bs rather than working on whats important.

Bullseye.

Obama doesn't talk to his cabinet but he specially hired a cadre of people to sit around thinking up ideas for the late night talk guys to make fun of. They get paid on output. At least one embarrassment per week or they get fired.

The idea behind it is twofold. First, there's no such thing as bad publicity - just make sure to keep Obama in the news. Second, the only thing Obama has to campaign on is "people have been mean to me" ... so he has to make sure to keep giving people things to be mean about.

Risky scenario to be sure, but it's all he has.

Beats the heck out of actually consulting with constitutional officers and other people who have to be accountable.

It's a good idea.

It's a stupid idea - designed purely for public relations benefits. It won't work any better here than it has elsewhere.

In the UK, for example, the rule is that if you get over a certain number of signatures, the Commons will debate whatever issue has been raised. Well, the petition to bring back the Death Penalty has double the number of required signatures. Has their Government debated it? No. Is it on the list to debate? No. And that is one example - it is rife around the EU.

We should all get on their and suggest they repeal Obamacare. See how far that one goes.

Obama has just created more jobs. Kudos.

Something for those unemployed English majors. The assignment: write something which will make the petitioners think their petition has been looked at and which has some chance of appeasing them without committing to any action.

If they petitioners had faith that something would be done, then they're gullible enough to believe anything coming out of the White House.

If they were Republicans, then it doesn't matter how convincing it was because they weren't going to fall for it no matter what the creative writing team produced.

I's dotted. T's crossed. Another thing for Obama's hacks to put on their "What our sainted president has accomplished" list.

Bullseye.

Obama doesn't talk to his cabinet but he specially hired a cadre of people to sit around thinking up ideas for the late night talk guys to make fun of. They get paid on output. At least one embarrassment per week or they get fired.

The idea behind it is twofold. First, there's no such thing as bad publicity - just make sure to keep Obama in the news. Second, the only thing Obama has to campaign on is "people have been mean to me" ... so he has to make sure to keep giving people things to be mean about.

Beats the heck out of actually consulting with constitutional officers and other people who have to be accountable.

I think in his case, too much exposure is going to hurt him. I mean, unless you're hanging from his balls you have got to be sick of seeing him on TV giving speeches that nobody at this point even cares about.
Maybe it's just me but he bores the shit out of me and has bored me since his 80th speech in the first year of his presidency.

It's a good idea.

We should all get on their and suggest they repeal Obamacare. See how far that one goes.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Typical fucking incompetent government:

twitter said:
@whitehouse
The White House
Tweeted the wrong link for #WeThePeople earlier, here's the right one: whitehouse.gov/petitions #whoops

Good grief. :lmao:

Bullseye.

I think in his case, too much exposure is going to hurt him. I mean, unless you're hanging from his balls you have got to be sick of seeing him on TV giving speeches that nobody at this point even cares about.
Maybe it's just me but he bores the shit out of me and has bored me since his 80th speech in the first year of his presidency.

Personally, I think you're right. But it seems to be his strategy. His team hasn't seemed to notice that his poll numbers tend to go up when he's on vacation.

When he's not talking it lets people slip back into their happy drug-like thoughts about who they fooled themselves into thinking he was.

When he's talking the illusion is shattered and his numbers trend downward again.

But so far either his team hasn't pieced the clues together yet ... or they have but there's nothing they can do to get him to shut up no matter how hard they try.

p.s. A couple of weeks ago I went to the whitehouse.gov site to look for the transcript of one of his speeches from 2009. I had the site list the addresses in chronological order (which to them meant most recent first). I went back 34 pages (10 links per page) and I was still in 2011. He has more than one speech per day for this year alone.

The White House is a veritable spam factory.

:spam:

Last edited:
It's a good idea.

Good idea but I don't think it would go anywhere.

Before the Dem idiots passed the bill their phone were ringing off the hook with Americans telling that we didn't want that piece of shit.

We got in anyway,

They7 didn't pay any attention to We the People then. Doubt they would pay any attention now.

It's a good idea.

It is a great idea, except that people won't take it seriously and obama will not take the few sound ideas seriously.
On that note:
We the undersigned demand the immediate resignation of President barack h obama and Vice President Joseph Biden to be effective at noon on October 1, 2011, and instruct the Chief Justice of the United States of America to administer the oath of office to his lawful successor, John Boehner.

So were now going to take ideas and pointers from 13 year olds?

Fucking desperate and disgustingly pathetic.

We have been for nearly 3 years now. Collectively, they're referred to as the Executive Branch.

3? Seriously?

Be honest... this goes back way before Obama. All he's done is prove that we cannot trust any of 'em.
Different group of 3 year olds. Of course they've all been pretty twisted, but the current group are whiny brats, to boot.

Forum List

Back