We Spend Too Much On Defense/Military

Hey with your philosophy on defense, what will you be fighting with?

With all your bellaching about this country, why the hell do you even live here? There must be some utopian country someplace on the planet more to your liking....

Now that my party runs this country, maybe you should leave.

Sorry, but it will be you who complains the next 8 years when Obama cuts out all the wasteful spending.

And even though he will only cut out wasteful spending, you'll say he's weak on defense because that's where a lot of the waste is being committed.

Because clearly after all the examples I have given, the Republicans use DEFENSE to fleece our treasury.

How would you know that? You must be one of those "smart" cocksuckers. Does that mean you don't swallow? Does this mean you don't want to play anymore?

For one convinced of your own intelligence you sure do resort to some infantile "debate" tactics. This of course is merely your style.... make shit up, assert the fallacies as true then call names when you feel like others are getting the better of you.

If it weren't for the entertainment value, your posts would be worth ignoring.

I haven't made anything up. I showed you several examples of how the GOP used "defense" to rape the treasury.

I was just trying to make a point. Just because a goober like you doesn't get it doesn't mean it isn't a good point.

You cry about wasteful democratic government spending, yet you allow the GOP to spend as much as they want as long as it is done in the name of defense.

So again, don't talk about being fiscally responsible, balancing budgets or cutting taxes. Because your party, if given control again, will double the god gamn debt again, and you'll let them do it, because it is done in the DEFENSE category. Not only will you let them, you'll argue loudly for them!!!

Stupid cock suckers. :lol:

Thank God your party now sits at the kids table.

X, he said 'for real' -- it must be so! :lol:

Each of you cock suckers knows who you are.

Hey, did you see this?

Conservatism's dilemma: To be or not to be in the GOP
American Thinker – After the presidency of George W. Bush, most conservatives are fed up with the GOP – and here, Larrey Anderson asks the question on many of our minds: Should conservatives even be in the Republican Party at all? Anderson concludes that conservatives need the GOP, but Republicans need us more – and we should take certain steps to make sure they know it.

Wake the fuck up! Time to find a new party.

So much for bipartisanship Bobo. We could get into how much money is wasted on democratic appeals to legitimate orders as well as court time for invalid accusations. Then we could look at what bills the democratic party supported that were complete wastes of government money. After we compare the two then we could pick the side of a party.

ignore Bobo, he is one of those people that actually think the New Deal got us out of the great depression

So much for bipartisanship Bobo. We could get into how much money is wasted on democratic appeals to legitimate orders as well as court time for invalid accusations. Then we could look at what bills the democratic party supported that were complete wastes of government money. After we compare the two then we could pick the side of a party.

Yes, then you will see that Republican presidents spend more than democratic ones and Republicans senators/congressmen spend more pork than their democratic rivals.

That's the point I'm trying to make.

And funny I just got this email from a conservative that sort of backs up my point.

Here it is again for you:

Conservatism's dilemma: To be or not to be in the GOP
American Thinker – After the presidency of George W. Bush, most conservatives are fed up with the GOP – and here, Larrey Anderson asks the question on many of our minds: Should conservatives even be in the Republican Party at all? Anderson concludes that conservatives need the GOP, but Republicans need us more – and we should take certain steps to make sure they know it.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, you got played by the GOP. Yet here you are still defending them as if they are conservative.

Everything you thought turned out to be a lie!!! :lol:

Yes lets say that republicans spend more. But on what? Are they a a time of war when more money needs to be spent. Are they aiding in foreign affairs as per request of democratic congress? Lets really get all the facts here.

ignore Bobo, he is one of those people that actually think the New Deal got us out of the great depression

Also, it will be the democratic government that gets us out of the mess the GOP put us in. It certainly won't be the "free markets". The "free unregulated markets" is what got us in this mess.

Government isn't the enemy, unless of course it is a Republican run government, and then they will empty the treasury and give it to Corporate America. And it won't trickle down stupid!!!

ThomHartmann.com - Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

Yes lets say that republicans spend more. But on what? Are they a a time of war when more money needs to be spent. Are they aiding in foreign affairs as per request of democratic congress? Lets really get all the facts here.

Listen buddy. We watched millions/billions go missing under the GOP rule in the name of defense. Stop being a schmuck/dishonest prick.

They emptied the treasury. Wasted/stole/looted/lost/fraud.

I love it that conservatives are half leaving the GOP and half of you are still defending them.

I rely on you defenders, because it is harder to campaign against the fakers who pretend to distance themselves from the party.

So you can pretend to be "conservative" while you watch your party empty the treasury. If that's your MO, fine with me. Look how much it cost your silly little party. It is very tiny now. :lol:

Huh? Seems you agree with me here Gunny. You said, "do i have any idea how much is stolen from us in the name of the US Gov.".

That was my point exactly.

Here is my point Gunny. You guys bitch about welfare and at the same time, your party is stealing more through defense.

So when you hear welfare you think of crack mothers. When you hear defense you think of protecting our nation. That's how they sucker dummies like you into defending them when they fleece you, thru defense.

I don't like any government waste/fraud/corruption. I'm all for stopping welfare abuse.

My problem was trying to get guys like you on board to help stop waste/fraud/corruption thru defense spending. But for some reason, you don't want to stop that wasteful spending.

So don't ask for balanced budgets or surpluses or tax breaks. You don't really want/deserve them.

The government will continue to rob us through defense spending because you allow/defend it. And you bitched when Clinton gutted all that wasteful spending. Shame on him, huh? :cuckoo:

I don't have a party, genius, and no, we don't agree. I'm talking about that bureaucracy you support.

You aren't trying to stop ANY fraud, waste and abuse. That's not the title of this thread. You specifically attacked the US military.

Project much? How about you quit telling others what they think based on your stupid assumptions?

I'm all for stopping fraud, waste and abuse in ALL facets of the government. That doesn't mean I'm singling any out, nor that I want those programs done away with. Oversight and accountablity would suffice.

It's ok to give the failing car industry in a failing city and state billions but lets cut defense and military...because who the fuck needs them.

No shit. Let's reward idiots for being failures simply so the autoworkers union doesn't go down along with them even though it is probably a main cause of the failure.

Do you have any idea how much money is stolen/fleeced from the American taxpayer in the name of the US Government? A LOT more than you can claim as fraud by any other single entity.

So stop being the pot calling the kettle black. You're all for bailing out an industry for being a failure with tax dollars, but not defending this nation. Talk about your fantasy worlds ....

Agreed.

I think the changes we need in military spending is more effective spending, in other words, getting more for our buck and our buck worth. However, in this world, slashing spending would be a mistake.

Naturally if we applied wise spending across the board, we could be able to fund some of the social projects better. Add that to the points Gunny made and all of a sudden you come into some serious available funding.

Agreed.

I think the changes we need in military spending is more effective spending, in other words, getting more for our buck and our buck worth. However, in this world, slashing spending would be a mistake.

Naturally if we applied wise spending across the board, we could be able to fund some of the social projects better. Add that to the points Gunny made and all of a sudden you come into some serious available funding.

That doesn't suit our government that hides their pork on pages 215-900 somwething covered by a bill titled to sound respectable. It doesn't suit the bureaucracy in this nation that thrives on deadbeats with jobs that do nothing, if not duplicate someone else's efforts.

It doesn't suit the bureaucrats to be held strictly accountable for each penny. That's work.

And it doesn't suit people like Sealybobo who think throwing millions at a failed industry is right simply because it affects HIS life. But he'll question you doing what's right for this nation in a second, toss you into a political party you don't belong to, then waste half a page projecting your beliefs for you.

I haven't made anything up. I showed you several examples of how the GOP used "defense" to rape the treasury.

I was just trying to make a point. Just because a goober like you doesn't get it doesn't mean it isn't a good point.

You cry about wasteful democratic government spending, yet you allow the GOP to spend as much as they want as long as it is done in the name of defense.

So again, don't talk about being fiscally responsible, balancing budgets or cutting taxes. Because your party, if given control again, will double the god gamn debt again, and you'll let them do it, because it is done in the DEFENSE category. Not only will you let them, you'll argue loudly for them!!!

Stupid cock suckers. :lol:

Thank God your party now sits at the kids table.

I see your point .... it's at the very tip of your head.

I am glad the money was spent the way it was. Kept it out of the hands of the likes of you.

By the way, it was personal too, the Conservatives are laughing all the way to the bank and saying "Hee hee hee, that dumbass Sealybobo is just gonna HATE this!" You're just THAT important!

Also, you should know that not only am I a stupid cocksucker, but I am also a former warmongering baby killer who is now stuffing myself at the public trough as a white collar worker in the evil military-industrial complex. It gives me great pleasure knowing that you personally hate everything I stand for because I'm just that bad a person. I have evil in my heart and a smile on my face.

That doesn't suit our government that hides their pork on pages 215-900 somwething covered by a bill titled to sound respectable. It doesn't suit the bureaucracy in this nation that thrives on deadbeats with jobs that do nothing, if not duplicate someone else's efforts.

It doesn't suit the bureaucrats to be held strictly accountable for each penny. That's work.

And it doesn't suit people like Sealybobo who think throwing millions at a failed industry is right simply because it affects HIS life. But he'll question you doing what's right for this nation in a second, toss you into a political party you don't belong to, then waste half a page projecting your beliefs for you.

There is no doubt that the way government in general spends money is needs some serious scrutiny. However, with the prevalent attitude in this country that no one is responsible for anything or should be held accountable for their actions (didn't pay your taxes? well that's ok, we'll make you Secretary of the Treasurey anyway) is it any wonder that it has permeated the entire government?

I'm all for stopping fraud, waste and abuse in ALL facets of the government. That doesn't mean I'm singling any out, nor that I want those programs done away with. Oversight and accountablity would suffice.

Why aren't you singling any wasteful programs out? And why don't you want those programs done away with?

And the reason I love pointing out that this is where Republicans waste our money, is because THEY love to single out welfare.

Welfare spending never bankrupted this country, but it seems that defense spending has. When you add up the money we are spending in Iraq, and especially the money that was lost/stolen, its a shame. When you see bullshit defense contracts that are awarded to Pentagon/Bush buddies, it is a shame.

So no wonder the Democrats cut defense spending whenever they get into office. That may seem to you that they are weak on defense, but to me it shows they are less corrupt than the GOP. Because they could easily waste just as much.

Instead they want those tax dollars to go towards Americans, IN America. Not filthy rich Americans who don't need it either.

But I do believe you when you say you are against any wasteful spending. I just think people like you get defensive over defense spending, which is exactly why the GOP is smart to waste our money there.

And it is a lot harder to attack defense spending than it is to go after welfare, which to me suggests I have balls and people who attack welfare are ignorant and cheap. :lol:

didnt Jefferson do that just before 1812?
:eusa_whistle:

I don't know, but what I gather after reading that is that Jefferson was concerned with defending the United States internally, not waging wars outside of the US.

So he would have been in favor of a strong Navy & Airforce to protect our shores.

And I think he was concerned that a big army might be used by a corrupt government to attack the citizens. And after Bush, I am concerned about that possibility too. I was even worried he was going to put off the election because we are in a time of war. If he could have gotten away with it, no doubt he would have tried.

So I like the idea of strong local militias. Today we don't have those. Or the ones we do are a bunch of kooks, like Tim McVeigh's Michigan Militia.

We all have guns, but if the army wanted to take us on, they could, because we are unprepared and unorganized.

Hell, even Hamas is better armed than we are. They have AK47's & RPG's.

Forum List

Back