We Spend Too Much On Defense/Military

I see your point .... it's at the very tip of your head.

I am glad the money was spent the way it was. Kept it out of the hands of the likes of you.

By the way, it was personal too, the Conservatives are laughing all the way to the bank and saying "Hee hee hee, that dumbass Sealybobo is just gonna HATE this!" You're just THAT important!

Also, you should know that not only am I a stupid cocksucker, but I am also a former warmongering baby killer who is now stuffing myself at the public trough as a white collar worker in the evil military-industrial complex. It gives me great pleasure knowing that you personally hate everything I stand for because I'm just that bad a person. I have evil in my heart and a smile on my face.

Just like your party sent manufacturing jobs overseas to save a buck, the Democrats are going to cut half of the military-industrial complex spending and your job is GONE. And I will have a smile on my face, because finally it is the evil cock suckers that are losing their jobs/homes/life savings. :lol:

There is no doubt that the way government in general spends money is needs some serious scrutiny. However, with the prevalent attitude in this country that no one is responsible for anything or should be held accountable for their actions (didn't pay your taxes? well that's ok, we'll make you Secretary of the Treasurey anyway) is it any wonder that it has permeated the entire government?

You mean like Scooter Libby? Didn't he break the law and actually commit treason when he leaked a CIA agents name? And didn't Bush pardon him?

Was he held accountable?

How about the White House deleted all their emails, which is illegal? Held accountable?

How about politicizing the justice department? Was anyone held accountable?

How about Rove and Harriet Meyers not showing up when they were sobpoena'ed? Anything happen to them?

Bush's appointees were all HORRIBLE! The guy you are talking about is at least qualified to do the job.

What a joke.

Agreed.

I think the changes we need in military spending is more effective spending, in other words, getting more for our buck and our buck worth. However, in this world, slashing spending would be a mistake.

Naturally if we applied wise spending across the board, we could be able to fund some of the social projects better. Add that to the points Gunny made and all of a sudden you come into some serious available funding.

At last, someone who isn't being defensive about this.

And I agree, I don't want to slash spending across the board either. Just like McCain said he was going to freeze all spending. That would be wrong because then a lot of good programs would get shelved.

So Obama said he's going to go through the budget and get rid of any inefficient programs or wasteful programs. I bet he finds a lot of waste in Defense.

I saw a story about this guy who got a Defense contract from the Pentagon. He was a rich guy who had buddies in the Pentagon. If you saw the vehicle that he was working on, you would understand that his business was a joke. The vehicle flipped over at 30mph. Imagine all the legitimate companies that didn't get the job because he's a good old boy.

I also remember a story about some good old boys that got contracts with the government and I don't remember all the details, but what they were working on was so far from being useful that if they did not have friends in high places, they would not have won those contracts.

That doesn't suit our government that hides their pork on pages 215-900 somwething covered by a bill titled to sound respectable. It doesn't suit the bureaucracy in this nation that thrives on deadbeats with jobs that do nothing, if not duplicate someone else's efforts.

It doesn't suit the bureaucrats to be held strictly accountable for each penny. That's work.

And it doesn't suit people like Sealybobo who think throwing millions at a failed industry is right simply because it affects HIS life. But he'll question you doing what's right for this nation in a second, toss you into a political party you don't belong to, then waste half a page projecting your beliefs for you.

When the final page is written on America’s catastrophic imperial venture, one word will dominate the explanation of U.S. failure—corruption. Large-scale and pervasive corruption meant that available resources could not be used to stabilize and secure Iraq in the early days of the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA), when it was still possible to do so. Continuing corruption meant that the reconstruction of infrastructure never got underway, giving the Iraqi people little incentive to co-operate with the occupation. Ongoing corruption in arms procurement and defense spending means that Baghdad will never control a viable army while the Shi’ite and Kurdish militias will grow stronger and produce a divided Iraq in which constitutional guarantees will be irrelevant.

The American-dominated Coalition Provisional Authority could well prove to be the most corrupt administration in history, almost certainly surpassing the widespread fraud of the much-maligned UN Oil for Food Program. At least $20 billion that belonged to the Iraqi people has been wasted, together with hundreds of millions of U.S. taxpayer dollars. Exactly how many billions of additional dollars were squandered, stolen, given away, or simply lost will never be known because the deliberate decision by the CPA not to meter oil exports means that no one will ever know how much revenue was generated during 2003 and 2004.

The American Conservative -- Money for Nothing

Each of you cock suckers knows who you are.

Hey, did you see this?

Conservatism's dilemma: To be or not to be in the GOP
American Thinker – After the presidency of George W. Bush, most conservatives are fed up with the GOP – and here, Larrey Anderson asks the question on many of our minds: Should conservatives even be in the Republican Party at all? Anderson concludes that conservatives need the GOP, but Republicans need us more – and we should take certain steps to make sure they know it.

Wake the fuck up! Time to find a new party.

Hey Sealy -- see under your name where it says 'Beavis'? You got the wrong one.

There is no doubt that the way government in general spends money is needs some serious scrutiny. However, with the prevalent attitude in this country that no one is responsible for anything or should be held accountable for their actions (didn't pay your taxes? well that's ok, we'll make you Secretary of the Treasurey anyway) is it any wonder that it has permeated the entire government?
Later it will be spun as a Bush created problem.:lol:

You mean like Scooter Libby? Didn't he break the law and actually commit treason when he leaked a CIA agents name? And didn't Bush pardon him?

Was he held accountable?

How about the White House deleted all their emails, which is illegal? Held accountable?

How about politicizing the justice department? Was anyone held accountable?

How about Rove and Harriet Meyers not showing up when they were sobpoena'ed? Anything happen to them?

Bush's appointees were all HORRIBLE! The guy you are talking about is at least qualified to do the job.

What a joke.
thus once again proving what a fucking moron you are, libby was NOT pardoned

you just get more ridiculous with every post

At last, someone who isn't being defensive about this.

And I agree, I don't want to slash spending across the board either. Just like McCain said he was going to freeze all spending. That would be wrong because then a lot of good programs would get shelved.

So Obama said he's going to go through the budget and get rid of any inefficient programs or wasteful programs. I bet he finds a lot of waste in Defense.

I saw a story about this guy who got a Defense contract from the Pentagon. He was a rich guy who had buddies in the Pentagon. If you saw the vehicle that he was working on, you would understand that his business was a joke. The vehicle flipped over at 30mph. Imagine all the legitimate companies that didn't get the job because he's a good old boy.

I also remember a story about some good old boys that got contracts with the government and I don't remember all the details, but what they were working on was so far from being useful that if they did not have friends in high places, they would not have won those contracts.
So tell me are you going to pitch a bitch about the Demoncrats that do the same partisan favor contracts for their buddies or the ones that bought them into office?

Democrats had non competitive bid contracting down for as long as anyone out there. Get off the bullshit train sealy because it is only going down.

Later it will be spun as a Bush created problem.:lol:

Bush is just the face of the beast. Take Reagan's head off and put Hw's face on it, or GW's, it does not matter.

But I will say that Bush & the Tom Delay GOP took it all to a whole new level. They'd been planning these last 8 years long before 2000.

PNAC baby!!!

And we only know about half of what they did.

George Bush is going to be sued in criminal/civil court. So are all the people who helped him fleece America.

It doesn't have to be Congress to get him for what he did. Once he is a private citizen, he's ours. And the statute of limitations haven't run out on everything the GOP did. And there is no statute of limitation on murder.

The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

Bush is just the face of the beast. Take Reagan's head off and put Hw's face on it, or GW's, it does not matter.

But I will say that Bush & the Tom Delay GOP took it all to a whole new level. They'd been planning these last 8 years long before 2000.

PNAC baby!!!

And we only know about half of what they did.

George Bush is going to be sued in criminal/civil court. So are all the people who helped him fleece America.

It doesn't have to be Congress to get him for what he did. Once he is a private citizen, he's ours. And the statute of limitations haven't run out on everything the GOP did. And there is no statute of limitation on murder.

The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder
I knew you'd come up with a slant for blaming Bush for Obama's choice for a new treasury secretary. Sure Bush is the one who told Geithner not to pay his payroll taxes.:lol:

So tell me are you going to pitch a bitch about the Demoncrats that do the same partisan favor contracts for their buddies or the ones that bought them into office?

Democrats had non competitive bid contracting down for as long as anyone out there. Get off the bullshit train sealy because it is only going down.

Your party politicized the Justice Department. Only hired people who were loyal bushies. They did this on an unprecidented level. If you see the Democrats doing this, let me know.

The K Street Project was an effort by the Republican Party (GOP) to pressure Washington lobbying firms to hire Republicans in top positions, and to reward loyal GOP lobbyists with access to influential officials. It was launched in 1995 by Republican strategist Grover Norquist and then-House majority whip Tom DeLay. It has been criticized as being part of a "coziness" between the GOP and large corporations which has allegedly allowed business to rewrite government regulations affecting their own industries in some cases (see Dick Cheney energy task force).

PS. I tried to find something else I wanted to show you on Tom Delay, but someone took it out from WIKI. Revisionist history!!! :lol:

Your party politicized the Justice Department. Only hired people who were loyal bushies. They did this on an unprecidented level. If you see the Democrats doing this, let me know.

The K Street Project was an effort by the Republican Party (GOP) to pressure Washington lobbying firms to hire Republicans in top positions, and to reward loyal GOP lobbyists with access to influential officials. It was launched in 1995 by Republican strategist Grover Norquist and then-House majority whip Tom DeLay. It has been criticized as being part of a "coziness" between the GOP and large corporations which has allegedly allowed business to rewrite government regulations affecting their own industries in some cases (see Dick Cheney energy task force).

PS. I tried to find something else I wanted to show you on Tom Delay, but someone took it out from WIKI. Revisionist history!!! :lol:
"Let me know". Damn seally what do you think happened here in Iowa to us? Political parties cover their own ass. Each one does the same not one is better than the other. Here it was the Dems covering the last shame. In 1993 over a sixteen million dollar contract I had the first responsive bid on it. It was the Republicans and the Demoncrats here in that fiasco. It is corruption from both sides and damn few people doing anything to put a stop to it.

Last edited:
I have no real p[roblem with how much we spend on the military.

OTOH, I think we ought to insure that every civilian worker can sit on his ass most drinking coffee, not doing much of anything useful for anyone for twenty years and then retire with full health care bennies, too.

I'm sort of an uber-liberal in that sense.

"Let me know". Damn seally what do you think happened here in Iowa to us? Political parties cover their own ass. Each one does the same not one is better than the other. Here it was the Dems covering the last shame. In 1993 over a sixteen million dollar contract I had the first responsive bi on it was the Republicans and the Demoncrats here. It is corruption from both sides and damn few people doing anything to put a stop to it.

Obama seems willing/interested in putting a stop to it.

And parties change. If the Dems of 1993 sucked, that is why they lost power.

The GOP from 2000-2008 SUCKED, and so they need to go.

If these Dems suck, I'll leave the party. But so far I have not liked the GOP when Bush 1 was President, when Newt was in charge in the 90's and this decade with Tom Delay and Bush.

So it remains to be seen if Pelosi & Reed suck. But I know Boehner sucks.

And they are not the same, because the GOP favors Corporations over citizens.

So far I like everything I see and hear from Obama. I guarantee you he takes us in a different direction than Bush took us in. And I guarantee you we'd stay the course if McCain would have won.

No, they are not all the same. And they both change. So the GOP might not always be this bad, and the Dems may not always be this good. Lets wait and see.

But based on the GOP leaderships performance, they needed to be fired.

PS. In some ways I think you are right. The only President that was really a liberal was Carter, and you see what "they" did to him.

No wonder Clinton sold out on several things like Welfare reform, deregulations & nafta. If you don't, you probably get killed or run out of politics. Which is what happened to Carter.

I know you will laugh at this, but consider this. We all know all politicians are corrupt lying scum, right? Well the fact is, Carter was not. So keep calling carter a pussy and laughing at him. He may have been the one President who was good.

Now, after saying that, I truly believe Obama is a good man. He won with a grass roots campaign. If you want to deny that, just take a look at these pictures.

The Inauguration of President Barack Obama - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Then tell me this guy is going to fuck over the middle class like Bush did.

I hope under Obama, manufacuturing comes back home, unemployment goes down and wages go up. I hope we stop spending as much as we do on Defense. I'd rather we spend on inner city social programs. I'm not talking about making us weak. I'm simply talking about getting rid of the fraud/waste/corruption that occured on GW's watch.

PS. Clinton didn't empty the treasury in Kosovo. He could have.

I knew you'd come up with a slant for blaming Bush for Obama's choice for a new treasury secretary. Sure Bush is the one who told Geithner not to pay his payroll taxes.:lol:

Did you hear that the GOP is holding up Eric Holder's confirmation because of Bush's illegal activities regarding warrentless wiretapping?

I guess Bush signed because Ashcroft would not sign, because it was illegal what they were doing. Anyways, the statute of limitations are up in March. The GOP is just stalling.

No worries though, all the investigations will start soon.

Notice you guys had all the prosecutors and the Justice Department in Bush's pocket and you got very few convictions on Democrats in the 8 years.

And it certainly wasn't for a lack of effort.

Anyways, he didn't pay his taxes. That is odd, huh? I'll give you that one.

But after all the shit we went thru in the last 8 years, I'll let that slide.

Now show me if these guys are corrupt or unqualified.

Do you realize how many unqualified people Bush appointed to important positions? I'll give you one example. Brownie from FEMA was a fucking horse trainer. But FEMA isn't an important agency, right? Hell, we should do away with that agency, right? :cuckoo:

The Republicans don't just believe that government is the enemy, they prove it!!!

did you ever think that maybe the reason it was taken down from wiki was that it wasnt the truth?

LOL
you remain a complete moron

Obama seems willing/interested in putting a stop to it.
From what I see thus far Obama has chosen an Agriculture secretary that is a man who could give a shit about what is right or even basic civil rights. He has chosen a criminal or totally idiot for the Treasury Secretary (I mean get real sealy, I have a ninth grade education but shit I paid my payroll taxes on forty plus employees properly what is wrong with this dude?).

And parties change. If the Dems of 1993 sucked, that is why they ure and lost power.
Sure the more corrupt just keep getting more corrupt and we the people keep buying this bullshit.

[QOUTE]The GOP from 2000-2008 SUCKED, and so they need to go.[/QUOTE] Like the Dems were prosecuting their criminals too? Not.

If these Dems suck, I'll leave the party. But so far I have not liked the GOP when Bush 1 was President, when Newt was in charge in the 90's and this decade with Tom Delay and Bush.
So it remains to be seen if Pelosi & Reed suck. But I know Boehner sucks.
A bit lost there if you think Pelosi , Frank, etc... are doing anyone out here in the real world any favors.

And they are not the same, because the GOP favors Corporations over citizens.
Dems have been bought and paid for by the corporates just as much as the Reps. You are fully delusional if you think any different.

So far I like everything I see and hear from Obama. I guarantee you he takes us in a different direction than Bush took us in. And I guarantee you we'd stay the course if McCain would have won.
He has a good line of speech but his picks are obviously nothing more than pandering to the crowd that is as corrupt as anything this country has ever had.

No, they are not all the same. And they both change. So the GOP might not always be this bad, and the Dems may not always be this good. Lets wait and see.
Wait for what? To be abused a bit more by the Iowa dems as the federal level pricks take the country farther into the pits of hell?

But based on the GOP leaderships performance, they needed to be fired.
Based on the most recent bailout a lot of Dems need their asses tossed out on their ears. They should all be held personally responsible for the wasting of taxpayer dollars. Yet you hang in there until the end with them seally. I am sure when the money runs out food stamps will be there for you.
PS. In some ways I think you are right. The only President that was really a liberal was Carter, and you see what "they" did to him.
Carter was a peanut farmer and the Dems made him a president. Smart move huh?

No wonder Clinton sold out on several things like Welfare reform, deregulations & nafta. If you don't, you probably get killed or run out of politics. Which is what happened to Carter.
Oh sure I recall him talking about "My God". Heck obviously his God is a blow job in the Oval office. Just another example of the great Dem choices for president.

I know you will laugh at this, but consider this. We all know all politicians are corrupt lying scum, right? Well the fact is, Carter was not. So keep calling carter a pussy and laughing at him. He may have been the one President who was good.
Good does not mean one has enough brain power to rule a country.

Now, after saying that, I truly believe Obama is a good man. He won with a grass roots campaign. If you want to deny that, just take a look at these pictures.

The Inauguration of President Barack Obama - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Then tell me this guy is going to fuck over the middle class like Bush did.

The middle class fuck themselves over when they sold them selves to the bankers and chose to ignore the poor. It is that simple.

I hope under Obama, manufacuturing comes back home, unemployment goes down and wages go up. I hope we stop spending as much as we do on Defense. I'd rather we spend on inner city social programs. I'm not talking about making us weak. I'm simply talking about getting rid of the fraud/waste/corruption that occured on GW's watch.

PS. Clinton didn't empty the treasury in Kosovo. He could have.
YOU JUST WANT TO LET THE FRAUD AND CORRUPTION GO THAT BEGAN OR PROLIFERATED DURING CLINTONS WATCH? OR ARE YOU MORE INTENT ON TRYING TO PLACE THE WHOLE BLAME ON BUSH WHEN IT FACT IT IS JUST AS MUCH THE FAULT OF CONGRESS?

The only way this country will survive is if all are held accountable no matter what their party affiliation is.

In that I will add this country is going to it's knees either the easy way or the hard way. We all make choices and my preference is to not be a sellout. integrity has been lost in the country for years and Bush did not do that. Clinton sure did not bring much in the way of that either.

It is not just manufacturing going overseas. Fact is poor countries need to be able to make a living also. What we have and have had is a lack of regulation on corrupt plundering by corporate thugs. You want to blame that on a few companies. I suppose you'll have to wait for the book to be fully written seally. Heroes and villians are not always what you may percieve them to be.

The responsibility of what has transpired is just as much the fault of the Democrats as the Republicans. In fact more so. Why? Because the Democrats have this claim they look out for the working man. If that is the case you better have enough foresight to look ahead or you screw us all. But hey I ain't gonna sweat it. I'm buying chickens this Spring and growing a garden this year. Wood stove, camping at it's best and worst.

From what I see thus far Obama has chosen an Agriculture secretary that is a man who could give a shit about what is right or even basic civil rights. He has chosen a criminal or totally idiot for the Treasury Secretary (I mean get real sealy, I have a ninth grade education but shit I paid my payroll taxes on forty plus employees properly what is wrong with this dude?).

Sure the more corrupt just keep getting more corrupt and we the people keep buying this bullshit.

[QOUTE]The GOP from 2000-2008 SUCKED, and so they need to go.
Like the Dems were prosecuting their criminals too? Not.

A bit lost there if you think Pelosi , Frank, etc... are doing anyone out here in the real world any favors.

Dems have been bought and paid for by the corporates just as much as the Reps. You are fully delusional if you think any different.

He has a good line of speech but his picks are obviously nothing more than pandering to the crowd that is as corrupt as anything this country has ever had.

Wait for what? To be abused a bit more by the Iowa dems as the federal level pricks take the country farther into the pits of hell?

Based on the most recent bailout a lot of Dems need their asses tossed out on their ears. They should all be held personally responsible for the wasting of taxpayer dollars. Yet you hang in there until the end with them seally. I am sure when the money runs out food stamps will be there for you. Carter was a peanut farmer and the Dems made him a president. Smart move huh?

Oh sure I recall him talking about "My God". Heck obviously his God is a blow job in the Oval office. Just another example of the great Dem choices for president.

Good does not mean one has enough brain power to rule a country.

The middle class fuck themselves over when they sold them selves to the bankers and chose to ignore the poor. It is that simple.

YOU JUST WANT TO LET THE FRAUD AND CORRUPTION GO THAT BEGAN OR PROLIFERATED DURING CLINTONS WATCH? OR ARE YOU MORE INTENT ON TRYING TO PLACE THE WHOLE BLAME ON BUSH WHEN IT FACT IT IS JUST AS MUCH THE FAULT OF CONGRESS?

The only way this country will survive is if all are held accountable no matter what their party affiliation is.

In that I will add this country is going to it's knees either the easy way or the hard way. We all make choices and my preference is to not be a sellout. integrity has been lost in the country for years and Bush did not do that. Clinton sure did not bring much in the way of that either.

It is not just manufacturing going overseas. Fact is poor countries need to be able to make a living also. What we have and have had is a lack of regulation on corrupt plundering by corporate thugs. You want to blame that on a few companies. I suppose you'll have to wait for the book to be fully written seally. Heroes and villians are not always what you may percieve them to be.

The responsibility of what has transpired is just as much the fault of the Democrats as the Republicans. In fact more so. Why? Because the Democrats have this claim they look out for the working man. If that is the case you better have enough foresight to look ahead or you screw us all. But hey I ain't gonna sweat it. I'm buying chickens this Spring and growing a garden this year. Wood stove, camping at it's best and worst.[/QUOTE]

Who did Pelosi & Reed do SCHIP for? Kids or Corporations?

The Dems will raise minimum wage, the GOP will not. Who do the Dems do that for?

Closing bullshit tax break loopholes on corporations that are overseas? First of all, why would the GOP do that? Oh yea, all their constituents are taking their corporations overseas. So which party is going to close those loopholes? Which party even exposes those loopholes?

If you ask a Republican, they deny those loopholes even exist.

There is no way you are going to make me see things your way and there is no way I'll ever get you to see things my way. At least we know that.

That was way too much information. Probably a lot of good shit in there too that I would LOVE to reply to, but when it is that big, it's impossible for me to reply to all.

I just re-read and saw where you mocked making a peanut farmer a president.

You have the BALLS?????

You guys made a fucking cocaine head drunk oil man the president, and he ran the devil as his running mate!!!

And you wonder why politicians are corrupt. HA!!!

And then you put Tom Delay in as the leader of the GOP? Dude, you can actually see his horns and tail!!!!

George Carlin had you figured out. I should take his advice. He NEVER complained about the politicians:

"Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here… like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. Fuck Hope.'"

That was way too much information. Probably a lot of good shit in there too that I would LOVE to reply to, but when it is that big, it's impossible for me to reply to all.

I just re-read and saw where you mocked making a peanut farmer a president.

You have the BALLS?????

You guys made a fucking cocaine head drunk oil man the president, and he ran the devil as his running mate!!!

And you wonder why politicians are corrupt. HA!!!

And then you put Tom Delay in as the leader of the GOP? Dude, you can actually see his horns and tail!!!!

George Carlin had you figured out. I should take his advice. He NEVER complained about the politicians:

"Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here… like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. Fuck Hope.'"
sorry, but you voted for the cocaine head

Forum List

Back