We Spend Too Much On Defense/Military

Discussion in 'Military' started by sealybobo, Jan 21, 2009.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,223
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. MalibuMan

MalibuMan Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I disagree. We don't spend enough.

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,009
    We should spend 15 to 20 percent of our Budget on the military.

4. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,223
    How much is enough?

We spend more than the rest of the world combined and what do we have to justify that much spending?

This is just like healthcare. You guys will ignore the fact that it too has gotten out of control.

Do you have any idea how much money is stolen/fleeced from the American tax payer in the name of defense? A lot more than goes to welfare fraud.

Did you even read the op ed? Of course not.

So stop saying you are for a fiscal responsibility, balancing budgets or tax cuts, because with the kind of defense spending you think is acceptable, those other things are not possible.

So you conservatives live in a fantasy world. One where the government can spend 10 trillion dollars and yet still somehow get you a tax break? :cuckoo:

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Do you have any idea how much money is stolen/fleeced from the American taxpayer in the name of the US Government? A LOT more than you can claim as fraud by any other single entity.

So stop being the pot calling the kettle black. You're all for bailing out an industry for being a failure with tax dollars, but not defending this nation. Talk about your fantasy worlds ....

6. michiganFats

michiganFats BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +171
    We should spend as much as we need to spend. A lot of people forget that our military does far more than just fight. Our Navy is single-handedly responsible for keeping global shipping lanes open and (relatively) pirate free, our Air Force actually runs a space program that rivals NASA, and even though we may spend a lot of money on defense contracts, once those weapons are developed, they are sold all over the world for quite a bit of money. The case could be made that our military abilities result in a net gain for America and many other countries.

7. Mr. President

Mr. President BOARD PRESIDENT..carry on

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +290
    The people who say that we spend too much money on the military are the people not getting shot at.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,223
    Huh? Seems you agree with me here Gunny. You said, "do i have any idea how much is stolen from us in the name of the US Gov.".

That was my point exactly.

Here is my point Gunny. You guys bitch about welfare and at the same time, your party is stealing more through defense.

So when you hear welfare you think of crack mothers. When you hear defense you think of protecting our nation. That's how they sucker dummies like you into defending them when they fleece you, thru defense.

I don't like any government waste/fraud/corruption. I'm all for stopping welfare abuse.

My problem was trying to get guys like you on board to help stop waste/fraud/corruption thru defense spending. But for some reason, you don't want to stop that wasteful spending.

So don't ask for balanced budgets or surpluses or tax breaks. You don't really want/deserve them.

The government will continue to rob us through defense spending because you allow/defend it. And you bitched when Clinton gutted all that wasteful spending. Shame on him, huh? :cuckoo:

9. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    It's ok to give the failing car industry in a failing city and state billions but lets cut defense and military...because who the fuck needs them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,223
    See how loyal you guys are to the GOP. I love it. Even when they rip you off, you defend them. :clap2:

Michiganfats makes some good points, but that doesn't take away the fact that the GOP fleeced the treasury on a lot of bullshit/good old boy/buddy/no bid defense contracts.

I'm not talking ill of good defense contracts. I'm talking about bad ones. And you idiots are suggesting there are no bad defense contracts? :cuckoo:

One Pentagon good old boy was duped by a news reporter. The reporter acted like he might want to invest in their crappy car that flipped over at 30 mph. :lol: When the guy finally realized it was a reporter, he snapped. These were all ex military guys and I thought they were going to kill that reporter.

Because he exposed their scam. That contract is/was a waste of millions of dollars, and you all know it. But because he's friends with someone at the Pentagon or someone in the White House, he got the contract.

This happened a lot in the last 8 years. Probably billions fleeced in the name of defense.

I bet you more tax dollars are wasted/stolen through defense than are through welfare.