We should treat guns like we treat cars! Yeah!

"Their interpretation is authoritative, thus effectively creating law.
Where in the constution do they mention right at all? Only the BoR. Do you think only the rights enumerated in teh Constitution are the ones that count?

This is a losing argument for you. Give up while you're behind."
-------------

They do not create law. They negate laws that do not conform to the Constitution but they neither create laws nor make changes in the Constitution.

" Only the BoR..."
You have a problem with the BoR?

"This is a losing argument for you..."
What argument? I've just been stating the facts.

"Their interpretation is authoritative, thus effectively creating law.
Where in the constution do they mention right at all? Only the BoR. Do you think only the rights enumerated in teh Constitution are the ones that count?

This is a losing argument for you. Give up while you're behind."
-------------

They do not create law. They negate laws that do not conform to the Constitution but they neither create laws nor make changes in the Constitution.

" Only the BoR..."
You have a problem with the BoR?

"This is a losing argument for you..."
What argument? I've just been stating the facts.

You have not stated a single fact.

The Court created a right to privacy in Griswold that was nowhere in the Constitution. They created a right to abortion in Rowe that is nowhere in the constitution. In Miranda they created a procedure that is universally binding. The Court created an entire civil rights regime through multiple decisions starting wit Bakke that dictate what an institution must. can and cannot do when it comes to minorities.
If that isn't creating law I don't know what is.

Several times over the last several weeks, several people have presented an argument to the effect that ‘we require licenses and registration for cars, so we should do the same for guns’.

To this, I habitually respond:
-You don’t need a license to buy or own a car, or to operate it on private property
-You don’t need to register a car to own it or operate it on private property
-You don’t need a license to transport a car, nor register a car that you transport
-The only time you need a license is to operate a car on public property
-the only time you need to register a car is to operate it on public property

SO... if we have the same requirements for guns as we do for cars, as these posters gleefully suggest, the only time you need a license or register a gun is if you use it on public property.

This never receives a response.

:dunno:

Oh, please, guy. No one is going to take your pacifier away from you...

Seriously, gun nuts are like screaming babies.

gun_binky.jpg

Several times over the last several weeks, several people have presented an argument to the effect that ‘we require licenses and registration for cars, so we should do the same for guns’.

-You don’t need a license to buy or own a car, or to operate it on private property
-You don’t need a license to transport a car, nor register a car that you transport

SO... if we have the same requirements for guns as we do for cars, as these posters gleefully suggest, the only time you need a license or register a gun is if you use it on public property.

Thank you for wasting valuable bandwitdth.

Oh, please, guy. No one is going to take your (guns) away from you...

You are correct, nobody is going to take our firearms. Not in my lifetime. Of course, that doesn't mean Diane Feinstein isn't trying.

You are correct, nobody is going to take our firearms. Not in my lifetime. Of course, that doesn't mean Diane Feinstein isn't trying.
The only thing that keeps them at bay now is the fact they know its a losing issue, politically. The Obama wants to ban 'assault weapons', but knows better than to even metion it, much less try.

See, they'd rather keep their political power than "do the right thing".

Last edited:

gun_binky.jpg

I see, so you are suicidal and/or believe that your life is not worth defending. So do yourself in and leave the rest of us alone.

The only thing that keeps them at bay now is the fact they know its a losing issue, politically. The Obama wants to ban 'assault weapons', but knows better than to even metion it, much less try.

Actually, the problem is this issue is dominated by two groups of complete nutbags.

The nutbags who are afraid that anyone has a gun.

And the nutbags who think they need guns to protect themselves.

In between, there are a lot of sensible people who think that responsible people should be allowed to own guns, provided they are trained, licensed and behave themselves.

But realistically, you'll never be able to ban them. Too many already out there.

Realistically, you'll never be able to overthrow the government with them. So if you are one of these nutjobs who thinks that he needs a gun because there be black helicopters watching your house, you don't need a gun, you need medication.

Actually, the problem is this issue is dominated by two groups of complete nutbags.

In between, there are a lot of sensible people who think that responsible people should be allowed to own guns, provided they are trained, licensed and behave themselves.

But realistically, you'll never be able to ban them. Too many already out there.

Realistically, you'll never be able to overthrow the government with them. So if you are one of these nutjobs who thinks that he needs a gun because there be black helicopters watching your house, you don't need a gun, you need medication.

And then there are the nutbags who think eveyone else is a nutbag.
You should only be allowed free speech if you are trained, licensed, and behave yourself.

And then there are the nutbags who think eveyone else is a nutbag.
You should only be allowed free speech if you are trained, licensed, and behave yourself.

Are you like somewhat retarded? When have words ever killed anyone?

Gosh, the word "CHARGE!!!" has racked up a pretty good body count. Ownership of a firearm-by itself-has never killed anyone either. "Trained?" "Licensed?" "Behave?" The obvious question follows: To whose, or what, standards? The ability to set mandatory but impossible standards effectively abuses a persons' rights. Examples: a $4k poll tax to vote, must be male to get a driver's license, must be Iranian to drink from the fontain.

When have words ever killed anyone?

When has a firearm? I've been a gun owner, hunter and competitive shooter for nearly 40 years. I've never heard of a gun killing someone any more than I've heard about a baseball bat bashing someone's brains out. Pretty sure only people can do that.

When have words ever killed anyone?

When has a firearm? I've been a gun owner, hunter and competitive shooter for nearly 40 years. I've never heard of a gun killing someone any more than I've heard about a baseball bat bashing someone's brains out. Pretty sure only people can do that.

Assault Weapon Watch - Camera 1

I think I saw some movement there...or at least an evil intention. Better ban that thing just to be sure. It's for the children, don't cha know!

Assault Weapon Watch - Camera 1

I think I saw some movement there...or at least an evil intention. Better ban that thing just to be sure. It's for the children, don't cha know!

The Left should be concerned.

I have one that is GREEN with envy. :lol:

Treat Gun as we Treat cars? So you mean don't blame the Gun when someone shoots someone just like we don't blame the Car when someone runs someone over? lol

In between, there are a lot of sensible people who think that responsible people hould be allowed to own guns, provided they are trained, licensed and behave themselves.
Interesting thing, this supposition that gun crime is so bad that we need to restrict the rights of the law abiding to keep and bear arms, but not so bad that the law abiding might have some legitimate need for a firearm to protect themselves
Seems like some people, such as yourself, want it both ways. Convenient, and telling.

Oh, and I would like to thank you SO much for generously allowing me to exercise my right, so long as I meet some arbitraty standard you set. Tell me - what other rights do you suppose might people be "allowed" to exercise after meeting your standards? Do I get to set standards for the rights you would esercise?

Perhaps journalists should be licensed? How about Muslims? Oh I know - a three-day wait for an abortion?

Forum List

Back