We need only one culture!

Urban and rural ARE two different cultures. As they must be. Culture is defined by experience, and urban experience is markedly different from rural.

If you have high speed internet -- why would you need comic books? Other than to sell the ones your sister threw away?

Urban and rural ARE two different cultures. As they must be. Culture is defined by experience, and urban experience is markedly different from rural.

If you have high speed internet -- why would you need comic books? Other than to sell the ones your sister threw away?

I think segregation is boring! urban and rural culture should mix! I thinking having one giant monoculture instead of two segregated cultures is better.

Air drop comic books, video games, and iPods on these rural folks! I want to addict them to tech!

I think segregation is boring! urban and rural culture should mix! I thinking having one giant monoculture instead of two segregated cultures is better.

Can't be done.

When you live in an urban setting your life and how you go about it is completely different from that in a rural setting. In the urban setting if I feel like going out to eat I just take a 10-minute walk. In a rural setting it's a 16-mile drive just to get to a town. And so on.

I don't have any problem seeing why you struggle with the women Jake.

exactly what will comic books do for unifying culture?

Screw segregation and let's embrace a unified culture ... Bring your brush axe because we have fence rows to clean. You won't be bored ... Sleep will become more important than comic books.

There is nothing wrong with multiple cultures and cultural backgrounds in the US, it is what this country was based on, and what federalism allows to flourish at a state and local level.

The issue is one of identity, and when said identity overrules the ability for all of us to see ourselves as Americans first, not black Americans, or Irish Americans, or gay Americans, or redneck Americans, or hipster Americans.

Your "tribe" is something to be celebrated in the decor of your home, and your holidays, it shouldn't be the first thing you use to ID yourself, or a bludgeon to be used politically to get an advantage over another group with.

"Urban" and "rural" are matters of geography, not "segregation". You don't "segregate" things that aren't near each other in the first place.

Wait --- when you say "urban" and "rural" are you actually talking about race??

Forum List

Back