We mean no harm to your planet....

Don't have much use for cats myself.

That's too bad. I'll guess that you generically dislike cats and gave never built a relationship with one. They have a capacity to be loving, loyal and entertaining. They don't see you as a owner, they view you as a partner and they expect to see you hold up your end of the deal.

Humans have a (bad IMHO) tendency to view entire categories by the actions of the few. There are some TERRIBLE cats, destructive, even dangerous. But if you get a great cat - they are so comforting that they are recognized as extending peoples lives by nearly a decade. I've placed a few with depressed, elderly people and watched how they changed those people. From sad to happy, from isolated to loving.

I love my girls.

Hello. I am a refugee from another board, seeking solace and intelligent conversation.

I am politically open-minded, not attached to any one party. I left my previous board because of the constant rudeness and endless dogmatic dialog.

The purpose of being here is to learn things I don't already know and to present my thoughts and positions in a reasonable and articulate manner.

I am NOT here to exchange petty insults. I am an adult and wish to be treated as such - and I will do the same. Lets discuss the message, not the messenger.

My "hobby", if it can be called that, is cats - my own in particular and less fortunate cats in general. I am also a dedicated reader of Speculative Fiction.

I do engage in (intelligent) humor and appreciate that in others.

Well Bless you! Cats are wonderful companions. I have had cats in the past and now have a dog. Although, I would say, after having both cats and dogs, cats are companions, dogs are partners.

You won't find this board much different from your last. The liberals are vicious liars anywhere you go.

Interesting that we hold opposing views on the relationships of cats and dogs as companions and partners. My impression is that dogs accept their humans as the Alpha's while the cats view you as a minority shareholder.

Lying seems to be the strategy used by both sides. I think it does more harm than good. Once caught in any lie (as opposed to an error or an opinion©), the damage to your credibility can never be transcended.

I've never understood partisanship. How can you pick one party and then agree with everything on their platform? Unless you're a robot, you will see every topic as having its own outcome. Even more confusing is the presumption that Democrat = Liberal and Republican = Conservative. Unless, of course, you (not you personally - I'm using the generic you) a raving fanatic, some things will fall into one camp or another or even (frequently) neither.

My aversion to insults is mainly that they are an excuse to avoid intellectual debate. Calling me a moron won't win me over to your ideas. Instead, I'm much more impressed by rational argument and justification of the POV. I'm operating on the presumption that most people here are adults, and name calling is something that 12 year old kids use in lieu of actual thought process.

I've never understood partisanship. How can you pick one party and then agree with everything on their platform? Unless you're a robot, you will see every topic as having its own outcome. Even more confusing is the presumption that Democrat = Liberal and Republican = Conservative. Unless, of course, you (not you personally - I'm using the generic you) a raving fanatic, some things will fall into one camp or another or even (frequently) neither.
Partisanship has its' place when push comes to shove and only one party will triump. Mostly in the debates it comes down to liberal vs conservatives with libertarians as a wild card. Rudeness happens, sometimes difficult to refrain from with some individuals, especially if they consistently misrepresent you or what you said.

I do believe one side tends to move goal posts at will and rewrite history as the mood dictates. But it doesn't take long to figure out who's full of it, just like in real life.

My only problem with cats is with those that let them roam the neighborhood. Either it's a pet or it isn't. And I do appreciate my dogs realizing I'm the master, not for ego's sake but because I know what's better for them. Cats are a good low maintenance option though. Dogs need more attention than a lot of people realize.

Oh, and hi.

Don't have much use for cats myself.

That's too bad. I'll guess that you generically dislike cats and gave never built a relationship with one. They have a capacity to be loving, loyal and entertaining. They don't see you as a owner, they view you as a partner and they expect to see you hold up your end of the deal.

Humans have a (bad IMHO) tendency to view entire categories by the actions of the few. There are some TERRIBLE cats, destructive, even dangerous. But if you get a great cat - they are so comforting that they are recognized as extending peoples lives by nearly a decade. I've placed a few with depressed, elderly people and watched how they changed those people. From sad to happy, from isolated to loving.

I had a great cat that passed last week after being my little girl for over 21 years.
She was a blast, comforting, feisty, loyal, loving, protective and an absolute pleasure to be around. :D

Hello. I am a refugee from another board, seeking solace and intelligent conversation.

I am politically open-minded, not attached to any one party. I left my previous board because of the constant rudeness and endless dogmatic dialog.

The purpose of being here is to learn things I don't already know and to present my thoughts and positions in a reasonable and articulate manner.

I am NOT here to exchange petty insults. I am an adult and wish to be treated as such - and I will do the same. Lets discuss the message, not the messenger.

My "hobby", if it can be called that, is cats - my own in particular and less fortunate cats in general. I am also a dedicated reader of Speculative Fiction.

Your title says "we", your content says "I".

hmmmmm....

And pussy cats are very beloved here in USMB. Enjoy.

on this board no one can hear you scream.....

Your title says "we", your content says "I".

hmmmmm....

And pussy cats are very beloved here in USMB. Enjoy.

I'm a native of Tralfamadore and while we have no embassy (your planet is still quite primitive), I do Consular work such as issuing visas and billing America for foreign aid.

So, that's one reason for "WE".

Also, the cats are not just pets and friends. They are my advisers and translators. So, I wanted to be inclusive.

Meow.

My oldest girlcat is a total bitch to me, but she's also very loyal. She'll tear a new one on any dog coming near me, all 8 pounds of her. Hence I have no problems with the bitch part. Loyalty forgives just about anything.

She does, however, draw the line at my neighbor's St. Bernard. She let me know "That's not a dog, that's a slobbery bear."

Interesting that we hold opposing views on the relationships of cats and dogs as companions and partners. My impression is that dogs accept their humans as the Alpha's while the cats view you as a minority shareholder.

Lying seems to be the strategy used by both sides. I think it does more harm than good. Once caught in any lie (as opposed to an error or an opinion©), the damage to your credibility can never be transcended.

My aversion to insults is mainly that they are an excuse to avoid intellectual debate. Calling me a moron won't win me over to your ideas. Instead, I'm much more impressed by rational argument and justification of the POV. I'm operating on the presumption that most people here are adults, and name calling is something that 12 year old kids use in lieu of actual thought process.

I see you are getting acquainted with some of our trolls....and you hit the nail on the head...:eusa_whistle:

Cats B Tasty

Oh yes, very tasty

Negged

Neg me and your cat gets it!

I've got a cat for you......don't dare me......

67198_attack-of-the-big-cats_ugua3tyjidoroz5v76c7zv3olhncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_950x631.jpg

Thanks all of you. I do feel welcomed here and I'll try not to get my panties in a bunch if someone tells me what a dipshit I am because I had an opinion about something or the other.

Here is the story from which I lifted my screen name.
Down the Digestive Tract and into the Cosmos with Mantra, Tantra, and Specklebang

And here is my "hobby" (there are NO ads or links of any kind on my webpages):
Many Splendid Cats - Advocacy For Exceptional Cats In Imminent Danger

And here is a photo of the 3 best cats in the world.
3MEOWSBEDTIME-1.jpg

Thanks all of you. I do feel welcomed here and I'll try not to get my panties in a bunch if someone tells me what a dipshit I am because I had an opinion about something or the other.

Here is the story from which I lifted my screen name.
Down the Digestive Tract and into the Cosmos with Mantra, Tantra, and Specklebang

And here is my "hobby" (there are NO ads or links of any kind on my webpages):
Many Splendid Cats - Advocacy For Exceptional Cats In Imminent Danger

And here is a photo of the 3 best cats in the world.
3MEOWSBEDTIME-1.jpg

Ummmm. Midnight snacks

Forum List

Back