We freed Iraq from "Saddam". Who will free us from "Corporations"?

R

rdean

In this country, the people with money win. Corporations want Republicans in office and the reason is clear. Remember, these are people who held millions of unemployed hostage to push tax cuts that benefited the rich.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Now that's from the Christian Science Monitor, not some left wing rag.

Take the BP "spill". Obama got 20 billion from BP to clean up their mess. Republicans apologized to BP and to show the sincerity of their apology, they blocked Obama from any investigation.

Subpoena power in BP oil spill investigation blocked by Senate Republicans

See what "less regulations" gets you?

Republican Donor Simmons Seeks Rule to Fill Texas Nuclear Waste Dump - Businessweek

Republicans say corporations are better than unions. Unions are fighting for benefits, retirement, health care. Corporations are fighting for dirty air and water, nuclear waste dumps, poison, birth defects. It has to be indoctrination that makes Republicans support such destructive policies.

The worst part of all, Republicans wanted the cost of the BP cleanup to be moved to the middle class. It's why they said corporations shouldn't have to pay for "accidents". Then who pays? If not those who created that "accident"?

Republican billionaires want laws that will limit what they have to pay for their disasters. USMB Republicans agree. They seem to believe that making people who harm the country pay for their damage IS the damage.

And you think you are safe? Think again:

Homeowners losers in high court ruling | Government free to take property at any time

In a scathing dissent, Justice Sandra Day O'Connor said the decision bowed to the rich and powerful at the expense of middle-class Americans.

In dissent, O'Connor criticized the majority for abandoning the conservative principle of individual property rights and handing "disproportionate influence and power" to the well-heeled.

"The specter of condemnation hangs over all property," O'Connor wrote. "Nothing is to prevent the state from replacing any Motel 6 with a Ritz-Carlton, any home with a shopping mall, or any farm with a factory."

The swing vote was Reagan appointee Justice Anthony Kennedy.

If the average American lose the power to protect their country, then we've lost our liberty. Only Republicans aren't concerned with liberty lost to corporations. And that makes both Republicans and Corporations dangerous.

I don't want to be freed from corporations. I like mine just fine. It pays me well, provides health insurance and retirement bennies.

Hope it takes care of XxxxBut I guess that's a small price to pay.
Don't directly mention someone's family when trying to make a point

Obama will free us from corporations. We'll all be bankrupt by the time he's finished.

I know none of you people read any of the links. I read the very few links right wingers provide because I do have an open mind. But I know bullshit when I read it. That's why I disagree with the right wing. Not because I like to be disagreeable, but because their policies are destructive. And look at the links. They aren't "crazy left wing" links. The Christian Science Monitor? Not left wing.
My opinion of most the USMB right wing is pathetic. And they enforce that opinion every day.

I know none of you people read any of the links. I read the very few links right wingers provide because I do have an open mind. But I know bullshit when I read it. That's why I disagree with the right wing. Not because I like to be disagreeable, but because their policies are destructive. And look at the links. They aren't "crazy left wing" links. The Christian Science Monitor? Not left wing.
My opinion of most the USMB right wing is pathetic. And they enforce that opinion every day.

I think I may cry now that I know you think so lowly of me.

Ps. I don't read YOUR links cause your a retard.

rderp's thread headline equates American corporations with Saddam's regime.

But rderp thinks we should take his bullshit seriously and bother to read his links?

When American corporations put people into wood chippers, his analogy will have its very first hint of credibility. Until then, rderp remains a partisan hack cheap-ass useless propagandist without the first shred of integrity.

No they don't. You haven't heard of Citizen's United? You can give anything you want to a PAC. If you think there's no communication between them and candidates, I have a bridge to sell you.

Yes Citizens United is a first amendement decision about a movie.

Incorporation doesn't trump my right to free speech in print or airwaves.

Forum List

Back