We Don’t Need No Frosty Sparky Cars

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Every time a bell rings, a new conservative gets their wings. I’m trying to be an optimist this new year.

1641372819088.png

There was a bunch of people worried about sitting in the cold. There was a bunch of people who did.

Most weather related deaths are from cold.
Imagine 30,000 electric vehicles stranded on a frozen road with dead batteries with no help available for days
Leftist utopia.

Why should I imagine that? We do not live based upon Apocalyptical scenarios that aren't going to happen. As I've already noted, the ICE cars aren't running in that scenario either and it's not something owners of either really have to consider.

Why should I imagine that? We do not live based upon Apocalyptical scenarios that aren't going to happen. As I've already noted, the ICE cars aren't running in that scenario either and it's not something owners of either really have to consider.
No laws to make ALL car and truck sales EV?
Ignoramus.

Most weather related deaths are from cold.
Imagine 30,000 electric vehicles stranded on a frozen road with dead batteries with no help available for days
Leftist utopia.
Like regular cars can’t run out of fuel! What kind of faulty logic are you trying to pull on us? That may work in righty circles but…

Gas and diesel are much more portable and stations on main roads are common enough that cars out of fuel can be back on the road in an hour, and more cheaply than buying say 10 miles of extension cables for your precious Federally subsidized PC Tesla, one that isn't paying a penny to maintain the roads it's tooling around on while its owners are trying to look cool and impressed with themselves.

Gas and diesel are much more portable and stations on main roads are common enough that cars out of fuel can be back on the road in an hour, and more cheaply than buying say 10 miles of extension cables for your precious Federally subsidized PC Tesla, one that isn't paying a penny to maintain the roads it's tooling around on while its owners are trying to look cool and impressed with themselves.

New electric vehicle charging research could allow drivers to power their cars as they drive on the highway.

The difference is an ICE vehicle creates heat as a byproduct of the combustion process. Electric vehicles need to generate it themselves.

If it's not running, it creates nothing. EV's will warm up even without running.

But that still drains the battery (are you really that dense?)

As someone said above, an idling car with a full tank can run for a day wit the heater going. Hell, you can stretch that out by running the care for 15-20 min every hour to keep in some heat and save gas.

Heating via electricity requires resistance coils, which are basically energy dumps from electricity to heat, and require more battery hours per hour than you think.

But that still drains the battery (are you really that dense?)

As someone said above, an idling car with a full tank can run for a day wit the heater going. Hell, you can stretch that out by running the care for 15-20 min every hour to keep in some heat and save gas.

Heating via electricity requires resistance coils, which are basically energy dumps from electricity to heat, and require more battery hours per hour than you think.

An EV works the same way. If you can drive one for 300 miles how long do you suppose the battery would last just running the heater?

Forum List

Back