We Don’t Need No Frosty Sparky Cars

An EV works the same way. If you can drive one for 300 miles how long do you suppose the battery would last just running the heater?
Tesla says a fully charged battery can heat your car for 12 hours. Since being fully charged is unlikely you can always do an Apollo 13 and try to maintain 20 degrees!

Welcome to the future of Leftardism!

The man in the OP embraced the future of Leftardism and his child almost died from being frozen to death as a result.

I got this email that told me that if I didn't forward it to 10 people that................................

Tesla says a fully charged battery can heat your car for 12 hours. Since being fully charged is unlikely you can always do an Apollo 13 and try to maintain 20 degrees!

A car with a 1/4 tank doesn't last that long.

And Tesla does not say this.

The difference is an ICE vehicle creates heat as a byproduct of the combustion process. Electric vehicles need to generate it themselves.

Pointing out the obvious isn't fair; you're supposed to feel all chastised n stuff cuz 'global warming'. These gimps want a death penalty for idling your cars in extreme weather, cuz you might gas some endangered squirrel or something.

A fully charged EV and a 1/4 full gas car are equivalent.
Thanks for validating the point of the OP.

Get rid of that utterly stupid and useless ethanol requirement and it requires even less gas and creates less pollution to boot, plus we save a lot of farmland for growing food for humans.

I can idle my car for a day running the heater full blast.
EV? Maybe 2 hours if fully charged.
Another stupid liar. It takes one to two kwh's per hour to heat an EV. With a fully charged Tesla S, that is 4 days worth of heating at low heat. Your gas tank is not going to get you that., You guys are such lying assholes.

The difference is an ICE vehicle creates heat as a byproduct of the combustion process. Electric vehicles need to generate it themselves.
The difference is that an EV does not waste most of that heat out the tailpipe. A fully charged EV, Tesla S, could keep the car at low heat for four days. Far longer than your ICE.

You mean you ignore the fact that California and NY have laws banning sales of ICE vehicles by the mid 2030's?
And that is a good thing. Not that anyone will want one by that time. The EV's will be so superior by 2035 that ICE vehicles will have the same status as a horse and buggy does today.

The man in the OP embraced the future of Leftardism and his child almost died from being frozen to death as a result.
So the fellow that ran out of gas embraced fossil fuels and his child almost died as a result. God, you continue to be one dumb fuck. You look at the weather forecasts before you take a trip, and make sure you are adequately prepared, no matter what you are driving.

More lies.
Talk to the man with the freezing child. You can notify him.
You can notify your silly ass. Whether you have an EV or ICE, you make sure you are prepared for likely possibilities. I read about that storm easily two days before it occurred. The fact that the owner of vehicle, EV or ICE, did not prepare for his trip is not a defect of the vehicle.

Forum List

Back