We DESPERATELY need REAL term limits.

When this dog and pony show was created politicians didn't have to worry about looking good on camera for the news, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter or any of the other instant info distractions these people pander to now.
Back then news could take days or weeks to filter back to the people. As a result the politicians of old had the ability to FOCUS ON THEIR JOBS rather than playing these games for instant gratification on the evening news.
Social Media has forever changed our political canvas and we are oblivious to it.

We need term limits and probably a few other minor tweaks to our system to keep it up with the reality of the times we live in.

I agree that term limits are needed; I have been saying this for nearly four decades.

I do have my own reasoning for my belief that term limits are needed but my reasoning does not align with your reasoning.

IMO every elected office should have a two term limit, no matter the office.

America needs to take the concept of a career OUT of politics, period.

There should be NO 'career politicians.'

Being a politician is 'public service' but for some reason we have allowed being a politician to become a career & that is just crap.
I agree with you but your logic about me is part of this nations problem. You THINK just because I am a righty that your reasoning and my reasoning could never align.
You just demonstrated a failure of your own partisanship

We already have term limits. They're called elections.

Are you implying that because voters are stupid, or are so lazy they don't even bother to come out to vote, therefore it should be taken out of their hands?

Maybe you have a point, but the Supreme Court needs them, say 20 years.
I think an age limit could also be applied for ALL positions.

Mental Sharpness Begins to Decline in Middle-Age

Say 70. We need the oldies to show the young ones what to do. They have on the job training.
70 sounds like a good number to me. I would say 75 at the oldest.

When this dog and pony show was created politicians didn't have to worry about looking good on camera for the news, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter or any of the other instant info distractions these people pander to now.
Back then news could take days or weeks to filter back to the people. As a result the politicians of old had the ability to FOCUS ON THEIR JOBS rather than playing these games for instant gratification on the evening news.
Social Media has forever changed our political canvas and we are oblivious to it.

We need term limits and probably a few other minor tweaks to our system to keep it up with the reality of the times we live in.

What we need is an electorate that gives a shit. If we had that, term limits would take care of themselves.

What we need is an electorate that gives a shit. If we had that, term limits would take care of themselves.
More pie in the sky fantasy nonsense. That will NEVER happen so how bout we deal with the reality that is in front of us?

More pie in the sky fantasy nonsense. That will NEVER happen so how bout we deal with the reality that is in front of us?

Term limits will never happen as they would have to be voted into place by the very people that would be affected by them. What are the chances that will happen?

I agree that term limits are needed; I have been saying this for nearly four decades.

I do have my own reasoning for my belief that term limits are needed but my reasoning does not align with your reasoning.

Being a politician is 'public service' but for some reason we have allowed being a politician to become a career & that is just crap.
I agree with you but your logic about me is part of this nations problem. You THINK just because I am a righty that your reasoning and my reasoning could never align.

You reasoning mentions 'social media' and politicians not having to be concerned about "looking good on camera for .........."

That isn't my concern, nor a basis for my reasoning why I believe term limits are needed.

If you believe there is minutely any partisanship involved in any of that then you really have no business bloviating.

Well the Brit high court judges have to retire at 62

You reasoning mentions 'social media' and politicians not having to be concerned about "looking good on camera for .........."

That isn't my concern, nor a basis for my reasoning why I believe term limits are needed.

If you believe there is minutely any partisanship involved in any of that then you really have no business bloviating.
That isn't my reasoning it is an example out of many for why our current system is failing the voters.

Tunnel vision is bad mkayyy.

IMG_1629.jpg

That will never happen.

That isn't my reasoning it is an example out of many for why our current system is failing the voters.

View attachment 218081

It was the ONLY reasoning that YOU mentioned.

And without that, no other changes are going to work.

View attachment 218081

So when I posted about our moon the other day did that mean I though there were no other celestial bodies?

Yep, and that seems to be less and less likely every year that passes

View attachment 218081

So when I posted about our moon the other day did that mean I though there were no other celestial bodies?

I don't know what you are referring to & that has nothing to do with this thread but great derail.

We already have term limits. They're called elections.

Are you implying that because voters are stupid, or are so lazy they don't even bother to come out to vote, therefore it should be taken out of their hands?

Maybe you have a point, but the Supreme Court needs them, say 20 years.
I think an age limit could also be applied for ALL positions.

Mental Sharpness Begins to Decline in Middle-Age

Thanks Gramps, hold my calls while i go eat worms......~S~

Yep, and that seems to be less and less likely every year that passes

I have faith in future generations.

Are you familiar w/the 28th amendment Gramps?

~S~

View attachment 218081

I don't know what you are referring to & that has nothing to do with this thread but great derail.
You seem to think that if someone doesn't mention every possibility with every post that they don't acknowledge such possibilities exist.

You are going to every length to find a reason to argue the logic I offered. Bottom line is my listed reason is only ONE OF MANY. And I have discussed the others at various times throughout my time here.

Your tiny mind just can't fathom that you might actually align with someone from the opposite party so you have to put binoculars up to your face to make sure you miss all the possible signs of mutual agreements.

You are a fairly well know hack on this board so it doesn't surprise me but you are boring me at this point so it is time to move on.

View attachment 218081

You seem to think that if someone doesn't mention every possibility with every post that they don't acknowledge such possibilities exist.

You are going to every length to find a reason to argue the logic I offered. Bottom line is my listed reason is only ONE OF MANY. And I have discussed the others at various times throughout my time here.

Your tiny mind just can't fathom that you might actually align with someone from the opposite party so you have to put binoculars up to your face to make sure you miss all the possible signs of mutual agreements.

You are a fairly well know hack on this board so it doesn't surprise me but you are boring me at this point so it is time to move on.

Your first reply to me was accusing me of being, "partisan" which we know is complete BS.
I mentioned nothing that could be remotely construed as being 'partisan.'
If you cannot debate the fine points that YOU claim then you cannot debate any thing.
Of course, you are well adapt at making sensational & unsubstantiated allegations.

Forum List

Back