we could survive slavery, we could survive Jim Crow, but we could not survive ......

Brutus

Feb 17, 2011
progressive leftist welfare programs"

That is quote from black economics professor Walther Williams from a Rush Limbaugh radio show he hosted a while ago. Can anyone help me figure out what he meant. Thanks

He's wrong. we will survive them.

Those who are dependent on government might not though.

He's wrong. we will survive them.

Those who are dependent on government might not though.

ah but the liberals are hard at work every second of ever day buying votes with promises of more and more welfare programs and more and more dependency

Unemployment is pretty easy on folks allowing them to wait for the cush job I agree.

Brutus, would you support a system more like the big government land grants on the 19th century?

Perhaps the modern grants would be like you take uneremployment tyoe work anyplace we will subsidize your income for a year?

Unemployment is pretty easy on folks allowing them to wait for the cush job I agree.

what are you talking about????????????
Brutus, would you support a system more like the big government land grants on the 19th century?

where would you get the land exactly without a time machine??????

Perhaps the modern grants would be like you take uneremployment tyoe work anyplace we will subsidize your income for a year?

what??????

Excuse me if I sound racist but why do african americans always go back to the slavery issue, first of all, they weren't the only people in history to be enslaved. At one time or another every race in existence has been under forced enslavement, but you don't hear anyone else refering to slavery for any reason. And besides it may have gotten pretty bad as a slave in early america but it wasn't as if they were being lined up and forced to fight for their lives against unsurmountable odds for instance as the gladiators from ancient rome, most of them started out as slaves. In fact if I were black I would be proud of my slavery heritage, the only reason they were used in america was because they were stronger, more resistant to disease, and they did better work. Bottom line we've all been slaves before, african americans were nothing special, except they were the best workers. A reputation that seems to have taken quite a blow as of late.

Excuse me if I sound racist but why do african americans always go back to the slavery issue, first of all, they weren't the only people in history to be enslaved. At one time or another every race in existence has been under forced enslavement, but you don't hear anyone else refering to slavery for any reason. And besides it may have gotten pretty bad as a slave in early america but it wasn't as if they were being lined up and forced to fight for their lives against unsurmountable odds for instance as the gladiators from ancient rome, most of them started out as slaves. In fact if I were black I would be proud of my slavery heritage, the only reason they were used in america was because they were stronger, more resistant to disease, and they did better work. Bottom line we've all been slaves before, african americans were nothing special, except they were the best workers. A reputation that seems to have taken quite a blow as of late.

Has to do with segregation and overhearing racist white folks in bars.

Why did grandparents still identify with the mother country they never stepped foot in? Because they grew up in a ghetto full of one minority translating for their parents.

Our inability to assimilate the black man into culture and isolate him in ghettos thanks to white flight is amazing.

Has to do with segregation and overhearing racist white folks in bars.

Why did grandparents still identify with the mother country they never stepped foot in? Because they grew up in a ghetto full of one minority translating for their parents.

Our inability to assimilate the black man into culture and isolate him in ghettos thanks to white flight is amazing.

The black man doesn't want to assimilate because that would mean being an Uncle Tom.

Yes sir. I will split it with you.

How about "As it is difficult to want to be part of a culture which ridicules you the black man resists blending into the larger American culture"

How about "As it is difficult to want to be part of a culture which ridicules you the black man resists blending into the larger American culture"

Everybody else, other then Muslims, have had no problem assimulating.

So what do you think is the problem?

Could it be that massive chip on their shoulder?

The slavery thing here, on this ground could give folks one hell of a chip. Really i think its a smaller chip than you would think. Just the type of thing that makes it easier to stay in bed in the morning instead of going to work.

Rather like one could be only a normally jealous man but let that fella marry a hot gal who has a reputation and suddenly he is looking over his shoulder.

Actually, Muslims have done a better job assimilating than most Americans. They have a higher standard of living, are more educated and pay more in taxes than average middle class Americans

welfare programs"

That is quote from black economics professor Walther Williams from a Rush Limbaugh radio show he hosted a while ago. Can anyone help me figure out what he meant. Thanks

He means that liberal policies of done more harm to black Americans then anything that has come before it. The breaking down of the family, out of wedlock birthrate, highshcool drop out rate, abortion rate, even during slavery and segreation the black family was strong, now look at the inner city black population. This is what Walter Williams is saying.

welfare programs"

Welfare creates a lazy class and it destroys the will and morale of the blacks. Slavery and mistreatment, while wrong, gave them resolve and the will to perservere.

Actually, Muslims have done a better job assimilating than most Americans. They have a higher standard of living, are more educated and pay more in taxes than average middle class Americans

Doesn't mean they melted into American society.

Many live in little enclaves all over the US.

welfare programs"

The problem with black America is not social programs or racism...it is cultural. The predominant black culture has allowed its family structure to break down. 70% of black children are born to single mothers, a large proportion of black men are unemployed or in prison, education is not cherished or admired.

None of these problems can be solved by the government. Until black society stands up and insists on higher standards from its members, it will always be an economic drain on society

The slavery thing here, on this ground could give folks one hell of a chip. Really i think its a smaller chip than you would think. Just the type of thing that makes it easier to stay in bed in the morning instead of going to work.

Rather like one could be only a normally jealous man but let that fella marry a hot gal who has a reputation and suddenly he is looking over his shoulder.

I don't see any slavery here.

Slavery is kept alive with the help of racist pastors in black churches.

It's all in their collective mind-set.

welfare programs"

The problem with black America is not social programs or racism...it is cultural. The predominant black culture has allowed its family structure to break down. 70% of black children are born to single mothers, a large proportion of black men are unemployed or in prison, education is not cherished or admired.

None of these problems can be solved by the government. Until black society stands up and insists on higher standards from its members, it will always be an economic drain on society

Or they could just drop the fasade that is "I'm BLACK" and join the rest of the human-race.

welfare programs"

Or they could just drop the fasade that is "I'm BLACK" and join the rest of the human-race.

Historicaly, it is the rest of the human race that made the distinction of them being black

Forum List

Back