we are in real trouble...

Did anyone else hear the following, starting at 0:40 on that youtube vid?

And I think courts would be wrong to strike down laws that are senseless,
just because they're senseless.

I'm not so sure I want a Supreme Court that would allow "senseless" laws to STAND...

I'm not so sure I want a Supreme Court that would allow "senseless" laws to STAND...

That is because you don't understand the job of the SCOTUS. Their ENTIRE job is to rule on the constitutionality of laws, not do they make sense, not do most Americans want them, NOTHING but ARE THEY CONSTITUTIONAL

Actually, that's the job of the jury, but the judicial oligarchy doesn't want the hoi polloy to know that.

Fully Informed Jury Association

you continue to force us to educate and medicate and incarcerate illegals.

I'm not collecting the funds, supporting mandatory hospital treatment laws, or supporting incarcerating illegals.

Republicans agree with the taxation system to exploit you, most of the government programs that fund leeches is supported and enacted by Republicans and numerous people here (and Republicans in general) support incarcerating illegals.

Fail.

wrong! it is not a fail.

Angry_child.jpg

The "Am not!!" defense

:rofl:

Settle down , damn some of you are so stubborn and or dumb it's unbelievable.

She said EXACTLY what we should all want to hear. She said the Court's job is NOT to decide based on whether they think a law is dumb or not, but rather to make their decisions based on the constitutionality of the law.

I don't think that was what she said.

About the only answer I recall is that she didn't think the court should rule based on whether or not the law was stupid.

Come to think of it, we have a lot of "stupid Laws" that I understand are still on the books.

List of Stupid Laws of America and Around the World.

Here's some from my native state:

CALIFORNIA Stupid Laws

It is illegal to give or receive oral sex.

In Cerritos, all dog waste must be removed from any yard within seven days.

In California, It is illegal to duck hunt while flying in an airplane.

In Los Angeles, customers in meat markets are prohibited from poking a turkey to see how tender it is.

It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.

Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.

In Los Angeles, you can be fined for bathing two babies in the same tub at the same time.

Under California state law, it is illegal to peel an orange in a hotel room.

In Los Angeles a man is legally entitled to beat his wife with a leather belt or strap, but the belt can't be wider than 2 inches, unless he has his wife's consent to beat her with a wider strap.

In Baldwin Park, nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.

In San Francisco, it is illegal to spray people's clothing with saliva spewed out of your mouth.

You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.

In Blythe you are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least 2 cows.

In Berkeley, California, it's against the law to whistle for your lost canary before 7 A.M.

Women may not drive in a house coat.

The owners of houses with Christmas lights on them past February second may be fined up to $250.

In California, community leaders passed an ordinance that makes it illegal for anyone to try and stop a child from playfully jumping over puddles of water.

Bowling on the sidewalk is illegal in Chico, CA.

And my home state:

FLORIDA Stupid Laws

In Florida, a special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.

Oral sex is illegal in Florida.

One may not commit any “unnatural acts” with another person.

It is illegal to sell your children in Florida.

You may not kiss your wife’s breasts.

When having sex, only the missionary position is legal in Florida.

If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.

Penalty for horse theft is death by hanging.

In Sarasota Florida it is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit

Unmarried couples may not commit “lewd acts” and live together in the same residence.

It is illegal to have sexual relations with a porcupine in Florida.

You may not fart in a public place after 6 P.

Crap! I'm a criminal!

Me neither!! NO FAMILY.

~Dude

Settle down , damn some of you are so stubborn and or dumb it's unbelievable.

She said EXACTLY what we should all want to hear. She said the Court's job is NOT to decide based on whether they think a law is dumb or not, but rather to make their decisions based on the constitutionality of the law.

About the only answer I recall is that she didn't think the court should rule based on whether or not the law was stupid.

Come to think of it, we have a lot of "stupid Laws" that I understand are still on the books.

And my home state:

FLORIDA Stupid Laws

In Florida, a special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.

Oral sex is illegal in Florida.

One may not commit any “unnatural acts” with another person.

It is illegal to sell your children in Florida.

You may not kiss your wife’s breasts.

When having sex, only the missionary position is legal in Florida.

If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.

Penalty for horse theft is death by hanging.

In Sarasota Florida it is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit

Unmarried couples may not commit “lewd acts” and live together in the same residence.

It is illegal to have sexual relations with a porcupine in Florida.

You may not fart in a public place after 6 P.

Crap! I'm a criminal!

Me neither!! I also kissed your wifes droopies:lol:

You lie. You've never seen real life boobs.

And my home state:

Crap! I'm a criminal!

Me neither!! I also kissed your wifes droopies:lol:

You lie. You've never seen real life boobs.

Of course I have. You're not the only one in the world.

The video ends before she answers the question. Could we see the rest of her response before deciding we should all panic and blame someone again?
I agree.

The Senator was asking for a yes or no answer to a question which requires some discussion to effectively comprehend. E.g., what would be the purpose of such a law? And until that question is answered the Senator's question remains rather incomplete.

What did you think, that the most radically Left president ever would appoint a conservative? Elections have consequences, There is a difference between the 2 parties, and this is it. The Liberals don't like our constitution and want to change it. With out actually passing amendments, Republicans used to anyways, want to protect it.

Now the only people talking about is the Tea Party.

God help us indeed.

Forum List

Back