Way to Go Jimbo.Your idiotic decision cost the niners their first lost in a superbowl

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
Dont get me wrong here.Jim Harbaugh like his brother is an excellent coach.He turned the 49 franchise around in just his first year.All coaches make mistakes though and this one will go down as his most idiotic ever.

Benching Alex Smith at the halfway point of the year was just plain stupid and absurd.He only helped them get to their first NFC championship game in years last year.They would have won as well if not for a couple of botched drop punt kickoffs by their returner last year.

It did not take a genius to know that Kapernicks inexperince would show up in this game and he would make a costly mistake like the interception. Jim Harbough was just playing to GO to the superbowl,Not playing to win.If your going to play to WIN,you start Alex Smith and dont bench him in the middle of the year.He only helped you major big tiem last year get to the NFC championship game.:cuckoo: He would not have been nervous and innaccurate like Kapernick was in the first half having the experience playing in the league for years now and being in the NFC championship game last year as well.

I have no problem with Kapernick being the starter for the franchise in the future.But you dont insert him in the MIDDLE of the year and expect to him to go out and be able to handle an experienced Ravens team that is very physical on defense and WIN the superbowl.Thats just not being realistic no matter how talented and accurate your quarterback is.The jitters were there and his inexperience emerged at the goal line late in the game in the second half being indecisive decidng to slide instead of tucking the ball down and running for the touchdown like he should have.

You started Smith,a proven starter at the beginning of the year,you need to stick with him till the end of the year instead of being a jerk benching him due to an injury especially when he was playing well.You want kapernick as a starter? then fine,let Smith finish out the year and go with the experienced guy who is not going to have the jitters and panic and make costly mistakes and bad throws and gives you the BEST chance to win the superbowl,and NEXT year,go with Kapernick as your starter.

It takes at least a full year for a quarterback to learn from his mistakes to be able to to be ready for the big game to win it all.Kapernick,a quarterback who was still learning,simply wasnt up to the task and ready yet.Had he started him at the beggining of the year,he would have at least been more prepared and learned from the many mistakes he made during the course of the full year.

as the announcers were saying,they came back down by a huge margin against the Falcons but this was the Ravens.A much beffer and far more physical defense than the falcons.

as you can see in this link below,I called it that The niners would lose this game because this really was the first time in the playoffs,that Kapernick had to face a GOOD defense and like I said,he simply wasnt up to the task.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/sports/267171-nfl-playoffs-new-orleans-bound-16.html

I got to say I even amaze myself that I called this game exactly the way it would turn out.That the Ravens would win the game with The niners having the ball at the end having a chance to do so but Kapernicks inexperience would cost them.My prediction of course wouldnt have been accurate of course though if there had not been a power outage.That clearly helped the niners regroup and took away the momentum of the ravens and took them a while to regroup after that.

Last edited:
niner fans should be pissed at him because he is the one they can blame for this loss his stupid decision that backfired.

Forum List

Back