Wave: GOP Voters At All-Time High...

Who cares? GOP candidates need to win over Independents, not more wingnuts

And history says that Independents break for the challenger especially in a bad economic environment.

either you believe the spin on this, or you are pushing spin without knowing it. Why are you leaving out what all the data shows on this? Is it because you are just posting what you've read without fully understanding?

Independents break for? Especially? History says?

The data shows. Sometimes. History, what history?

clue: post addresses 'Independents' and paulitician reads what into it?

this is what a Ron Paul/Rand Paul follower thinks is critical thinking : reading imaginary extra words and arguments into simple, direct statements

And history says that Independents break for the challenger especially in a bad economic environment.

either you believe the spin on this, or you are pushing spin without knowing it. Why are you leaving out what all the data shows on this? Is it because you are just posting what you've read without fully understanding?

this is what a Ron Paul/Rand Paul follower thinks is critical thinking : reading imaginary extra words and arguments into simple, direct statements

There you go again. Getting all hysterical. Look pea brain, the Conventional Wisdom overall actually says your Dear Leader will be reelected. So there's no need to cry hysterically over this. Get a grip on yourself for God's sake. SHEESH!

I don't know how it correlates, but the article I just posted on "Who Killed Hope" shows that democrats are much less enthusiastic about voting this year than in 2008 and the Republicans are the opposite by almost the same numbers.

That can't bode well for Obama.

Although useless to the argument, I'll just point out that I have talked to several people who were on the fence who are now going for Romney based on what they saw at the convention. As one put it, they simply needed an excuse to not vote for Obama.

We just about two months away !

Randian nitwits: they've taken over USMB for the short term. When they lose, they'll slither away and lick their self-inflicted wounds

Randian nitwits: they've taken over USMB for the short term. When they lose, they'll slither away and lick their self-inflicted wounds

Nah, that's just wishful thinking coming from an ignorant little twat. ;)

I don't know how it correlates, but the article I just posted on "Who Killed Hope" shows that democrats are much less enthusiastic about voting this year than in 2008 and the Republicans are the opposite by almost the same numbers.

Although useless to the argument, I'll just point out that I have talked to several people who were on the fence who are now going for Romney based on what they saw at the convention. As one put it, they simply needed an excuse to not vote for Obama.

Super PACs will try to buy the minds of the general electorate as they did in the GOP primaries, but I think general election Independents (of which I am one now -- but made up my mind earlier) are smarter than GOP primary voters, the base.

I was giving Romney a serious look and what he did in the GOP primaries turned me into an Obama backer. I voted Clinton in 2008 and McCain in 2008.

lost of Independents will move with me. Romney is just too plastic and empty and sleazy

Super PACs will try to buy the minds of the general electorate as they did in the GOP primaries, but I think general election Independents (of which I am one now -- but made up my mind earlier) are smarter than GOP primary voters, the base.

I was giving Romney a serious look and what he did in the GOP primaries turned me into an Obama backer. I voted Clinton in 2008 and McCain in 2008.

lost of Independents will move with me. Romney is just too plastic and empty and sleazy

You're such a liar. :lol:

that's just it. people like you live in small, closed worlds,

facts are facts. your world view is only a mirage

I voted Clinton in 2008 and McCain in 2008.
Basically democrat both years.

*chuckles*

I remember arguing with the Lead Engineer that year.

"Who you voting for?"
"Does it matter? Both candidates are democrats"
"John was tortured for his country. He'd be a fine president!"
"It took torture to turn him democrat? I'll be damned"

He laughed... And let it go at that.

that's just it. people like you live in small, closed worlds,

facts are facts. your world view is only a mirage

Nah, you're just a lying douche. And most others here know that. You lost your cred a long time ago. You're no longer believable. It is what it is.

Will this be the last time an all white party can win?

Republicans are 90% white and practicing voter suppression and undermining democracy. Will it continue to work? And what will happen to democracy if the "win" through such tactics?

I voted Clinton in 2008 and McCain in 2008.
Basically democrat both years.

*chuckles*

I remember arguing with the Lead Engineer that year.

"Who you voting for?"
"Does it matter? Both candidates are democrats"
"John was tortured for his country. He'd be a fine president!"
"It took torture to turn him democrat? I'll be damned"

He laughed... And let it go at that.

but wingnuts and Randian nitwits refuse to acknowledge anything that conflicts with their lunatic world view:

:eusa_whistle:

I didn't vote for Obama...twice.

But that was what the GOP did with CLinton. They talked about what Clinton did with everything. I was only pointing out a comparison, not an excuse for what Obama might have done wrong.

The right engaged in mentioning Clinton only as a cover for Bush. I did not mention Bush as a cover for Obama's actions, did I?

I did not compare Bush and Obama and Obama was not my choice for either DNC Presidential candidate or for President.

I did compare the actions of a self professed compassionate conservative, Bush, who you excuse for later on doing what was expected...the norm..nothing exceptional, with the swift response of Obama on his first crisis of this nature.

btw, what was it such big news that Bush insisted he was a compassionate conservative? could it be an acknowledgement on his part that conservatives historically lacked compassion?

Let me see, they elected George W. Bush not once, but twice...hmmmmmmmmmmm that's a tough question.

And then they elected Obama.

Doesn't make them stupid though.

really?

I didn't vote for Bush (twice) and I didn't vote for Obama (twice). I beg to differ.

I liked Obama learning on the job up until I saw the movie Inside Job.

but two years is a lifetime plus in politics. who knows if Obama will ever get my vote
01-14-2010, 01:00 PM

Last edited:

Republicans are 90% white and practicing voter suppression and undermining democracy. Will it continue to work? And what will happen to democracy if the "win" through such tactics?

Yes we know, the Republican Party will never win another Election. Maybe it's time for another one of your deranged 'The Republican Party is Dead!' threads? Can never get enough of those from you. :cuckoo:

Yes we know, the Republican Party will never win another Election. Maybe it's time for another one of your deranged 'The Republican Party is Dead!' threads? Can never get enough of those from you. :cuckoo:

I don't think the GOP is "dead", but I think it has severe Demographic issues.

It does poorly with women and minorities.. and if they don't fix that, they are going to have serious problems in future.

icon4.gif
Wave: GOP Voters At All-Time High...

.....Just to vote for the next "Bob Dole".

Yeah.....appropriate-enough......​

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

825.gif

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Forum List

Back