Watching the sea ice melt in the arctic 2012!

The deniers are going off the rails, because it's all falling apart for them. This record low arctic sea ice was the tipping point of their sanity, because it's so impossible to deny, and because the average person can connect so strongly with it. This isn't some abstract global average temperature, this is Santa's workshop melting.

I keep asking the deniers for their theory to explain the observed warming, and to make some predictions based on that theory. None of them will do so. That's how we know they're doing pseudoscience on the orders of their political cult.

I'll predict that 2013 shows a new record high average global temperature. With an El Nino starting up now and the solar cycle hitting maximum, only a massive volcanic eruption could prevent a new record high. 2012, probably not, due to the La Nina dominating the first half.

Nobody is denying the ice is melting. What we're denying is that you've proved that CO2 is the proximate cause of the melt.

See the difference?

ev2726_pia02619.jpg

a short while ago, it looked like this

Frank, we're well aware of your "It has to be a natural cycle, because I feel it must be so!" idiocy. No need to repeat it.

What I keep asking for is your theory that explains the current warming. And you won't give one. None of the denialists will. That's because you're all pseudoscience-babbling political cultists.

So, they are predicting a minimum of three for this year. I have to wonder about the upswing part of it. At some point, the heat absorbed by the open water is going to push the freezeup curve to the right.

Frank, we're well aware of your "It has to be a natural cycle, because I feel it must be so!" idiocy. No need to repeat it.

What I keep asking for is your theory that explains the current warming. And you won't give one. None of the denialists will. That's because you're all pseudoscience-babbling political cultists.

I thought you had a theory? The ice is melting because of soot from Asia. There, done.

I've never seen a single experiment that shows how a 200PPM increase in CO2 does much of anything

How about you mamooy. We can show categorically that nothing occuring now is out of the ordinary. We can show "weather events" that occured in the past that were more severe, and more damaging. All without the benefit of CO2.

So, referencing Occam, how do you explain that?

How about you mamooy. We can show categorically that nothing occuring(sic) now is out of the ordinary. We can show "weather events" that occured(sic) in the past that were more severe, and more damaging. All without the benefit of CO2.

So, referencing Occam, how do you explain that?
Easy to explain. You're a deluded retard. You have some deranged fantasies about what you can "categorically show" when in fact, you are unable to provide any sound scientific evidence whatsoever that supports your idiotic delusions. Whenever you try to "show" everyone your evidence, it is so lame and unscientific that it gets debunked immediately.

Climate change: How do we know?
NASA

(government publication - not under copyright - free to reproduce)
(excerpts)

The evidence for rapid climate change is compelling:

Sea level rise
Global sea level rose about 17 centimeters (6.7 inches) in the last century. The rate in the last decade, however, is nearly double that of the last century.(4)

Global temperature rise
All three major global surface temperature reconstructions show that Earth has warmed since 1880. (5) Most of this warming has occurred since the 1970s, with the 20 warmest years having occurred since 1981 and with all 10 of the warmest years occurring in the past 12 years. (6) Even though the 2000s witnessed a solar output decline resulting in an unusually deep solar minimum in 2007-2009, surface temperatures continue to increase. (7)

Warming oceans
The oceans have absorbed much of this increased heat, with the top 700 meters (about 2,300 feet) of ocean showing warming of 0.302 degrees Fahrenheit since 1969. (8)

Shrinking ice sheets
The Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets have decreased in mass. Data from NASA's Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment show Greenland lost 150 to 250 cubic kilometers (36 to 60 cubic miles) of ice per year between 2002 and 2006, while Antarctica lost about 152 cubic kilometers (36 cubic miles) of ice between 2002 and 2005.

Declining Arctic sea ice
Both the extent and thickness of Arctic sea ice has declined rapidly over the last several decades. (9)

Glacial retreat
Glaciers are retreating almost everywhere around the world — including in the Alps, Himalayas, Andes, Rockies, Alaska and Africa. (10)

Extreme events
The number of record high temperature events in the United States has been increasing, while the number of record low temperature events has been decreasing, since 1950. The U.S. has also witnessed increasing numbers of intense rainfall events. (11)

Ocean acidification
Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the acidity of surface ocean waters has increased by about 30 percent. (12,13) This increase is the result of humans emitting more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and hence more being absorbed into the oceans. The amount of carbon dioxide absorbed by the upper layer of the oceans is increasing by about 2 billion tons per year. (14,15)

Last edited:
Had we not had that storm and moved more ice into the western end of the Northwest Passage, the Passage would have been open for nearly a month now. Of course the Northeast Passage has been open for quite a while now.

Never convince Frankie Boy of that. He is absolutely sure that science has politics.

The fact that you don't believe that speaks volumes... Do you really believe that politics has nothing to do with it when Federal Grant time arrives? If you do, I have a bridge to sell you.

Never convince Frankie Boy of that. He is absolutely sure that science has politics.

The fact that you don't believe that speaks volumes... Do you really believe that politics has nothing to do with it when Federal Grant time arrives? If you do, I have a bridge to sell you.

OK, dumb fuck. Are we funding all the scientists in Europe, Asia, Russia, and every other country that has scientists? Because they are all reporting the same thing, that the ice in the glaciers and polar caps is melting. That the tempature of the Earths surface and atmosphere is rising. And that the pattern of the rise is that one would expect from GHGs.

Forum List

Back