CDZ Watching a show on NatGeo called "parched".

It's about the crisis in Michigan, and/or in and around Detroit and beyond. Sad show so far. In my opinion water should be owned and operated by the government via local, state, and federal. No American citizen should ever be denide clean healthy drinking water for any amount of money. I think all states in a united effort should make it a reality that no one is denide water or healthcare that if denide leads to death of a human being. Now in the healthcare part of my thinking, we should make sure that we are not encouraging the poor to explode in the birthrates by making it to easy, but never to deny human beings water or healthcare. The gross profit or greed of these very things should stop being allowed to pick winners and losers. Like Trump said we all bleed red in the end, and he is absolutely right.
The Flint, Michigan lead water poisoning was big news some months back and I watched Parched two times last night. It is only a short walk from Detroit to Lake Erie, teach the women how to balance a bucket of water on top of their head.

It's about the crisis in Michigan, and/or in and around Detroit and beyond. Sad show so far. In my opinion water should be owned and operated by the government via local, state, and federal. No American citizen should ever be denide clean healthy drinking water for any amount of money. I think all states in a united effort should make it a reality that no one is denide water or healthcare that if denide leads to death of a human being. Now in the healthcare part of my thinking, we should make sure that we are not encouraging the poor to explode in the birthrates by making it to easy, but never to deny human beings water or healthcare. The gross profit or greed of these very things should stop being allowed to pick winners and losers. Like Trump said we all bleed red in the end, and he is absolutely right.
Just curious but why did the state of Michigan let the city of Flint get away with not maintaining their water system? The taxes there were sufficient to do that.

Health care is whole whole different issue. Should we all have to pay the bill for the street walker when she gets aids and passes in on to her johns? Or any risky behavior that someone took. Should we all be responsible to provide them care over and above the needs of others who didn't take those risks?
Either make laws to stop the risky behaviors to begin with or have someway to treat those who make serious mistakes for whatever reasons in their lives in which they might do so or allow those mistakes to become everyone's problems if not careful down the road.

Allowing the various platforms, safehavens, access, and influencing to exist freely that enable, enhances, and allows people to make critical mis-judgements in their lives, also allows those mis-judgements to become other people's problems if not treated properly in every way. If people were perfect, then there would be no problems, but people aren't perfect, and therefore there has to be treatments for the problems that come about in all things that if left alone can kill or hurt millions. Drug abuse is the prime example of such a thing, where as there is no where near enough being done to stop the problem, because the entrenched corruption has become so great. We as a nation have got to work together to save ourselves from the very bad habits and ills of society, and to put the problems in check.

The Flint, Michigan lead water poisoning was big news some months back and I watched Parched two times last night. It is only a short walk from Detroit to Lake Erie, teach the women how to balance a bucket of water on top of their head.
. And your point is ?

Just curious but why did the state of Michigan let the city of Flint get away with not maintaining their water system? The taxes there were sufficient to do that.

Health care is whole whole different issue. Should we all have to pay the bill for the street walker when she gets aids and passes in on to her johns? Or any risky behavior that someone took. Should we all be responsible to provide them care over and above the needs of others who didn't take those risks?
Either make laws to stop the risky behaviors to begin with or have someway to treat those who make serious mistakes for whatever reasons in their lives in which they might do so or allow those mistakes to become everyone's problems if not careful down the road.

Allowing the various platforms, safehavens, access, and influencing to exist freely that enable, enhances, and allows people to make critical mis-judgements in their lives, also allows those mis-judgements to become other people's problems if not treated properly in every way. If people were perfect, then there would be no problems, but people aren't perfect, and therefore there has to be treatments for the problems that come about in all things that if left alone can kill or hurt millions. Drug abuse is the prime example of such a thing, where as there is no where near enough being done to stop the problem, because the entrenched corruption has become so great. We as a nation have got to work together to save ourselves from the very bad habits and ills of society, and to put the problems in check.
For each state, county and city it will be up to the people in those to keep their public officials on a short string when it comes to public funds.

People showing up at the emergency room was cheaper than the ACA.
As far as water goes. Out west priority rights take presidence

You're going to have to pick your poison cuz everything can't be free.
. No one wants everything to be free, but the things that a human being needs to survive should always be safe and accessible no matter what. We were sending billions over seas, but turning off an 85 year olds water in Detroit ?? Now what's wrong with that picture ?
You didn't make it clear that someones water had been turned off.
. The doc was an eye opener... Sad stuff.

Confucius say:

If you don't pay your water bill then you probably won't be getting water for very long.
. And when you stick hundreds of thousands into a situation where the rug is pulled out from under them, then what ? Just let them die in squalor and filth as the nation turns their back on them ? Is everything gonna be played as people just being bums and lazy or is it just a convienent excuse always to not address the bigger problems at large ? We should be able to go into a situation, and fix any situation before people get sick or dead because of the catastrophic events that built up due our gross negligence.

For each state, county and city it will be up to the people in those to keep their public officials on a short string when it comes to public funds.
. Extreme greed and corruption will be an on going battle, and it is something tough to get a handle on without commities being formed to battle such things.

Don't believe the propaganda. If you think the government will take care of the.water better than indivuals, you are a fool. You want to see how the government manages.resources, look at the piss poor job they've done with our public lands. Look at the shitty job they've done managing wild horses. Look at the nightmare at Flint.
. Individuals who are in it for profit of a kick back, and therefore they are motivated to turn off an 85 year olds water or to turn off a struggling mother's water imho is a sick & twisted situation, unless the documentory was lying. Was it lying ?
Do you believe everything you see on TV too beagle9 .
. So you think the series is bullcrap or has to much a left lean to it maybe ?

. No one wants everything to be free, but the things that a human being needs to survive should always be safe and accessible no matter what. We were sending billions over seas, but turning off an 85 year olds water in Detroit ?? Now what's wrong with that picture ?
Does that 85 year old have a piece of land which the US can use to set up an air base to bomb our enemies? Can she offer land for our military to operate out of, in order to exert our power around the globe?

Water sure ain't free.
Water must be collected, purified, delivered, metered, and billed.

It sure ain't free. Absolutely positively gawddam right about that.
. Has the cost gone up to or in very gross numbers over time or has the economy being broken for so many therefore caused the cost to be just to much for those who found themselves in one HELL of a situation that they never saw coming as quick as it came upon them ????? There are other documentories on Michigan's fall from glory, and they all have been done well in the illustrating of what happens when the balance of society changes to fast, and to quickly therefore trapping hundreds of thousands at a time in tragic situations.

Does that 85 year old have a piece of land which the US can use to set up an air base to bomb our enemies? Can she offer land for our military to operate out of, in order to exert our power around the globe?
. Again we were sending millions over seas to support abortions in other countries, so what is you're point again towards the 85 year old American living here ?

. Again we were sending millions over seas to support abortions in other countries, so what is you're point again towards the 85 year old American living here ?
Again!? What do you mean again? I never made any point "toward" the 85 year old... I pointed out why it's more advantageous to send money overseas, than it is to pay her bills.

HA tell that to FIJI. Greedy bastards charging 2 bucks a bottle!

Again!? What do you mean again? I never made any point "toward" the 85 year old... I pointed out why it's more advantageous to send money overseas, than it is to pay her bills.
. You never made a point about the 85 year old ??? Now here you go trying to make yet another point about the 85 year old lady, except this time it's not that she may not be a contributor to our military in anyway as you suggested, but that how dare anyone help her keep her water on ? The nerve of anyone doing that right ?

HA tell that to FIJI. Greedy bastards charging 2 bucks a bottle!
. Weird phenomenon huh ?

Don't believe the propaganda. If you think the government will take care of the.water better than indivuals, you are a fool. You want to see how the government manages.resources, look at the piss poor job they've done with our public lands. Look at the shitty job they've done managing wild horses. Look at the nightmare at Flint.
. Individuals who are in it for profit of a kick back, and therefore they are motivated to turn off an 85 year olds water or to turn off a struggling mother's water imho is a sick & twisted situation, unless the documentory was lying. Was it lying ?
Every scumbag associated with the EPA is in it for a profit. Fuck federal management and ownership, and fuck the EPA and all the other criminal agencies. I hope they all die screaming and covered in their own shit.

Every scumbag associated with the EPA is in it for a profit. Fuck federal management and ownership, and fuck the EPA and all the other criminal agencies. I hope they all die screaming and covered in their own shit.
. Ok, so how do we tackle getting the abuse out of the situation ? Go completely private (water wells, windmills, water wheels etc.), or giant privately owned water companies that have the only incentive of profits to be made, and to hell with anyone who might end up on a rollercoaster ride in life by no fault of their own eh ? I mean why do we have any government run organizations at all if we have not the poor among us to ever consider ??

Last edited:
. Ok, so how do we tackle getting the abuse out of the situation ? Go completely private (water wells, windmills, water wheels etc.), or giant privately owned water companies that have the only incentive of profits to be made, and to hell with anyone who might end up on a rollercoaster ride in life by no fault of their own eh ? I mean why do we have any government run organizations at all ??
How about just "pay your water bill" ???

Forum List

Back