CDZ Women's wage gap...

sakinago

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012
If companies that only care about their bottom line, have been getting away with paying women 70 cents on the dollar, then why don't all companies just higher women since they can pay them 70% less?

Women simply don't go after the high paying degrees, aint innovators and don't put in the years to become as respected. The idea that businesses need to be forced by the government to pay someone less experienced, has no innovations to make profit off of and doesn't have the same level of education is pure idiocy.

Women simply don't go after the high paying degrees, aint innovators and don't put in the years to become as respected. The idea that businesses need to be forced by the government to pay someone less experienced, has no innovations to make profit off of and doesn't have the same level of education is pure idiocy.

Damn, that's the first intelligent thing you have said in a long time. Congrats!

Outside of they don't go for the high paying degrees, I disagree with you. And can't help but think it's a far cry of things you have previously posted...honestly kind of sexist, as much as I can't believe I'm saying that.

I agree with the last part, I disagree with the first part. Women are certainly capable of going after higher paying degrees, innovation and putting in the years to build respect.

The mythical "wage gap" is calculated without regard for the choices women make. Not all women are the same but many women tend to choose taking off time to raise families instead of pursuing professional ambitions. Women also have more health-related issues which require time off. Things such as this will naturally skew "average rate of pay" over time, and the progressive left exploits this statistic to support a false claim.

In a good number of industries, women are actually paid better than men and are more sought after. Of course, this doesn't support the progressive narrative so let's ignore it.

I agree with the last part, I disagree with the first part. Women are certainly capable of going after higher paying degrees, innovation and putting in the years to build respect.

The mythical "wage gap" is calculated without regard for the choices women make. Not all women are the same but many women tend to choose taking off time to raise families instead of pursuing professional ambitions. Women also have more health-related issues which require time off. Things such as this will naturally skew "average rate of pay" over time, and the progressive left exploits this statistic to support a false claim.

In a good number of industries, women are actually paid better than men and are more sought after. Of course, this doesn't support the progressive narrative so let's ignore it.

Well, it turns out that that men dominate 4 out of the 5 highest paying degrees while women dominate dominate 4 out of the 5 lowest paying degrees.

If companies that only care about their bottom line, have been getting away with paying women 70 cents on the dollar, then why don't all companies just higher women since they can pay them 70% less?

Sometimes small businesses have a difficult time hiring women (or men who can't do this or that).

Some DO hire mostly women. We have a love / hate relationship with maternity leave and a lower desired ceiling on average. But the gap is closing as parenting becomes more team work.

Expanding on that. Sometimes small businesses just CAN'T hire 99% of women to do a job. Consider, I might have an opening for a fellow who can use a computer, be a back up salesperson and do some warehouse type work moving or loading mattresses and furniture.

Darn it, old guys and most women just can't do part of the job so a good percentage of the population is disqualified. :(

That said, if a gal can really do the job you better pay her equally.

They do:

July unemployment rates: adult men, 7.0 percent; adult women, 6.5....--https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2013/ted_20130806.htm
And here we go
nothing but diversion?

capitalism is all about the bottom line.

They do:

July unemployment rates: adult men, 7.0 percent; adult women, 6.5....--https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2013/ted_20130806.htm

What I was going to say was a lot meaner, and funnier, and probably didn't belong in CDZ. This is mean I know, but you really have nothing better? You can't even account for the 6.6 mysterious actual wage gap you should argue on? Again the response I'm holding myself from is way better

I've often wondered why, if women are paid less, they aren't suing in large numbers. It is against the law.

In addition to the "choices" part of any EARNINGS gap, the studies citing a 20+% gap generally are looking at aggregate numbers of all men vs all women. They don't take into consideration that there are more men working and that men average more hours per week.

It really is amazing that this myth refuses to die.

They do:

What I was going to say was a lot meaner, and funnier, and probably didn't belong in CDZ. This is mean I know, but you really have nothing better? You can't even account for the 6.6 mysterious actual wage gap you should argue on? Again the response I'm holding myself from is way better
still nothing but diversion?

capitalism is all about the bottom line. this is a direct rebuttal to your argument.

Capitalists do hire more women and hire them more cheaply.

They do:

capitalism is all about the bottom line. this is a direct rebuttal to your argument.

But why bother hiring men? You'd have to pay them 30% more.

You realize that that there is no 70cents to the dollar wage gap? That is a made up number taken from the mean salary of men vs mean salary of women. All of it because of different choices men make career wise vs women. Women heavily dominant lower playing careers like childhood education, social work, etc. While men dominate most of the higher paying careers, these are career choices. On top of that Men more likely to work in under served areas paying higher, as well as work longer hours with short notice vs women. Men also do not drop out of the work force for long periods of time when they decide to have children. These are all individual choices that are creating the misleading number that women are payed 30% less for the same job. Its just not true, the people pushing line know this, but they're banking on getting that emotional response out of you.

They do:

But why bother hiring men? You'd have to pay them 30% more.

You realize that that there is no 70cents to the dollar wage gap? That is a made up number taken from the mean salary of men vs mean salary of women. All of it because of different choices men make career wise vs women. Women heavily dominant lower playing careers like childhood education, social work, etc. While men dominate most of the higher paying careers, these are career choices. On top of that Men more likely to work in under served areas paying higher, as well as work longer hours with short notice vs women. Men also do not drop out of the work force for long periods of time when they decide to have children. These are all individual choices that are creating the misleading number that women are payed 30% less for the same job. Its just not true, the people pushing line know this, but they're banking on getting that emotional response out of you.
because it would raise the price of women's labor. It is about the bottom line.

/---- equal pay is the law the land since 1965. If the women you speak of are too timid to speak up why don't you contact The Gubmint and file a complaint for them? Chop chop

I love your thought process. Very clever view of facts. Nice!

Well, it turns out that that men dominate 4 out of the 5 highest paying degrees while women dominate dominate 4 out of the 5 lowest paying degrees.

Congratulations on completely destroying your own thesis.

Forum List

Back