CDZ Watching a show on NatGeo called "parched".

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
It's about the crisis in Michigan, and/or in and around Detroit and beyond. Sad show so far. In my opinion water should be owned and operated by the government via local, state, and federal. No American citizen should ever be denide clean healthy drinking water for any amount of money. I think all states in a united effort should make it a reality that no one is denide water or healthcare that if denide leads to death of a human being. Now in the healthcare part of my thinking, we should make sure that we are not encouraging the poor to explode in the birthrates by making it to easy, but never to deny human beings water or healthcare. The gross profit or greed of these very things should stop being allowed to pick winners and losers. Like Trump said we all bleed red in the end, and he is absolutely right.

People showing up at the emergency room was cheaper than the ACA.
As far as water goes. Out west priority rights take presidence

You're going to have to pick your poison cuz everything can't be free.

It's about the crisis in Michigan, and/or in and around Detroit and beyond. Sad show so far. In my opinion water should be owned and operated by the government via local, state, and federal. No American citizen should ever be denide clean healthy drinking water for any amount of money. I think all states in a united effort should make it a reality that no one is denide water or healthcare that if denide leads to death of a human being. Now in the healthcare part of my thinking, we should make sure that we are not encouraging the poor to explode in the birthrates by making it to easy, but never to deny human beings water or healthcare. The gross profit or greed of these very things should stop being allowed to pick winners and losers. Like Trump said we all bleed red in the end, and he is absolutely right.
Just curious but why did the state of Michigan let the city of Flint get away with not maintaining their water system? The taxes there were sufficient to do that.

Health care is whole whole different issue. Should we all have to pay the bill for the street walker when she gets aids and passes in on to her johns? Or any risky behavior that someone took. Should we all be responsible to provide them care over and above the needs of others who didn't take those risks?

Don't believe the propaganda. If you think the government will take care of the.water better than indivuals, you are a fool. You want to see how the government manages.resources, look at the piss poor job they've done with our public lands. Look at the shitty job they've done managing wild horses. Look at the nightmare at Flint.

Don't believe the propaganda. If you think the government will take care of the.water better than indivuals, you are a fool. You want to see how the government manages.resources, look at the piss poor job they've done with our public lands. Look at the shitty job they've done managing wild horses. Look at the nightmare at Flint.
They was business having cocktails and good times verses using the money to make the upgrades when they had the money on hand to do it.

Flint was giving away houses because the people could no longer pay the property taxes on them and now they want a handout.

. No one wants everything to be free, but the things that a human being needs to survive should always be safe and accessible no matter what. We were sending billions over seas, but turning off an 85 year olds water in Detroit ?? Now what's wrong with that picture ?

. Individuals who are in it for profit of a kick back, and therefore they are motivated to turn off an 85 year olds water or to turn off a struggling mother's water imho is a sick & twisted situation, unless the documentory was lying. Was it lying ?

. No one wants everything to be free, but the things that a human being needs to survive should always be safe and accessible no matter what. We were sending billions over seas, but turning off an 85 year olds water in Detroit ?? Now what's wrong with that picture ?
Tell the university there in Michigan to give up some of their millions upon millions in grant moneys to fix Flint.

You didn't make it clear that someones water had been turned off.

Your thinking (call it "mental process" rather than "thinking") beagle9 is very nonlinear and morphs from water to health care to birthrates to poverty to capitalism to Trump.

You must be smoking some really powerful dope.

In my opinion water should be owned and operated by the government via local, state, and federal.
How do you imagine its provision would be any different were the government, instead of a private company, the provider of it? Perhaps you've experienced how water is provided and managed in other countries and think the U.S .should adopt their model?

The business of tapping, collecting, processing and distributing water is one of the textbook examples of a natural monopoly. In exchange for being granted monopoly status, water companies submit to a host of regulations. Within any given locality, providing water happens under the "single provider" model. For the most part, what differs between what you've suggested and what we have now is that the government rather than a publicly held company is the provider.

Frankly, I think having publicly held companies provide water is a good thing because it allows individuals the opportunity to invest their money in a very stable and secure firm that is assured a profit, albeit one that is fixed within a given time span. I mean really...One of the most low risk things one do with one's excess cash (cash in excess of that which the FDIC insures) is to merely buy water utility stock(s) with it. (Hell, one really shouldn't even wait for one's deposit account balance to exceed $100K to do so given that the yield on water stocks easily bests that of a savings or money market account. I'm not sure that same opportunity would exist were the government "the water works," although it's possible for it to be set up so that opportunity does exist.)

No American citizen should ever be denide clean healthy drinking water for any amount of money. ]I think all states in a united effort should make it a reality that no one is denide water...that if denide leads to death of a human being.

Great, but AFAIK, water is the one thing one can obtain for free pretty much anywhere. Even in places established for the purpose of earning money by selling libations will give anyone requesting it a free glass of water. It comes with or without ice and flavoring (generally, lemon or lime) at the requestor's stipulation regardless of whether one actually also buys beverages that are not offered for free. Also, OSHA requires that employers provide potable water and restroom facilities, thus one need only go to a place that has employees to get free and clean water to use as one sees fit.

Ok koshergrl looks like your are ready for The John Birch Society.

I have a feeling we are only getting half of the whole story here beagle9 .

. Individuals who are in it for profit of a kick back, and therefore they are motivated to turn off an 85 year olds water or to turn off a struggling mother's water imho is a sick & twisted situation, unless the documentory was lying. Was it lying ?
Do you believe everything you see on TV too beagle9 .

Confucius say:

If you don't pay your water bill then you probably won't be getting water for very long.

If you think the government will take care of the.water better than indivuals

Only individuals who have wells "take care of" (provide) their own water. The minority of the population (about 13 percent) of the United States nowadays gets their water from wells. Most people obtain their water from public suppliers.

wups-pies.gif

Forum List

Back